United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I keep seeing this 'someone is due a dicking from United, hope it's soon' sentiment posted. Why?

All a big win would do is paper over the cracks of the schoolboy levels of organisation and tactics that are currently at the root of these continual slipshod performances.

This season will be like the last season with no assistant - a shambles. The manager is far too arrogant to admit to himself that he's clueless tactically and it will take a whole season of results like those we are currently seeing for anything to change.
do you cut yourself at night?

Unread 09-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

this time last season (11 games) we had 26pts and were just about to play our first away game against the big 4

we have now played all 3 of the big 4 aways, have 21pts, we've had Scholes out for most of the season, Hargreaves ditto, Carrick only just back, Ronaldo getting back from the first serious injury of his career, and Berbatov bedding into the attack, an attack which has often been spectacular btw

it's no fun seeing the problems with form and fitness we're having at the back true enough. but by the same token it's not a great surprise that the defence isn't always getting the midfield protection (and respite) it needs. you can't always get away with a scrambling defence, especially when the entire league is charged with stopping 3-in-a-row and taking the scalp of the Champions of Europe.

Unread 09-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I keep seeing this 'someone is due a dicking from United, hope it's soon' sentiment posted. Why?

All a big win would do is paper over the cracks of the schoolboy levels of organisation and tactics that are currently at the root of these continual slipshod performances.

This season will be like the last season with no assistant - a shambles. The manager is far too arrogant to admit to himself that he's clueless tactically and it will take a whole season of results like those we are currently seeing for anything to change.
somebody ban this #@&%!

Unread 09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
do you cut yourself at night?

Unread 09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Really didn't enjoy yesterday - so frustrating. I thought it was a shit game of football between two disorganised teams flattering to deceive. Maureen's chelsea would've walked the league this season.
Agree 100%.

There are few times I'm less than enamoured with Utd but we certainly seem to follow major success with a little period of hubris. It's the only occasion when you can see the ABUs point.

I can't believe that after the noted issue with players following on from the treble season with less hunger than before that we've hit the same wall this year.

I would say VDS, Anderson, Ronaldo are noticeably not at the same level they were last season.

Unread 09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

I would say VDS, Anderson, Ronaldo are noticeably not at the same level they were last season.
what about Brown, Carrick, Scholes and Hargreaves?

Unread 09-11-2008, 07:16 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what about Brown, Carrick, Scholes and Hargreaves?
Scholes is at the same level he was last year, motwyw.

Hargreaves is injured. Carrick has missed much of the season so far.

Yes, I guess Brown would have to join that list as well.

Unread 09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Brilliant then

Unread 09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
took us to Moscow.

Unread 09-11-2008, 07:22 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Brilliant then
Oh totally feen.

Unread 09-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Oh totally feen.
Ha. Wow. You're so kooky.

Unread 09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Stickman

What worries me is that I think the issue could be hunger. Yes the squad is young and we certainly have enough 'winners' in our squad to be near unstoppable on every game we set out to win but what other explanation is there?

Are we too lightweight away from home playing 4-4-2?

Are the majority of the team satisified with last seasons glory and not really up for pushing on and doing it all again?

somethings definately up.

Unread 09-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Smeggs

keep the faith mc

we have created so many chances over the past 2 'tests' and should have won at celtic and got a point yesterday at the very least. i still love watching us play but all in we play some of the most exciting football in europe. we are the champions of england and europe.

Unread 09-11-2008, 09:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
keep the faith mc

we have created so many chances over the past 2 'tests' and should have won at celtic and got a point yesterday at the very least. i still love watching us play but all in we play some of the most exciting football in europe. we are the champions of england and europe.
That's my point exactly though, that's why I'm so £#%&!ed off.I'd rather us lost at Pompey than at Liverpool.Liverpool are top of the table and should have got a £#%&!ing from us, we're so much better.

Ditto Arsenal who now get a boos as well as a renewed media £#%&!athon.Chelsea should have got it too.These teams will be in the mix and we should have done them all.

Unread 10-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Tumescent Throb

why does it always have to be so polemic ffs

we're champions of England and champions of Europe

we are THE biggest scalp in world football right now and every team we play is going to want to do us more than anything else

there is a very good reason why so many brilliant teams have not managed 3-in-a-row or defended the European Cup - it gets more and more difficult to keep winning

look at United in 2001; look at the last month of that season - an absolute £#%&!ing nightmare for the most part. 7 years later and there are now 3 other teams good enough to win the league, compared to back then only one - at best. strangely this could actually end up helping United, assuming they all take points off each other and we don't lose any of the return fixtures.

whatever, this is going to the wire and i hope and expect United to smack bang in the mix come spring. if that means both competitions then it's going to be another fantastic emotion-charged season

Unread 10-11-2008, 12:48 AM
les vagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
Classic

74 was fun! Of course we got to do this in 75/76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87hxWQIuYx4
that is quality!!

Unread 10-11-2008, 03:49 AM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Every couple of weeks, I feel like killing myself and have to stay away from various forms of the media because of our results.

Liverpool and Arsenal both should have been handsomely £#%&!ed by us.Not to mention £#%&!ing Newcastle, Everton, Celtic etc.The Scouse are top of the table Arsenal have had a big confidence boost (even though they'll be nowhere near at the end of the season) when we could have put Wengers job on the line and sent the @#%&!s into a mental breakdown and the last few minutes at Chelsea when we let the @#%&!s score. Instead, it's the Vermin that go and £#%&! Chelsea's record up.

No Hargreaves, Carricks been away, no Scholes, Gary Neville is finished, Fergusons bizarre substitutions.When will we start battering @#%&!s?

no wum.
Thought I was the only one that took it this hard I've even been avoiding this place for a few days

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

£#%&! off with your 442 tbh
I hate it. Sticking Ronaldo on the wing like that is a waste of his ability add to that the fact that he doesn't track back and we're open as £#%&!. £#%&! off.

Unread 10-11-2008, 10:20 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
£#%&! off with your 442 tbh
I hate it. Sticking Ronaldo on the wing like that is a waste of his ability add to that the fact that he doesn't track back and we're open as £#%&!. £#%&! off.
Who?

Unread 10-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Who?
Whoever came up with the decision to reintroduce it.

Why change something that isn't broken? Infact, was actually quite £#%&!ing succesfull?
Closed Thread