United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (3RD PLACE PLAY OFF) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
Got £5 on at 55/1
Pisses on my chips, happy with my little win tonight though

Unread 10-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Rhodzy

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (3RD PLACE PLAY OFF) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Muller Absurd he isn't up for the main award.

Unread 11-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Tiberian

Diego may not be the player of the tournament, but he has been the man of this world cup, and it is not even close. 5 Goals, 4 long rangers and a pen. Hero.

Will finally get the credit he deserves, twice European golden boot, peerless two footed shooting ability from range, but still the British media always act surprised at how good he actually is, one of the best strikers in the world for at least 5 years now.

Unread 11-07-2010, 12:20 AM
red in cumbria

Indeed, Tiberian.

Even tonight, the pundits couldn't resist little digs about how he "flopped" at United. £#%&!ers

Unread 11-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Indeed, Tiberian.

Even tonight, the pundits couldn't resist little digs about how he "flopped" at United. £#%&!ers
Just exposes their complacency and ignorance about the game outside of the premier league. I know it is a repeated point but the general quality of punditry at this world cup has been dire. Co- Commentator tonight not knowing that Forlan was naturally right footed, had he actually watched any of this tournament, watched Diego take all the set pieces with his right, including a penalty. Just awful.

Any research into his career after Utd shows a consistent excellence, his form in this tournament is not a flash in the pan, it is representative of the player he is and has been for a long time.

Unread 11-07-2010, 12:59 AM
red in cumbria

Let's not forget that said co-commentator was Craig Burley.......

Even by the rock-bottom standards of said "profession", the dregs of the dregs

Unread 11-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
peerless two footed shooting ability from range, .
been saing that a while, best distance shooter in the world for me, left foot right foot, same threat, crazy! Tries it for Atletico time and time again and nearly always forces a parried save.

Unread 11-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
been saing that a while, best distance shooter in the world for me, left foot right foot, same threat, crazy! Tries it for Atletico time and time again and nearly always forces a parried save.
Jabulani didn't trouble him much, either.

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:21 AM
dunk

Love Diego, hate everybody else

Unread 11-07-2010, 12:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Love Diego, hate everybody else
Such a shame that volley against Leverkusen never went in, innit

Unread 11-07-2010, 12:02 PM
History

Quote:
Still £#%&!ing annoys me

Unread 11-07-2010, 03:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Yeah, thanks for bringing that up:shakehead:

Unread 11-07-2010, 03:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yeah, thanks for bringing that up:shakehead:
Sorry, couldn't help it

It really is one of the great "what if......??" moments in our recent history.

Unread 11-07-2010, 03:58 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Sorry, couldn't help it

It really is one of the great "what if......??" moments in our recent history.
It really is.
We should have played in that Glasgow Final. Shameful that we let an inferior team put us out...again.
We have no joy against German sides whatsoever (apart from a one off occasion that I seem to recall)

Unread 11-07-2010, 04:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It really is.
We should have played in that Glasgow Final. Shameful that we let an inferior team put us out...again.
We have no joy against German sides whatsoever (apart from a one off occasion that I seem to recall)
Not just that aspect of it, of course - but also that it might have "made" Diego as a United player

Unread 11-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Switching Off

You pair are as depressing as £#%&!

Unread 11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
You pair are as depressing as £#%&!
What, moi?? I'm generally a jolly soul - spend quite a lot of time here trying to cheer the likes of MJ up
Closed Thread