United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:39 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Did he have a big budget at Porto? Just asking as I honestly have no idea.

I'll tell you one thing I like about him, and that's his apparent love for Fergie.

He's a complete @#%&!, agreed, but he leads the pack for me. Larry White is not as daft an idea as some are making out, I think some egg might be on some faces after Euro 2012.

Moyes though, sorry but no. I like the guy, but have you seen the table recently? And a complete absence of European experience rules him out straigth away imo.
No, but I can't see him doing without a big budget now

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:41 PM
andyroo

It may have been a small budget by CL standards but it was pretty high for the Portuguese league.

At any rate he'd soon see his arse over the debt-related restraints at OT. But that might be a good thing.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:42 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Agreed. But I enjoy reading borsuk’s rather desperate attempts to find reasons why he shouldn’t. Always seems to come down to ‘he’s a @#%&!’. Maybe, but so is our highest earning player, don’t see anyone arguing he should be £#%&!ed off for similar reasons..
I am actually.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Moyes though, sorry but no. I like the guy, but have you seen the table recently? And a complete absence of European experience rules him out straigth away imo.
actually agree with this unless he does something in that regard in the next few years.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:55 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I am actually.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
You just know his name will be mentioned when the time comes. Despite not having done anything of real note since leaving Leicester. Yes, Leicester. Winning the League Cup once (or twice). Wow, just wow. Winning things in Scotland doesn't count - it's a piece of piss up there. Even John Barnes won them the league.
Erm, are you absolutely sure about this??

I don't think M O'N is right for us (the Vermin might do worse than him though) but there is no getting away from the fact that his achievements at Celtic were impressive.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:18 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Erm, are you absolutely sure about this??
We established two pages back I was wrong.

Keep up son.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:22 PM
red in cumbria

Koppas wrong - now there's a novelty

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
We established two pages back I was wrong.

Keep up son.
You're still wrong tbf.

Standard innit.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:28 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
You're still wrong tbf.

Standard innit.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:34 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
This.

He'll do 3 seasons at Real absolute max youd imagine. Then wheres he gonna go?
3 seasons at united before he £#%&!s off leaving a squad of 30-something foreigners and £#%&! all youngsters coming through?

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
3 seasons at united before he £#%&!s off leaving a squad of 30-something foreigners and £#%&! all youngsters coming through...
...2 CL titles, couple of league titles etc etc

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:41 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
...2 CL titles, couple of league titles etc etc
serious question: if you could have maureen acting the @#%&! for 3 years and win, say, a champions league and two league titles but also have a squad with a bunch of foreign players in their 30s and a neglected youth system (all of which are fairly consistent traits of the man), would you take it?

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:43 PM
koppas

Quote:
serious question: if you could have maureen acting the @#%&! for 3 years and win, say, a champions league and two league titles but also have a squad with a bunch of foreign players in their 30s and a neglected youth system (all of which are fairly consistent traits of the man), would you take it?
In a heartbeat.

Winning > not winning.

Our 'youth system' is £#%&!ing gash and there are no players who are gonna be top players.

Oh, except Cleverley, Pogba and Eikrem.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Fair few assumptions in there (obviously in mine as well)

Who do you think should be the next manager by the way?

Unread 26-10-2010, 02:56 PM
borsuk

seems to me people are far too willing to make excuses for maureen.

yeah, he hasn't done that, but he would if he was with us

just don't see it. and he is a monumental @#%&!, i'd £#%&!ing hate to see old trafford become the maureen show.

as for who should take over, i hope fergie stays for another five years and wins a couple more european cups with a load of kids. then we'll see who's around.

Unread 26-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He's worked to whatever remit & philosophy a club has, as opposed to his own.
That's the key for me. For example, if city somehow persuaded him to go there he'd wear a massive scarf, move to Stockport and only use blue ketchup.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Whilst I think that Jose is the only manager with the charisma and the the presensce not to sit in SAF's shadow as united manager I don't think he is particularly thick skinned, he is always having a rant about something somebody has said about him.
It's always in response to others, tbf. Especially in Italy, where a lot of other managers seemed to think it would be a good tactic to try and damped the aura around him by publicly putting him down.

He irritates people, they have a pop at him and he kills them with a putdown. That's the usual routine.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Coracao

Can't wait to see Bors posts after Jose's first 0-0 draw in charge of United. He'll make Sparky look like Dwight Yorke.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
that's the key for me. For example, if city somehow persuaded him to go there he'd wear a massive scarf, move to stockport and only use blue ketchup.
Closed Thread