United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:28 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Your Honour may it please you, i appear on behalf of the defence. My Learned friend rogieop appears for the prosecution.

To begin, i respectfully submit that this trial is based upon an erroneous charge:

Herewith is the question posed originally by carlosartorial:

It is my submission that said poll specifies no time limit, and as such cannot constitute a rational basis upon which to apply charges. It is clear from this that any posters identifying themselves in the "on" camp, hereafter referred to as "onners", were misled intentionally and with malice aforethought.

Your Honour, Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo, an innocent bystander to these events i must add, cannot be said to have been "off" in any proper sense of the word, as he may yet still join Manchester United FC, whether this be in January 2015, in any following transfer window, or indeed in later life as a coach or manager.

Further, even in old age, Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo may take a part-time role as a janitor or steward. A lifelong wish of his i am reliably informed.

All of the above scenarios constitute being "on". Indeed, were convictions and dare i say executions to follow, only for Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo to join at a later date, a serious miscarriage of justice will have taken place, and one for which no court in the land could hope to remedy.

It is my submission that on this basis charges cannot properly be laid until the aforementioned is actually deceased.

You may have it in mind to follow the spirit of the poll as opposed to the clearly ambiguous words contained therein. However, my clients were entitled to rely upon the wording presented, and took part in good faith, trusting Mr. Sartorial in the process. A trust which has not been reciprocated i am afraid to say.:shakehead:

On this right and proper basis i therefore request that these scurrilous charges be dismissed, and my clients be released from custody with immediate effect.
Interesting. We will recess until tomorrow or at least I will.

As an aside, are you suggest Vidal is in fact Hong Kong Fuey?

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:30 PM
irk

Quote:
Your Honour may it please you, i appear on behalf of the defence. My Learned friend rogieop appears for the prosecution.

To begin, i respectfully submit that this trial is based upon an erroneous charge:

It is my submission that said poll specifies no time limit, and as such cannot constitute a rational basis upon which to apply charges. It is clear from this that any posters identifying themselves in the "on" camp, hereafter referred to as "onners", were misled intentionally and with malice aforethought.

Your Honour, Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo, an innocent bystander to these events i must add, cannot be said to have been "off" in any proper sense of the word, as he may yet still join Manchester United FC, whether this be in January 2015, in any following transfer window, or indeed in later life as a coach or manager.

Further, even in old age, Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo may take a part-time role as a janitor or steward. A lifelong wish of his i am reliably informed.

All of the above scenarios constitute being "on". Indeed, were convictions and dare i say executions to follow, only for Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo to join at a later date, a serious miscarriage of justice will have taken place, and one for which no court in the land could hope to remedy.

It is my submission that on this basis charges cannot properly be laid until the aforementioned is actually deceased.

You may have it in mind to follow the spirit of the poll as opposed to the clearly ambiguous words contained therein. However, my clients were entitled to rely upon the wording presented, and took part in good faith, trusting Mr. Sartorial in the process. A trust which has not been reciprocated i am afraid to say.:shakehead:

On this right and proper basis i therefore request that these scurrilous charges be dismissed, and my clients be released from custody with immediate effect.
£#%&!ing lawyers :spits:

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
MNIK - With respect your honour it is clear you meant the recently expired transfer window when you referred to "the transfer window" otherwise you would have referred to it as "any transfer window" or "the next transfer window" you did not and therefore the charge remains . Ignorance of the law is no defence your honour despite the submissions of atticus
Your honour should bang his gavel for 'order, order' as I am virtually murmuring assent from the gallery.

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I'm tempted to sentence you to three years hard grammar for the above but instead have noted your representations. The jurors will consider the same when all appointed.
acknowledged your honour.

I am currently attend a basic English language evening class to rectify your concerns.

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
It had a time limit.

You need a new associate.

Your Honour, there appears to be a ginger heckler in the public gallery. May i request he be removed by security and ideally beaten?

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:35 PM
silv

is bail granted or what ffs

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Your Honour, there appears to be a ginger heckler in the public gallery. May i request he be removed by security and ideally beaten?
I felt bad doing it but now im glad I did.

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:37 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
is bail granted or what ffs
SILENCE WORM!

remove him from court, your majesticals.

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:41 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...postcount=8407

Does the linked post sound like the words of a man unsure that the Vidal question related explicitly to the recently expired transfer window? I think not.

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:42 PM
The Watcher

Great opening from atticus. Knew the lad wouldn't let us down

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Crumps

I am staging a dirty protest.

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
TravellingRed

I'd like to volunteer for the firing squad once you find the buggers guilty.

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:53 PM
The Watcher

Travvers and terry both coming out to bat for the prosecution is a blow, nqat. Can just about take teffers treachery, but a gun-toting, V8 loving supporter of the GOP? I'm speechless tbh

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:58 PM
armchair

The defense trying to pick the prosecution lawyer:shakehead:

Unread 03-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
'Nice try, Councillors'.

Unread 03-09-2014, 12:01 AM
RedMenace

Is there going to be voir dire for this jury selection?

Unread 03-09-2014, 12:02 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Let me assure you that rogieop was selected completely at random.

Unread 03-09-2014, 12:04 AM
The Watcher

Exclamation

I think anything posted by the forum proprietor should be inadmissible tbh.

Unread 03-09-2014, 12:06 AM
S/Side.Red

What kind of charge is this, reliant on the premise that the simple-minded & weak are not responsible for their own sense of hope or belief.

Atticus will own this shit.

Unread 03-09-2014, 12:18 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Travvers and terry both coming out to bat for the prosecution is a blow, nqat. Can just about take teffers treachery, but a gun-toting, V8 loving supporter of the GOP? I'm speechless tbh
I ain't batting for either side, I'm just volunteering my services to dispense justice. Would sir like a blindfold btw?
Closed Thread