United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2016, 01:12 PM
djsst

Quote:
Jose Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from beating Liverpool - because they are 'nothing special'
Quote:
“For me, playing Liverpool is just to play against a big club.

“In Madrid, I wanted to play against Barcelona and I wanted to play against Atletico and against Valencia.

“In Inter, I wanted to play against Milan, against Juventus, against Roma. In Chelsea, I wanted to play against Man United, against Liverpool, against Arsenal, against all the big clubs in the country.

“And now at Man United it is the same so I love to play against the big opponents - and Liverpool is a big opponent.

“I celebrated in 2014 because of what happened before that match.

“Chelsea had a Champions League semi-final to play and we wanted to play Liverpool on the Saturday because the Champions League was on the Tuesday.

“What happened was that we had to play on the Sunday, when Atletico Madrid were playing on the Friday. So we felt that match was set-up for Liverpool to be *champions. In fact we went there with the players that were not playing against Atletico, because we had no chance of the title.

“Everybody was waiting for something different than what actually happened.”

“It is not for me to say that they are or they are not title contenders. I think you have to ask them.”

It was a jibe that would have been felt at the other end of the East Lancs Road, where Liverpool have been bracing themselves for the Portuguese’s mind games and he has also cranked up the pressure on referee Anthony Taylor.
SIMON MULLOCK
Chief Football Writer for the Sunday Mirror

Where is the jibe ?

Unread 16-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
SIMON MULLOCK

Where is the jibe ?
There isn't one.

Unread 16-10-2016, 01:25 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
SIMON MULLOCK

Where is the jibe ?
Bournemouth

Unread 16-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Pop

Another £#%&!ing @#%&!...

Quote:
The FA should look into Jose Mourinho's comments about Anthony Taylor refereeing the Liverpool v Manchester United clash on Monday, says the Daily Telegraph's Jeremy Wilson.

"The FA should look at what Mourinho said. I noticed in his remarks that he caveated it with 'I won't say too much because I'll get charged', but he knows exactly what the rules are," said Wilson.

"You're not supposed to talk about referees before the game. After the game, you shouldn't question their partiality. He got fined several times at Chelsea.

"You can say that the referee had a bad game or that he is useless, you just can't imply that they're somehow biased.

"You have to wonder that what Mourinho really wants to do is to create pressure on the referee and to influence what's going to happen.

"It's easy to not answer a question about the referee. It's not that hard to avoid the FA sanction and I think Mourinho knows what he can and can't say.

"We're all newspaper people and get great headlines, but basically by answering the question Mourinho has three back pages about Taylor, which wouldn't have happened if he dodged that question."
Or if you lot hadn't made it back page news for the last week whilst sidestepping the fact it was the murderers who started whinging about it from the off you £#%&!ing weasel.

Unread 16-10-2016, 05:53 PM
red in cumbria

Hopefully our manager feeds on their hatred

Unread 16-10-2016, 05:57 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Remember when it changed to Sunday Supplement and the @#%&!s keep having bantz about how they were in Jimmy Hill's kitchen and some shit about eating his croissants.

£#%&!ing @#%&!s
Correct. That joke lasted a full £#%&!ing season.

Preferred Hold The Back Page. Was on a friday night in a darkened room around a table.

Looking at it now, they were going for the newsnight look.

Unread 23-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Red Al

Jose

Used to be great but now a bit sour and angry with the world

Unread 23-10-2016, 09:45 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Jose

Used to be great but now a bit sour and angry with the world

He is tho isn't he? I reckon he is pissed off with the press constantly blowing smoke up Pep/Klopps arse and yet everything they say about Jose is negative despite his record in the Prem. He is trying to create a feeling in the club that the old "the world is against us" that Ferie mastered..

Unread 23-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
He is tho isn't he? I reckon he is pissed off with the press constantly blowing smoke up Pep/Klopps arse and yet everything they say about Jose is negative despite his record in the Prem. He is trying to create a feeling in the club that the old "the world is against us" that Ferie mastered..
This

Unread 23-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Absolootly corrrrect👍

Unread 23-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Pop

Unread 23-10-2016, 10:25 AM
Switching Off

Proper ABUS today

Custis just said:

Quote:
Mourinho had Moses and didn't know what to do with him. Conte has come in, realised that he's a good player and played him at wing back. If you're a world class coach you can do that; Conte has done that.

Unread 23-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Mr_Ed

This the victor Moses who went on loan to 3 other clubs and only started half the games?

Unread 23-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
This the victor Moses who went on loan to 3 other clubs and only started half the games?
Yeah that one. Probably always had the ability but Jose is such a shit manager that he never saw it, and set his career back 3 years, even though he wasn't there for most of it. Good job Conte has spotted it.

Unread 23-10-2016, 10:49 AM
waynes ear's

Ooooh theres piss simmering in the press

Unread 23-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Pop

Slurp, slurp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...at-liners.html

Unread 23-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Jethro

Wonder why they're not tonguing his arse hole anymore? Oh, yeah

Steal a living hypocritical @#%&!s. Every single one of them

Unread 23-10-2016, 11:13 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Bet ears will be busy on @#%&!ter this aft
Just read the headline and getting on it now

Unread 23-10-2016, 12:11 PM
dunk

This is where these dicks prove they know nowt. Pep's ideal is as safety £#%&!ing first as it £#%&!ing gets. The whole idea is to dominate the ball and territory so much that the opposition can't get out and ever muster an attack, meaning they are never under any threat whatsoever and when they get it right, it's boring as £#%&!.

Unread 23-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This is where these dicks prove they know nowt. Pep's ideal is as safety £#%&!ing first as it £#%&!ing gets. The whole idea is to dominate the ball and territory so much that the opposition can't get out and ever muster an attack, meaning they are never under any threat whatsoever and when they get it right, it's boring as £#%&!.
It's a slightly more advanced version of what Van Gaal was doing here and getting absolutely panned for it. Which to be fair he deserved because he lost a lot of football matches. Guardiola is employing similar strategies but it's being executed by Aguero, De Bruyne, David Silva and several other quality footballers. I'd love to see him try and implement it with Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Fellaini.
Closed Thread