United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Huge part of my point is him being prepared to take all the flack. I expect he'd rather have kept him another year tbh.
Ain't read this thread tbh, just saw that last post and thought I'd wade in..

Unread 29-08-2017, 06:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Ain't read this thread tbh, just saw that last post and thought I'd wade in..

Wouldn't reccomend it tbf.

Unread 29-08-2017, 07:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Kroenke has pretty much been a major influence for ten years now. So that actually does cover a lot of those contractual issues. Arsenal had relented and given Cole a new deal one year before he joined Chelsea. As was the case at the time, Chelsea were offering everyone better wages. Plus his relationship with Arsenal had soured.

Whatever you think of Wenger, it's at best dubious to think he willingly sold his best players to direct rivals.
I'm sure Kroenke looks at 60,000 fans a week, more match day revenue than anyone else, CL/Prem/tv money, a tight-£#%&! manager and thinks only a mug would change this set up; and why wouldn't he? He lives ten thousand miles away, knows £#%&! all about football and the last thing he wants is a squeaky wheel manager demanding dough to compete, so he lets him get on with it.

He knows he can justify keeping Wenger from a sporting standpoint because he won titles three hundred years ago. However, whether you blame Wenger for his decisions or the board for being happy with his decisions and leaving him in place leads back to the same place in the end. No manager who's been at a club for twenty years can have any excuses whatsoever about a predicament. They hired/bought everyone; it's on them.

Unread 29-08-2017, 08:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I'm sure Kroenke looks at 60,000 fans a week, more match day revenue than anyone else, CL/Prem/tv money, a tight-f***** manager and thinks only a mug would change this set up; and why wouldn't he? He lives ten thousand miles away, knows £#%&! all about football and the last thing he wants is a squeaky wheel manager demanding dough to compete, so he lets him get on with it.

He knows he can justify keeping Wenger from a sporting standpoint because he won titles three hundred years ago. However, whether you blame Wenger for his decisions or the board for being happy with his decisions and leaving him in place leads back to the same place in the end. No manager who's been at a club for twenty years can have any excuses whatsoever about a predicament. They hired/bought everyone; it's on them.
Well, how long you've been there doesn't really matter if the owners start making poor decisions or making restrictions. But anyway I'm not really excusing Wenger - he's underachieved over the last few years and it's getting worse. My point was that I suspect their problems could run deeper and they could remain a shambles or even fall further still without him. As you pointed out in the first paragraph, they are not designed to achieve. Therefore that has to be their main concern as fans, imo, before Wenger.

Unread 30-08-2017, 05:29 AM
Denis Irwell

Chill lads - getting like Claude and Ty

Unread 30-08-2017, 02:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Chill lads - getting like Claude and Ty

Bit out of order comparing Siders to Ty imo.
Closed Thread