United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:07 PM
My Name is Keith

Default More City Woes

Had cause to be up at the new city training centre at east lands today which is due to be open in July ish.

Hugely depressing in short. Unbelievable facilities and a staggering amount of investment in Manchester. Whilst we're tying up £#%&!ing hand creams in Thailand, these £#%&!ers are investing in what will be an unrivalled training and academy facility in the city the club sits.

On top of which, my youngest who is five has just been invited down to train with city (alongside his team mates - they are unbelievably good for their age). Wtf? Where are united? Radcliffe borough is literally 6/7 miles from carrington.

I say this because I honestly feel that united have to up their game, certainly in Manchester.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:10 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Unfortunately, the bitters are going nowhere soon and as long as we have our present owners we won't be in a position to do 'owt about it.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Aman27deep

How much money are we paying every year as interest? Ridiculous.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:14 PM
dunk

United are £#%&!ed mate.

City and a seemingly inexhaustible amount of money are absolutely determined to put United in the shade by being successful on the pitch and visible throughout their local area, and are well on their way to succeeding.

They may not have the fan base to justify the stadium expansion right now, but if they continue the way they are going, a shit ton of trophies and constant positive strides in the local community etc. will soon see it grow.

United are completely hamstrung financially in comparison and are reacting with horrifying slowness to the challenge.

Soon all that will be left will be our history, which they will be chipping away at, trophy wise.

Need the Arabs to £#%&! off and soon.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:15 PM
armchair

They've built on the foundation that United originally put down in a way. Worldwide people with a passing interest will start to think that City are the Manchester club with the history soon enough.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United are £#%&!ed mate.
Atleast I've/we've seen the glory days. I feel sorry for the young 'uns now. Hopefully I'll die way before city reach 20.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
United are £#%&!ed mate.

City and a seemingly inexhaustible amount of money are absolutely determined to put United in the shade by being successful on the pitch and visible throughout their local area, and are well on their way to succeeding.

They may not have the fan base to justify the stadium expansion right now, but if they continue the way they are going, a shit ton of trophies and constant positive strides in the local community etc. will soon see it grow.

United are completely hamstrung financially in comparison and are reacting with horrifying slowness to the challenge.

Soon all that will be left will be our history, which they will be chipping away at, trophy wise.

Yep

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Jethro

Sadly I've been involved in some of the building work so have known of their plans for a good while. Fair play to them in some ways as the surroundings area is a complete shambles.

United fans shouldn't take it personally though. We may be in for some barren years but we're still Manchester United and even Moyes can't £#%&! that up. They're not going to clean up like everyone thinks they will

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:24 PM
HarkNowHear

There's only one United and that's a chocolate biscuit

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:26 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Sadly I've been involved in some of the building work so have known of their plans for a good while. Fair play to them in some ways as the surroundings area is a complete shambles.

United fans shouldn't take it personally though. We may be in for some barren years but we're still Manchester United and even Moyes can't £#%&! that up. They're not going to clean up like everyone thinks they will
We're still Manchester United so its all alright?

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Obviously the best way to keep them in their place is on the field.

Can't afford to allow our standards to slip as we are doing. The least we could do is start with an exciting team.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:34 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
United are £#%&!ed mate.

Even if we didn't have the debt to deal with, Utd still wouldn't care that much about local area or the people in it
They are more interested in finding new markets around the world to milk

At the very top of the club we need a clear out and I'm not just talking about the glazers
Ideally we would have a supporter owned club that would mean the people running the club would have to care about the local area and local match going fans as those are the ones who would be voting them in or re-electing them

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:35 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Had cause to be up at the new city training centre at east lands today which is due to be open in July ish.

Hugely depressing in short. Unbelievable facilities and a staggering amount of investment in Manchester. Whilst we're tying up £#%&!ing hand creams in Thailand, these £#%&!ers are investing in what will be an unrivalled training and academy facility in the city the club sits.

On top of which, my youngest who is five has just been invited down to train with city (alongside his team mates - they are unbelievably good for their age). Wtf? Where are united? Radcliffe borough is literally 6/7 miles from carrington.

I say this because I honestly feel that united have to up their game, certainly in Manchester.

The owners are investing 1 billion in the city area of Manchester , facilities apartments etc good for Manchester,

Shame united aren't doing the same in Salford ..

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
They've built on the foundation that United originally put down in a way. Worldwide people with a passing interest will start to think that City are the Manchester club with the history soon enough.
It's reasonably clear to most that they bought city at least in part because you'd established "Manchester" as an international football brand. The law of unintended consequences and that.

We'll never usurp you for significance or history in the minds of international fans (or anyone else), but just being a Manhester club gives us some automatic recognition that it would be much harder to develop if the arabs had bought, say, Everton or Aston Villa. That'll only grow if we win more stuff - though I reckon you staying strong (as I still think you will) would also help.

Depressing commercial anti-football shite but you've only got Martin Edwards and co. to blame.

It'll take a generation at least for us to build our matchgoing support up though - stands to reason that in a city the size of Manchester, there aren't going to be 40,000 - 50,000 people who all of a sudden can afford to go to 30 games a season when you're getting 75,000 (or whatever) for another 30.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:39 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
The owners are investing 1 billion in the city area of Manchester , facilities apartments etc good for Manchester,

£#%&! off blue @#%&!

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

bravo city

well done on getting rid of the athletics facilities after the commonwealth games

well done for getting £20m off the council to do that

well done for your compulsory purchase orders

and well done on your five hundred million pound passport to the top table from absolutely £#%&!ing nowhere

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
bravo city

well done on getting rid of the athletics facilities after the commonwealth games

and well done on your five hundred million pound passport to the top table from absolutely £#%&!ing nowhere
I don't think anybody - even you - seriously cares about the running track (there's still a nice mini stadium) or buying a couple of forecourts/yards in an area that is/was a complete dump.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe

Being pedantic why would Utd invest in Salford when they're based in Trafford

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
bravo city

How they've got there is complete £#%&!ing %@#$&!s and there is absolutely no achievement in anything they've done. But they've done it.

United on the other hand seem to have a really blazè view on City and not reacted at all.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint
I don't think anybody - even you - seriously cares about the running track (there's still a nice mini stadium) or buying a couple of forecourts/yards in an area that is/was a complete dump.
a world class athletics stadium should have been the legacy of the commonwealth games and benefits the entire north west

and i object on general principle to all compulsory purchase orders, with the exception of genuine environmental concerns
Closed Thread