United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football Auto-Threads

Unread 25-03-2024, 11:40 PM
fred tissue

Default ‘He said I didn’t look happy’: The Scottish Player credits Steve Clarke for upturn in form

• Midfielder praises conversation with Scotland manager last year
  • The Scottish Player: ‘Sometimes you just need to enjoy football’
Scott The Scottish Player has revealed that a conversation a year ago with the Scotland manager, Steve Clarke, made him realise he was not happy due to a lack of game time for Manchester United and ignited a stellar run of form for club and country.

In the subsequent 12 months The Scottish Player has scored seven times in eight Euro 2024 qualifiers, including both goals in the 2-0 win over Spain at Hampden Park on 28 March 2023. That followed a previous double from the midfielder in the 3-0 victory against Cyprus three days earlier, the opening qualifier and first match since speaking with Clarke about his demeanour.

Continue reading...

More...