United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:23 AM
My Name is Keith

Default 5-a-side thread

Played tonight for the first time in about 3 years.

£#%&! me, I was dog shit and was literally giving it an ando after about 7 minutes - hands on knees desperately trying to draw air.

I go running ffs but I felt chronically unfit. Doing stuff like trying to have a turn in nets every 5 mins. awful.

Anyway I'll report back if I play future matches.

Unread 06-11-2015, 01:30 AM
dunk

You'll ache in bits of your body you forgot you had tomorrow there's no substitute for playing the game

Unread 06-11-2015, 02:19 AM
jem

£#%&! off, keith.

give us the £#%&!ing possession stats and stop it with all this flowery nonsense.

Unread 06-11-2015, 05:33 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Played tonight for the first time in about 3 years.

£#%&! me, I was dog shit and was literally giving it an ando after about 7 minutes - hands on knees desperately trying to draw air.

I go running ffs but I felt chronically unfit. Doing stuff like trying to have a turn in nets every 5 mins. awful.

Anyway I'll report back if I play future matches.

Unread 06-11-2015, 05:40 AM
Bunker Buster

Don't they say "you play football to keep fit, not get fit"

Or something like that...

Unread 06-11-2015, 07:39 AM
guerreiro

For a long time I only played 5 a side and sat on the couch, whereas one of my more annoying mates is a triathlon @#%&!, constantly running, biking and swimming I suppose. He filled in for a game and was wheezing around the pitch like a lambert and butler smoker.

Last year I played indoor cricket for the first time in my life, couple of innings on the bat and bowled 6 overs. I was in so much pain for days afterwards it was remarkable. Must have used muscles I had never used once in my life before

Unread 06-11-2015, 08:36 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

couple of years back, i played 5AS after 6 months of inactivity....seriously considered ringing for an ambulance after about 10 minutes

last month, pulled a £#%&!in hamstring playing CG bowling ffs

hate getting old ........

Unread 06-11-2015, 08:37 AM
My Name is Keith

Can attest to the pain

Have had to dress myself this morning using a hastily constructed winch system in which I was placed into the trouser without bending any limbs - Wallace and gromits wrong trousers style. Even had to do a standing up wee - hitherto unprecedented for 5 years +

Took the bins out (brown again and blue) as if made out of wood.

I do find cricket pain a bit harder to believe. I mean Mike gatting ffs

Unread 06-11-2015, 08:39 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Can attest to the pain

Have had to dress myself this morning using a hastily constructed winch system in which I was placed into the trouser without bending any limbs - Wallace and gromits wrong trousers style. Even had to do a standing up wee - hitherto unprecedented for 5 years +

Unread 06-11-2015, 08:40 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Can attest to the pain

i enjoy the stiffness the day after.....its the heart attack during the event thats the bitch

Unread 06-11-2015, 08:40 AM
no fun

Play regularly....keithers, persevere....after 5 or 6 games you will get back into it, before you know it you will be a box to box monster

Unread 06-11-2015, 08:53 AM
waynes ear's

Bloody love the pain. Will report back sunday after my first game in 3 months. Hopefully its hailstoning, windy and freezing. Just to give me a real slap in the face

Unread 06-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Play regularly....keithers, persevere....after 5 or 6 games you will get back into it, before you know it you will be a box to box monster
Pretty sure Keith isn't playing walking football.

Unread 06-11-2015, 09:00 AM
doudou

Love 5-a-side. Have played pretty much every week for the past few years and have reached a level where I'm barely competent.

Will forever treasure the certificate our team got for finishing 3rd in last year's staff tournament at the UN in Santiago.

Unread 06-11-2015, 09:04 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Pretty sure Keith isn't playing walking football.
Ooh beware the green eyed monster...just because you now need calipers to walk to the shops, no need to lash out

FYI our 5 a side is of a good standard ( all players having appeared in the top division of the wythenshawe Sunday league) and we still run

Unread 06-11-2015, 09:41 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Can attest to the pain

stick with it pal. I play twice a week now and the Monday night is a lot easier than the Friday night.

Unread 06-11-2015, 09:45 AM
guerreiro

Quote:

Talk about below the belt. Try and show some empathy, even draw an analogy on a personal experience to relate and that's ye thanks I get?

From a jesse who sits down to piss n'all. Scandalous.

Unread 06-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Knockers

Playing in a league Keith? Hope you'll be a stand-up guy and not fadge out of the dreaded 9pm/10pm kick-offs. My team fell apart when nobody could be arsed turning up and those that did reported not getting to sleep until 5am.

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:13 AM
hopkins

I had 4 months out with a sprained wrist and made my comeback a fortnight ago. Jesus wept, even my gut and arms were aching

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Child of Darkness

played in a league a few years back

we had no keeper for 6 months so consequently didn't win a game

we finally got a decent keeper and finally won a game - we nearly all broke down felt like we'd won the world cup
Closed Thread