United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-02-2010, 05:54 PM
borsuk

Default Re: match thread: carling cup final, manchester united vs aston villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Today's a one off game. I'm talking generally. Having said that, despite being superb I see it's Rooney and the 'shit Welsh midget' who have scored. I know you're a big fan of Berbatov, how many goals per season and how many games do you need him to influence to be worthy of such high praise? Surely you must admit he's been a bad signing.
he's been disappointing, nqat. not enough games like today. you can see what he can offer, though, and how he could fit in. i'm still hopeful for next season, especially if he gets his injury sorted properly.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
agree both have been tremendous. valencia surely motm though.
Not for me, played very well, but Carrick has dictated the whole game, and Park took it to them throughout.

Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Who set the second up
Learn to £#%&!ing read idiot. Go back and read the first 2 sentences of my post.

Unread 28-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Switching Off

Its the yellow and green scarves that are waving accoridng to the Beeb

Unread 28-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
he's been disappointing, nqat. not enough games like today. you can see what he can offer, though, and how he could fit in. i'm still hopeful for next season, especially if he gets his injury sorted properly.
I was the same with Veron. On his day he was untouchable but those days were far too rare to justify a starting place.

Unread 28-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Liu Jian

Fletcher, Berbs and Valencia were all excellent today.

Valencia man-of-the-match for me.

Unread 28-02-2010, 05:57 PM
borsuk

carrick was exceptional, i agree. couldn't believe he was getting slagged off but then it was the same bloke who posted the 'time to get rid of carrick' thread the other week so...

Unread 28-02-2010, 05:58 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Learn to £#%&!ing read idiot. Go back and read the first 2 sentences of my post.
I was refering to ther bad signing quote. You dont have to score the goals to be a worthy signing. His overall link play is superb.

Unread 28-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
carrick was exceptional, i agree. couldn't believe he was getting slagged off but then it was the same bloke who posted the 'time to get rid of carrick' thread the other week so...
Exceptional? Calm down dear, he wasn't great in the first-half. Stop whining and enjoy the moment.

Unread 28-02-2010, 05:59 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Apparently Big Blackie (The LUHG flag) has made an appearance as well.

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Switching Off

Owen: "Its my first injury since i've been at United"

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

The BBC coverage is slightly odd, i just watched Nemanja Vidic giving an on the pitch interview, then whilst he was talking they cut to on the field goings on, where Nemanja Vidic was shown talking to Ferguson. Do we have 2 Vidics?

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
I was refering to ther bad signing quote. You dont have to score the goals to be a worthy signing. His overall link play is superb.
Oh right so we paid £30M for him and he's underperformed for plenty of his time here but you think he's been a good signing? He's no better than last season when we were told he was under-performing because he didn't have a pre-season with United. Also, you're using the fact he set up a goal today as justification that he's been a good signing?

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Owen: "Its my first injury since i've been at United"
I wonder why Rooney was dropped? Lineker at half time said it was because he had the flu, Rooneys just told the beeb its because he had a sore knee.

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:02 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
The BBC coverage is slightly odd, i just watched Nemanja Vidic giving an on the pitch interview, then whilst he was talking they cut to on the field goings on, where Nemanja Vidic was shown talking to Ferguson. Do we have 2 Vidics?
I noticed that

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:03 PM
hopkins

bloke with the green and gold scarf should have given it to a united player

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Vidic bends time

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Liu Jian

Great to see Evra lead us up the steps.

Think I preferred the on-field presentation though .

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:05 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Oh right so we paid £30M for him and he's underperformed for plenty of his time here but you think he's been a good signing? He's no better than last season when we were told he was under-performing because he didn't have a pre-season with United. Also, you're using the fact he set up a goal today as justification that he's been a good signing?
Not just today, one of many he has set up. Personally I think he is a great player but its easy to look at the negatives when you think negative most of the time.

Unread 28-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Terry Silver

What the £#%&! was that shite music all about?

Bent as £#%&!.