Stoke away next. Should do them 3 nil.
yessir

Unread 27-08-2017, 06:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
that's surprising.

Stoke away next. Should do them 3 nil.
Of course we needed a last gasp equaliser there last season - will be an interesting indicator of how far we have progressed.

Unread 27-08-2017, 07:03 PM
puressence

Big game stoke considering city play Liverpool at 1230 ..

Unread 27-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Mr_Ed

We'd played 3 and won 3 last season

Unread 27-08-2017, 07:31 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We'd played 3 and won 3 last season
didn't other teams also do the same last season?

Unread 27-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
didn't other teams also do the same last season?
didn't city win their first 10 games?

Unread 27-08-2017, 07:33 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
didn't city win their first 10 games?
Yep you had em champions sept oct

Unread 27-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Sparky***

I still think City will take some stopping when and if they hit their stride later in the season. They're a bit of a mess at the moment because they're bedding in so many new faces. I am worried that they seem to have a nack of scabbing results now tbh.

I reckon they're going to give Liverpool a walloping on sept 9th

Unread 27-08-2017, 07:43 PM
armchair

only one team having 100% wins after 3 games seems unusual to me.

Unread 27-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I still think City will take some stopping when and if they hit their stride later in the season. They're a bit of a mess at the moment because they're bedding in so many new faces. I am worried that they seem to have a nack of scabbing results now tbh.

I reckon they're going to give Liverpool a walloping on sept 9th
Think their lack of proper midfielders will cause them problems. All very well when you're dominating and a team is just sitting back but any proper midfield duels and they're gonna shit themselves.

Unread 27-08-2017, 09:32 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
only one team having 100% wins after 3 games seems unusual to me.
Show's the lack of quality in the rest of the league, TBH.
The only top clashes so far have been Chelsea v Spuds & Arsenal v Liverpool.
But 3 of those teams had dropped points before those games anyway.

Unread 27-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Show's the lack of quality in the rest of the league, TBH.
The only top clashes so far have been Chelsea v Spuds & Arsenal v Liverpool.
But 3 of those teams had dropped points before those games anyway.
or a raise in quality of the rest of the league.

Unread 27-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
or a raise in quality of the rest of the league.
This.

We have by far the strongest league in terms of the quality of players plying their trade at midtwble teams and below.

Unread 28-08-2017, 08:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Think their lack of proper midfielders will cause them problems. All very well when you're dominating and a team is just sitting back but any proper midfield duels and they're gonna shit themselves.
I thought city would piss it, but looking at them they are still poor at the back and they play a really attacking midfield. He has to fit players in because they have that many good attackers which I think could cost them even against smaller teams so surely in big games he will drop an attacker for a proper midfielder? If not they will struggle in the big matches. Utd did win their first 3 last season but it was different, they look far stronger and dominate now and our attackers seem to have gained confidence. Matic is absolutely brilliant, I didn't realise just how good he is on the ball. We have a good squad with players to come in like Herrera. If we keep ticking over early on we could have a chance come May. If we go to Stoke and look as good as we have and win I may get a bit giddy.

Unread 28-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
This.

We have by far the strongest league in terms of the quality of players plying their trade at midtwble teams and below.
Not according to this fella

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/premi...s1p2v1wzo61dfk

Unread 28-08-2017, 10:54 AM
20 times

We need a winger. Our current wide options stay infield which could make it hard to break teams down.

Unread 28-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
We need a winger. Our current wide options stay infield which could make it hard to break teams down.
And maybe a LB if old fat arse doesn't come good this season

It's good to see Utd at the stage where we only need one or two additions each summer rather than four or five.

Unread 28-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
And maybe a LB if old fat arse doesn't come good this season

It's good to see Utd at the stage where we only need one or two additions each summer rather than four or five.

Exactly. Nearly there, pal.

Unread 28-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Sweet FA

So far so good ,but i remember 1 season early 80's we won 1st 10 games , and all the headlines made us champions before the end of october , don't think we finished in the top 3 . pretty confident we will get a champions league place at the end of this campaign , we might even have a few ribbons to go with it ,keep the faith my friends.
Closed Thread