United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Stickman

Default Re: fergie on his successor: united need experience, will not have a young manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It can only be Mourinho.

This.

He'll do 3 seasons at Real absolute max youd imagine. Then wheres he gonna go?

Its got to be the logical move for manager and club. I can only see him taking Chelsea again if not us.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:13 AM
PaulParkers

Default Re: fergie on his successor: united need experience, will not have a young manager

We'll probbly end up with one of the following:

Steve Bruce
David Moyes
Mick McCarthy

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:14 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It can only be Mourinho.
Agreed. But I enjoy reading borsuk’s rather desperate attempts to find reasons why he shouldn’t. Always seems to come down to ‘he’s a @#%&!’. Maybe, but so is our highest earning player, don’t see anyone arguing he should be £#%&!ed off for similar reasons.

Some of the suggestions are laughable. Pellegrini? Spalletti? Moyes? Larry White ffs Mourinho with Ole as his assistant. Sorted.

tbf, I just want Fergie to carry on forever. I’ve never known another manager at United and the thought of anyone other than him running the team makes me quite depressed. I’ll be gutted when he packs it in.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
We'll probbly end up with one of the following:

Steve Bruce
David Moyes
Mick McCarthy

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:15 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
You just know his name will be mentioned when the time comes. Despite not having done anything of real note since leaving Leicester. Yes, Leicester. Winning the League Cup once (or twice). Wow, just wow. Winning things in Scotland doesn't count - it's a piece of piss up there. Even John Barnes won them the league.
Not actually true, Barnes was an utter fiasco in Scotland (Super Caley Go Ballistic, etc)... but yeah, it's no great achievement winning that league. Unless you do it with someone other than Celtic or Rangers. Yes, I'm talking about Lord Ferg.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:17 AM
koppas

Fair play andyroo, i thought Barnes won the league tbh.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:24 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Fair play andyroo, i thought Barnes won the league tbh.
Super Cally Go Ballistic, Celtic Are Atrocious

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
experienced manager you say? We have Moyes ready to take over with his long list of trophies, man management of world class players etc
Yoga Bad Rep

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:26 AM
My Name is Keith

I think Moyes is out because he can't now pass the FA's 'fit and proper manager' rule given that he passed away in 2003 and is currently managing Everton under the little known 'walking dead' clause. The clause, introduced after Sir Alf Ramsey passed away allows managers who die whilst managing a club to carry on in management for an undefined interim period.

Kenwright and others on the Everton Board should have by now found a successor and are coming under intense pressure from the League, FA and Sky to bring in the Priesthood to rid themselves of ghoulish zombie Moyes. Sky in particular have threatened the club given that HD pictures of Moyes have unsettled many young viewers who have been scared by 'his cold dead eyes'.

Apparently, Moyes now has to spend up to 4 or 5 hours having his cold greying dry skin glued back onto his withering tracksuited frame. The only reason why he's got away with it for this long is because it isn't that dissimilar to the normal Scottish pallor.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Baron

I don't know why anyone would want Mourinho, what's he achieved? Who cares if he has two European Cups in 6 years, whoopee £#%&!ing do if he's won 5 domestic leagues in 7 seasons in 3 different countries, ohh la-dee-@#%&!ing-da if he's got another 9 league / FA / UEFA cups on top of all that as well & what sort of £#%&!er could could give a £#%&!ing monkeys if the man hasn't lost a league game at home since 2002, a measly £#%&!ing 140 game run over 4 different leagues... he's won a Treble with Porto (league, domestic cup & UEFA Cup) & the proper Treble with Inter as well - we all know that happens every other year now anyway............

I struggle to think of why we'd want him. Aside from being a genius & a magnet for all things £#%&!ing silver of course

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Cream

Yes Keith, I looked at his forehead in glorious HD the other day and right enough: evidence of mummification.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
It was dripping in sarcasm, not jism.
C'mon, your hand is like a £#%&!ing claw after posting it.

Unread 26-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
C'mon, your hand is like a £#%&!ing claw after posting it.
ffs

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:45 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Agreed. But I enjoy reading borsuk’s rather desperate attempts to find reasons why he shouldn’t. Always seems to come down to ‘he’s a @#%&!’. Maybe, but so is our highest earning player, don’t see anyone arguing he should be £#%&!ed off for similar reasons.
wait for the summer mate

my arguments against maureen are pretty consistent and are all about him not fitting with most of united's best traditions (youth development, attractive football - yes, i know real are scoring for fun but let's wait a wee while, eh - and a british spine). no question that he's a top manager and success is pretty much guaranteed with him and a £#%&! off big transfer budget but there's more to united than that, imo.

Quote:
Some of the suggestions are laughable. Pellegrini? Spalletti? Moyes? Larry White ffs Mourinho with Ole as his assistant. Sorted.
larry white has done a great job so far with the french national side. let's wait until after euro 2012 and see how he does there. i wonder also what joachim loew is going to be doing after that tournament, he's a really interesting coach who has done wonders with germany.

Quote:
tbf, I just want Fergie to carry on forever. I’ve never known another manager at United and the thought of anyone other than him running the team makes me quite depressed. I’ll be gutted when he packs it in.
this. £#%&!ing this. i don't care who comes in and what they do, they'll never begin to approach what ferguson has done, the way he has remoulded the club from top to bottom, come to embody it in a way that no other manager in the world could even dream of. the way the game has gone i don't think we'll ever see his like again.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i don't care who comes in and what they do, they'll never begin to approach what ferguson has done, the way he has remoulded the club from top to bottom, come to embody it in a way that no other manager in the world could even dream of. the way the game has gone i don't think we'll ever see his like again.
Unless we were to go into free-fall, all our players went on the piss & we had to sell off Carrington & go train on a field again whilst losing the youth set-up, it's unlikely that we'd need to.

So we aren't looking for another Fergie. We're looking for someone to stand on the shoulders of a giant & take on the success & more importantly imo, handle the expectation & pressure of following the greatest manager the game has seen.

Mourinho isn't another Fergie, he isn't a man who'll build the club from the ground up, he doesn't need to be. The club, from a facilities / set-up basis at least, is surely in as good a shape as it can possibly be in. So the next man will be someone who can deal with the playing side - the set-up will surely be maintained by the club & infrastructure that Fergie has already set in motion.

Step forward that brilliant #@&%! Jose Mourinho.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Unless we were to go into free-fall, all our players went on the piss & we had to sell off Carrington & go train on a field again whilst losing the youth set-up, it's unlikely that we'd need to.

So we aren't looking for another Fergie. We're looking for someone to stand on the shoulders of a giant & take on the success & more importantly imo, handle the expectation & pressure of following the greatest manager the game has seen.

Mourinho isn't another Fergie, he isn't a man who'll build the club from the ground up, he doesn't need to be. The club, from a facilities / set-up basis at least, is surely in as good a shape as it can possibly be in. So the next man will be someone who can deal with the playing side - the set-up will surely be maintained by the club & infrastructure that Fergie has already set in motion.

:mmmonkey:

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:53 PM
red @rmy

Paul Le Guen.

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
:mmmonkey:
keyboard needs a toffee hammer to type tbf arcing ropes of jism.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:25 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

*points enthusiastically at post*

Yes!

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

my arguments against maureen are pretty consistent and are all about him not fitting with most of united's best traditions (youth development, attractive football - yes, i know real are scoring for fun but let's wait a wee while, eh - and a british spine). no question that he's a top manager and success is pretty much guaranteed with him and a £#%&! off big transfer budget but there's more to united than that, imo.
Did he have a big budget at Porto? Just asking as I honestly have no idea.

I'll tell you one thing I like about him, and that's his apparent love for Fergie.

He's a complete @#%&!, agreed, but he leads the pack for me. Larry White is not as daft an idea as some are making out, I think some egg might be on some faces after Euro 2012.

Moyes though, sorry but no. I like the guy, but have you seen the table recently? And a complete absence of European experience rules him out straigth away imo.
Closed Thread