United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
El Calafate

Exclamation Is Scholes World Class?

i'm getting sick and tired of forumistas on her waxing lyrical about Scholesy. yes, he's a good player; yes, he's a very good footballer; but world class? please!

don't get me wrong, he's great on the ball, one of the best. but in a midfield two when we don't have the ball (i'm talking about when we're playing the best teams), he is in my opinion a slight liability. can't tackle, average paced and not overly great at tracking back.

just because he's short, ginger and a proper manc doesn't mean he's the bees knees.

so when people are saying that scholes must play when fit...........

PULL YOUR £#%&!IN HEAD IN!

nft.

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
i'm getting sick and tired of forumistas on her waxing lyrical about Scholesy. yes, he's a good player; yes, he's a very good footballer; but world class? please!

don't get me wrong, he's great on the ball, one of the best. but in a midfield two when we don't have the ball (i'm talking about when we're playing the best teams), he is in my opinion a slight liability. can't tackle, average paced and not overly great at tracking back.

just because he's short, ginger and a proper manc doesn't mean he's the bees knees.

nft.
atrocious post. I have used it before but this is a car crash of a post.

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Ed Sullivan

so much wrong with that post

1) he was world class and at times still shows it now

2) he is still one of the best passers i've ever seen

3) he can conduct games and perform in europe as in the prem (alot of "world class" players can't do this)

4) at the moment he must play whilst fit

5) he's not a proper manc

nft.

naes_sean

Default Is Scholes World Class?

yes

nft

MUFC One Love

That's it though, you say he doesn't have pace and doesn't track back etc, but he is so clever and is a big asset in big games, you don't notice his lack of pace and he doesn't need to track back 'cos he is always there.

Mr_Ed

If this wasn't a wum then I'd give it more time but Zidane, Vieira and Manu Petit have all waxed lyrical about how good Paul Scholes actually is... high praise indeed.

1MUFC

Scholes is amazing, ban this @#%&!.

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Rhodzy

Scholes is the best midfielder in the league.

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

I get really annoyed when United fans give their genuinely held positive opinions about our players. @#%&!s!

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
mark o

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
yes

nft

Surely the should have come before the NFT.

NFT

oops NFT

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Enjoying Insanity

I thought I spouted some shit on here, but that first post is of Olympic standard.

NFT

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:58 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

World class means you would get in ANY team in the world in your position.

Scholes would have walked into ANY team. NFT

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Smeggs

yes, yes, yes.

love the bloke.

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
The Return of JC

Yes.

Next question.

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Fountz

Default To a certain extent, I see where you're coming from..

Quote:

nft.
..and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was actually pleased when Anderson replaced him the other night..

Having said that.. Scholes for about 3 or 4 years was consistently our best player. One of the few to rise to the occasion when it really mattered.

However, I do agree... he's the latest to put on a pedestal.

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Buckwheat

Angry

Quote:

nft.
£#%&!ing #@&%!

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat
£#%&!ing #@&%!
great contributition to this thread, you new? nft.

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
P.L.A.N.T.I.N.I

Quote:

nft.
this individual should be removed form the site, for serious lack of footballing knowledge...obviously never seen a game of football in his life. as not only is paul scholes world class he is quite easily the best british footballer of the past 30 years.

had he been french or spanish or italian he would lauded as the finest footballer on the planet year on year,

what an absolute muppet

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:23 PM
The Return of JC

Scholes is arguably the greatest English player of this generation. So if he isn't World Class then England haven't prodcued a world class player in our generation.

Balls.

I think people's ideas of world class differ. World class means you'd get into any side in the world? Right, so you can't have more than 2 world class strikers at any one time? Or more than one world class keeper?

World class is someone who can perform at the highest level of football without any shadow of a doubt over a consistent period of time. Scholes has been consistent in Europe and for England in major championships over the past ten years and is regarded by his fellows pros in this country as a genius. Wayne Rooney calls him a genius. WAYNE ROONEY in awe of someone else's ability FFS!

Paul Scholes is one of United's top 5 to 10 players over the last 20 years. If he isn't world class then we might aswell question everyone's reputation.

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Buckwheat

Quote:
great contributition to this thread, you new? nft.
Nah just don't have time to post much. Perhaps you're not a #@&%!, I don't know, but in fairness what conclusion could anyone come to after reading that.
Closed Thread