United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Bunker Buster

i think we should sell him.............

Unread 09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

3 o'clock, the game has barely finished and people are itching to get on to slag off one of our players.

Brilliant.

Unread 09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
3 o'clock, the game has barely finished and people are itching to get on to slag off one of our players.

Brilliant.
just expressing an opinion, carrick.

or are we not allowed to do that if the opinion isn't positive?

Unread 09-11-2008, 10:58 AM
keano's love

what a comedy thread

If rooney had finished that sitter of a chance, we would be praising the vision of berbatov to play ronaldo in who in turn set up the chance on the plate for rooney.

Its just our bad luck that we are stuck with 2 strikers who don't know how to score alongside berbatov. I am talking about rooney and tevez for any that couldn't figure out.

Hopefully welbeck is the one we are crying out for.

Unread 09-11-2008, 11:47 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
what a comedy thread

If rooney had finished that sitter of a chance, we would be praising the vision of berbatov to play ronaldo in who in turn set up the chance on the plate for rooney.

Its just our bad luck that we are stuck with 2 strikers who don't know how to score alongside berbatov. I am talking about rooney and tevez for any that couldn't figure out.

bit harsh on tevez considering hes played about 4 minutes with berbie

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
what a comedy thread

completely agree. welbeck > rooney and tevez.

jesus £#%&!ing wept.

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Laughable. Berbatov could learn a bit about hard work from both of them. And despite both of them being younger than him they've won more than him so he's the one who needs to learn a thing or two about playing for United.
so in your esteemed opinion, the fact that Berbatov - a recent signing - still needs to learn a thing or two about playing for United is more significant than the potential for Rooney and Tevez to learn from Berbatov's movement and nous

okay #@&%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i agree with most of that except i think we need a 4th striker and to be honest i don't care how many games each one gets as long as we're winning games and the dressingroom in in order.

no odd socks
i agree, although Ronaldo is lethal through the middle, and that it will ultimately prove to be his combination with Berbatov that is key imo (meaning whether or not it materialises to anything like the quality and understanding i would hope)

as for odd socks, yep very true

the thing is that Ferguson fancied Berbatov and has now got his man. Rooney (on a permanent deal) has had first crack at a partnership. Tevez will no doubt get his chances as well, but while he's still on loan it makes total business sense to wait and see whether any chemistry develops and how Tevez will take to most likely being 3rd pick. if the answers are underwhelming, then United do not need to tout for a transfer fee which will ultimately save a lot of £#%&!ing around haggling with the likes of Real again. and if the answers are positive, then the permanent contract will probably be signed.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ghlight=monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

jesus £#%&!ing wept.
:-)

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
keano's love

Quote:

jesus £#%&!ing wept.
did I say that? I hoped he would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
bit harsh on tevez considering hes played about 4 minutes with berbie
considering that he has been shit everytime I have seen him this season ( 3 starts and dunno how many sub appearances ) its not that harsh.

apart from 10 minutes in that liverpool match, he hasn't looked like scoring.

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

considering that he has been shit everytime I have seen him this season ( 3 starts and dunno how many sub appearances ) its not that harsh.

£#%&!ing hell

How do you think this shit up?

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
puressence

Quote:

are you pissed

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
are you pissed
Tried to get an appointment with Lou (your avatar) pure for an extension of a back tat, he was taking bookings for May!

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

It's like the shite spouted about Carrick when he first joined, some people will never learn :shakehead:

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
It's like the shite spouted about Carrick when he first joined, some people will never learn :shakehead:
too right.

i think we should all bury our heads in the sand and not talk about problems/potential problems on here because some people slagged off vidic/evra/carrick and turned out to be wrong.

i look forward to be being proved wrong re berba, but atm, he hasn't done enough for me, especially in the big games when we need him most.

apologies if that offends his fanboys.

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
too right.

i think we should all bury our heads in the sand and not talk about problems/potential problems on here because some people slagged off vidic/evra/carrick and turned out to be wrong.

i look forward to be being proved wrong re berba, but atm, he hasn't done enough for me, especially in the big games when we need him most.

apologies if that offends his fanboys.
in the corresponding fixtures last season United scored 4 goals and let in 4.

Quote:
i look forward to be being proved wrong re berba, but atm, he hasn't done enough for me
but Jack, surely only you can decide whether or not he's done enough for you

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

He seems to be the convenient scapegoat.

He's a big game player. Just look at his performances against us, Chelsea and Arsenal for Tottenham.

Even in the big games for us he has had an influence already; maybe not a great one, but he is showing signs of his quality.

You've got to remember we've played very poorly as a team, especially against Liverpool and Arsenal, so it's unfair to single one player out.

Judge him after 20 games, not 8.

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

that's fair comment.

i just think that his inclusion in the team means we are less of a threat than we were last season, which is madness considering the attacking players we have at the club.

i'm a united fan and i genuinely hope berbatov becomes a success. but i have been underwhelmed by him so far, especially when you consider that he has played in the premiership before.

one other thing that pisses me off is that since liverpool, fergie has said that it was a mistake to include rooney, berbatov, ronaldo and tevez in the same team. i still think that could be an option, especially in home games.

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Whalefish

Without wanting to get shot down, I always felt Ronaldo's goals masked a crack in terms of our attacking threat last season. Tevez scored a lot of important goals and played well but I don't think he and Rooney linked up that well. Not over the course of the season anyway. Most games I would come away wondering if it was going to work and always thought an alternative was needed to really get the best out of Wayne or Carlos.

What I thought we were getting from Berbatov is a player capable of leading the line, that doesn't appear to be the case. Which is fine although I would have preferred a more traditional number 9. So if we're needing another striker to lead the line it has to be Wayne. Tevez just can't do that job. There are signs of the two developing a very good understanding but I do think Berbatov will have to adjust his game slightly and put in some more work further forwards and look more of a goal threat.

I think.

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

i just think that his inclusion in the team means we are less of a threat than we were last season, which is madness considering the attacking players we have at the club.
i don't get that at all

United have been rampant for spells in most of the games this season

the problem has been about going into cruise mode, which has lately led to a few rude awakenings

and as ever it's been about missing chance after chance

we've scored the same number of goals (or more) at the start of this season as we did at the start of last season

Unread 09-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
one other thing that pisses me off is that since liverpool, fergie has said that it was a mistake to include rooney, berbatov, ronaldo and tevez in the same team. i still think that could be an option, especially in home games.

I disagree, tbh. It didn't work at Blackburn and it almost cost us 2 points against Hull imo.

The balance just isn't there.

(Ronaldo didn't play against Liverpool but I know what you mean)

Unread 09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Without wanting to get shot down, I always felt Ronaldo's goals masked a crack in terms of our attacking threat last season. Tevez scored a lot of important goals and played well but I don't think he and Rooney linked up that well. Not over the course of the season anyway. Most games I would come away wondering if it was going to work and always thought an alternative was needed to really get the best out of Wayne or Carlos.

What I thought we were getting from Berbatov is a player capable of leading the line, that doesn't appear to be the case. Which is fine although I would have preferred a more traditional number 9. So if we're needing another striker to lead the line it has to be Wayne. Tevez just can't do that job. There are signs of the two developing a very good understanding but I do think Berbatov will have to adjust his game slightly and put in some more work further forwards and look more of a goal threat.

I think.
Spot on again.

This is why his lazyness winds me up, because it appears that he can't be arsed to lead the line and never busts a %@#$&! running the channels.

I thought he was a no.9 with a bit more to his game to boot. Now either he is, and michel tactico geniuso phelano has told him to play deep, continuing this #@&%!ed idea that Rooney is a good no.9 and finisher (he's not), or Berbatov is just a bone idle @#%&!.
Closed Thread