United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2016, 12:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's a slightly more advanced version of what Van Gaal was doing here and getting absolutely panned for it. Which to be fair he deserved because he lost a lot of football matches. Guardiola is employing similar strategies but it's being executed by Aguero, De Bruyne, David Silva and several other quality footballers. I'd love to see him try and implement it with Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Fellaini.
Van Gaal was aiming for it, I didn't like it before he arrived and I convinced myself to accept it and support the man because that's where football seems to be heading atm. But it's £#%&!ing shit. 80 minutes of tedium, 8 minutes of pressure, 2 minutes of worthwhile football is essentially what he's after. If he could be 2-0 after a flying first 15 and just pass out the rest of the game, everyweek, he'd be delighted.

Sadly I don't think too many managers want to watch an actual contest, a good game of football, as Fergie so often seemed to, these days. Probably only that @#%&! Klopp and possibly Pochettino of the top 6-8 in this country..

Unread 23-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Van Gaal was aiming for it, I didn't like it before he arrived and I convinced myself to accept it and support the man because that's where football seems to be heading atm. But it's £#%&!ing shit. 80 minutes of tedium, 8 minutes of pressure, 2 minutes of worthwhile football is essentially what he's after. If he could be 2-0 after a flying first 15 and just pass out the rest of the game, everyweek, he'd be delighted.

Sadly I don't think too many managers want to watch an actual contest, a good game of football, as Fergie so often seemed to these days. Probably only that @#%&! Klopp and possibly Pochettino of the top 6-8 in this country..
Not really. Another of these 'high press' teams who try and win the ball then just foul you if you get past their first wave of it. The amount of cynical fouls Spurs did on Bournemouth yesterday was a joke.

Unread 23-10-2016, 01:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not really. Another of these 'high press' teams who try and win the ball then just foul you if you get past their first wave of it. The amount of cynical fouls Spurs did on Bournemouth yesterday was a joke.
Didn't see it so can't comment, was just based on them seemingly being involved in a fair few open games and utilising the counter attack, so allowing teams into the game rather than smothering the life out of them.

The high press can be separated from the shit Spain and Peo attempt, forcing mistakes high up the pitch is far from a new idea.

Unread 23-10-2016, 03:19 PM
red in cumbria

Imagine their reaction if we had been gubbed 4-0 in Europe during the week FFS

Unread 24-10-2016, 09:11 AM
andyroo

Imagine their reaction now we have actually been gubbed 4-0.

Unread 24-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

£#%&!ing Riccers cursing the shit out the place.

Unread 24-10-2016, 10:54 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes

£#%&!ing Riccers cursing the shit out the place.

Unread 24-10-2016, 11:00 AM
dragflick

Quote:
yhbr.

Unread 24-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Sparky***

One manager loses at his old club 4-0 and headlines like "humiliation" and "disgrace" are being thrown about.

Another manager loses 4-0 at his old club and it's "they controlled the game" etc etc.

Spot the difference.

Unread 24-10-2016, 12:04 PM
sa7

Quote:
One manager loses at his old club 4-0 and headlines like "humiliation" and "disgrace" are being thrown about.

Another manager loses 4-0 at his old club and it's "they controlled the game" etc etc.

Spot the difference.
One of them is correct

Unread 24-10-2016, 12:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Spot the difference.
The difference is that we, Manchester United, are bad. Really really £#%&!ing bad. They're a bunch of nobodies that's never been any better.

Unread 24-10-2016, 03:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The difference is that we, Manchester United, are bad. Really really £#%&!ing bad. They're a bunch of nobodies that's never been any better.
Try telling Sunday Supplement that

Pep is REDEFINING FOOTBALL, don't you know?

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Pop

Amongst the usual selection of fat scruffy bastards, hungover alcoholics and child molesters, they had a dinner lady on the panel this morning.

"He's beginning to look like an old-school manager," says The Times' resident split-arse Alison Rudd. "He's suddenly looking quite old because you've got young managers like Pochettino and Klopp who have refreshed the way football is played in the Premier League and what they demand from their players."

"He can only win ugly," said The Sun's Antony Kastrinakis as he furiously £#%&!d to a video of Sia's 'Chandelier' on his smart-phone. "He can never win the Pep [Guardiola] way or the Klopp way. That's his nature. "I'll have another gin when you are ready Alison love".

"His behaviour was worse at Chelsea [when United lost 4-0]. What Mourinho couldn't take was that [Antonio] Conte took the same players that he had last season, and gave them a lesson in football."

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...pplement-panel

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Billy Redface

I love this assumption that Klopp is just better now because of a good start ten games in.

All the usual clichés. Can only win ugly, bad behaviour etc etc

Watch the games, #@&%!s.

£#%&! them all.

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
"old school"

He won the league 18 months ago.
And the current champions manager is 65.

Stupid slag.

Unread 30-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
And the current champions manager is 65.

Stupid slag.
This... In the world of high pressing or possession football the league champions play very direct, surrender possession and use the pace of their strikers. Silly @#%&!.

Unread 30-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Switching Off

Yeah that Greek #@&%! was saying Conte is managing to get something out of the same players Mourinho couldn't get anything out of. No mention that Mourinho won the league with them

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:02 PM
red in cumbria

Why do any of you watch it FFS??

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:25 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Why do any of you watch it FFS??
So we can mock it you £#%&!ing melt

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote: