United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:28 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Playing in a league Keith? Hope you'll be a stand-up guy and not fadge out of the dreaded 9pm/10pm kick-offs. My team fell apart when nobody could be arsed turning up and those that did reported not getting to sleep until 5am.
the sleepless night after playing is dreadful especially on a school night, it puts me off playing on the Monday night.

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Playing in a league Keith? Hope you'll be a stand-up guy and not fadge out of the dreaded 9pm/10pm kick-offs. My team fell apart when nobody could be arsed turning up and those that did reported not getting to sleep until 5am.

late ko's are £#%&!ing mental - unless you get a few beers in to sleep. Just too late.

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Child of Darkness

I'd happily play again , but im never organising it again as long as Ive got a hole in my arse

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Harfynn Teuport

Football

Just started back this past Monday after about 5 months of a break. Aching all week since but after the next couple of games I'll be back bitches

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:56 AM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
the sleepless night after playing is dreadful especially on a school night, it puts me off playing on the Monday night.
Played three games last Monday eve, including one well past my bedtime at ~10pm

Didn't get a wink and a was a gloomy @#%&! all day at work

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:57 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I'd happily play again , but im never organising it again as long as Ive got a hole in my arse
yeah, £#%&! that noise. worse than herding cats

i used to do that until i saw my arse when some moaned about odd numbers or not getting enough players, so made someone else sort it

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:57 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Played tonight for the first time in about 3 years.

£#%&! me, I was dog shit and was literally giving it an ando after about 7 minutes - hands on knees desperately trying to draw air.

I go running ffs but I felt chronically unfit. Doing stuff like trying to have a turn in nets every 5 mins. awful.

Anyway I'll report back if I play future matches.

i keep being asked to join my mates 5 aside, but i think i'm going to wait until next year when i'm 35 so i can qualify to play in the veterans league i'd end up doing a keano after 5 mins due to getting skinned by some pacey 19 year old little shit if i didn't.

Unread 06-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Zorg

Played twice a week for years, I got pretty good at it. Top scorer in our league one season, and that was in a division of absolute thugs constantly hacking your shins.

Then I played 11 a side and was totally lost. Had no idea where I was supposed to be, couldn't shoot from outside the box and kept trying tiny little one-twos in a space the size of a postage stamp.

Unread 06-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Jethro

If anyone based in Manchester is ever short of players drop me a PM. Feeling good about my ankle and I really need to get back on it before it's too late.

Unread 06-11-2015, 11:49 AM
eusker

Played football at least once a week until I had a year off when the eldest was born.

The first 5 a side after I came back was horrific. It wasn't just being out of breath and making runs, I couldn't even control the ball or make a simple pass. (Insert Rooney joke here) At one point I just fell over for no reason and everyone pissed themselves. (Insert Young... etc)

It took about 3 months to get back into it.

Played 11 a side for the first time in years and even though I was running regularly and playing 5 a side I was seeing stars after the first 5 minutes. Manager moved me out of midfield to right back, which was marginally less painful.

Unread 06-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
Played football at least once a week until I had a year off when the eldest was born.

The first 5 a side after I came back was horrific. It wasn't just being out of breath and making runs, I couldn't even control the ball or make a simple pass. (Insert Rooney joke here) At one point I just fell over for no reason and everyone pissed themselves. (Insert Young... etc)

It took about 3 months to get back into it.

Played 11 a side for the first time in years and even though I was running regularly and playing 5 a side I was seeing stars after the first 5 minutes. Manager moved me out of midfield to right back, which was marginally less painful.
I just start there saves the embarrassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
If anyone based in Manchester is ever short of players drop me a PM. Feeling good about my ankle and I really need to get back on it before it's too late.
ditto

fancy a game of long shots ?

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:21 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan

yeah, its a killer.

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan

All the years I was in New York, I played in a league where every kickoff was 10pm. I didn't get to sleep before 3am once.

We played at Pier40 with lower Manhattan skyscrapers lit up like Christmas trees looming in the background. Our team was all 35+ in a league full of young Financial District type A dicks. I used to make 25 saves a game and we'd lose 5-0. Good times.

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:45 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
All the years I was in New York, I played in a league where every kickoff was 10pm. I didn't get to sleep before 3am once.

We played at Pier40 with lower Manhattan skyscrapers lit up like Christmas trees looming in the background. Our team was all 35+ in a league full of young Financial District type A dicks. I used to make 25 saves a game and we'd lose 5-0. Good times.
I'm a keeper too. You certainly get your money's worth if you have inept / lazy team mates

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Jethro

Quote:

I once played in Park Slope (I think) in a mixed gender game. The guy running the games was from Brighton (again, I think) and thought he was the dogs %@#$&!s. I turned up and left him red faced on more than one occasion. One of the girls playing was on the end of a relatively tame shoulder barge and went flying into a pack of runners.

She was absolutely stunning too

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I once played in Park Slope (I think) in a mixed gender game. The guy running the games was from Brighton (again, I think) and thought he was the dogs %@#$&!s. I turned up and left him red faced on more than one occasion. One of the girls playing was on the end of a relatively tame shoulder barge and went flying into a pack of runners.

She was absolutely stunning too
mixed games

I once got a hand full of boob whilst doing a kind of hand off shield type thing , swear to go it was accidental

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:50 PM
jem

Quote:

yoo-hoo!

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yoo-hoo!

I havent got any football trophies

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I have got any football trophies