United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2022, 11:57 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If we had some, any midfielder/s that could look up and control the ball and decide on a forward pass in anything less than 35 seconds and 4 touches he’d have 30 goals. £#%&! me we take a £#%&!ing age with everything. We haven’t got a quick switch of play in us, there’s 2 or 3 players that can accurately pass a ball the required distance, but it’s always flighted/floated and by the time they’ve decided to do it the defence have shuffled over and the FB/winger that was in acres is now surrounded, it goes back and we do the same again. Infuriating. It’s like some of them can’t be taking a touch and looking for a pass at the same time, they need the safety of staring at their feet and making sure the ball is exactly where they want it before having a look for an option. Ronaldo is used to having players behind him that have seen the run he’s about to make and decided on the pass before they get the ball and do it instantly. Not one player at United can or will do that.
Watched the watford game on stream saturday and the amount of times the co-commentator mentioned how slow and laborious we are with the ball

We take an age to build attacks, everyone takes 3, 4, 5 touches on the ball - which is an absolute dream to defend against.

I watched the cup final yesterday and honestly at times it looks as if we're playing a different sport to these other sides. Liverpool and Chelsea players were all popping the ball about, 1-2 touch stuff. Getting it forward quickly, the full backs banging in quality crosses. It's an absolute world away from the tosh we serve up.

Honestly, i know i've said it before but my god this is the worst United side i've seen in terms of how teeth grindingly dull we are to watch. The midfield is just disgusting, it's an absolute abomination. £#%&!ing Spurs reject Moussa Sissoko at times dominated the clowns in our midfield. Teams routinely play straight through us in 3-4 passes.

20 shots on goal, 3 on target. £#%&!ing shocking.

Unread 28-02-2022, 12:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not sure if you noticed, but matic was motm at the week-end.

whilst it is true that, bruno aside, quick and accurate passes are somewhat lacking (especially crosses and especially behind the defence), it is also true that ronaldo has had plenty of opportunities and has looked like a cockroach running in treacle. if he's not missing sitters, he offers sweet f.a.
Matic was ace first half and dropped off horribly second, but was still the best midfielder on the pitch, but he is guilty of all I said above. So £#%&!ing slow in everything he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Watched the watford game on stream saturday and the amount of times the co-commentator mentioned how slow and laborious we are with the ball

We take an age to build attacks, everyone takes 3, 4, 5 touches on the ball - which is an absolute dream to defend against.

I watched the cup final yesterday and honestly at times it looks as if we're playing a different sport to these other sides. Liverpool and Chelsea players were all popping the ball about, 1-2 touch stuff. Getting it forward quickly, the full backs banging in quality crosses. It's an absolute world away from the tosh we serve up.

Honestly, i know i've said it before but my god this is the worst United side i've seen in terms of how teeth grindingly dull we are to watch. The midfield is just disgusting, it's an absolute abomination. £#%&!ing Spurs reject Moussa Sissoko at times dominated the clowns in our midfield. Teams routinely play straight through us in 3-4 passes.

20 shots on goal, 3 on target. £#%&!ing shocking.
It’s horrendous. I’ve been to most home games and it’s like pulling bastard teeth with the speed of play. What’s £#%&!ing infuriating is that they can do it and can play the game quickly, but they all shit out. The passing the buck that goes on is ridiculous. £#%&!ing throw ins that take the thrower near a minute to get the ball and to the right spot and then all the players playing £#%&!ing statues, hiding behind the nearest man

The amount of times the ball was knocked back to someone in a decent crossing position, you’re willing them to step onto it and whip it in first time, 9/10 they take a touch and give it back to the nearest marked player because they don’t want the responsibility, or are worried they’ll smash it out for a goal kick and don’t want to look stupid.

Against Brighton first half we’d had an almost decent spell for the first time and the ball was with their keeper. He rolled it out and 3 touches and about 5 seconds later Maupay was on the ball in our right hand channel between CB and FB on the edge of the box and they were steaming forward to support. I don’t think we ever do that. We didn’t get anywhere near them or the ball in those 3 passes either. It happens all the £#%&!ing time.

Sick to the back teeth of us being second to the ball, out muscled or hustled out of possession so easily too. Man for man we are physically inferior to the opposition. Always. Not fit enough, not strong enough. Don’t want it.

Unread 28-02-2022, 02:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
If we had some, any midfielder/s that could look up and control the ball and decide on a forward pass in anything less than 35 seconds and 4 touches he’d have 30 goals. £#%&! me we take a £#%&!ing age with everything. We haven’t got a quick switch of play in us, there’s 2 or 3 players that can accurately pass a ball the required distance, but it’s always flighted/floated and by the time they’ve decided to do it the defence have shuffled over and the FB/winger that was in acres is now surrounded, it goes back and we do the same again. Infuriating. It’s like some of them can’t be taking a touch and looking for a pass at the same time, they need the safety of staring at their feet and making sure the ball is exactly where they want it before having a look for an option. Ronaldo is used to having players behind him that have seen the run he’s about to make and decided on the pass before they get the ball and do it instantly. Not one player at United can or will do that.
If Ronaldo had gone to City, he’d have 20 goals, 15 of them inside the six yard box and city would be 12 points+ clear.

Unread 28-02-2022, 04:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Matic was ace first half and dropped off horribly second, but was still the best midfielder on the pitch, but he is guilty of all I said above. So £#%&!ing slow in everything he does.

It’s horrendous. I’ve been to most home games and it’s like pulling bastard teeth with the speed of play. What’s £#%&!ing infuriating is that they can do it and can play the game quickly, but they all shit out. The passing the buck that goes on is ridiculous. £#%&!ing throw ins that take the thrower near a minute to get the ball and to the right spot and then all the players playing £#%&!ing statues, hiding behind the nearest man

The amount of times the ball was knocked back to someone in a decent crossing position, you’re willing them to step onto it and whip it in first time, 9/10 they take a touch and give it back to the nearest marked player because they don’t want the responsibility, or are worried they’ll smash it out for a goal kick and don’t want to look stupid.

Against Brighton first half we’d had an almost decent spell for the first time and the ball was with their keeper. He rolled it out and 3 touches and about 5 seconds later Maupay was on the ball in our right hand channel between CB and FB on the edge of the box and they were steaming forward to support. I don’t think we ever do that. We didn’t get anywhere near them or the ball in those 3 passes either. It happens all the £#%&!ing time.

Sick to the back teeth of us being second to the ball, out muscled or hustled out of possession so easily too. Man for man we are physically inferior to the opposition. Always. Not fit enough, not strong enough. Don’t want it.
While a lot of this has been true over the last couple of months it sure as £#%&! doesn't describe the Watford game. Where we totally battered them and created enough chances to win five games but made a balls of every single one of them.

Unread 28-02-2022, 05:17 PM
dunk

It definitely describes the Watford game, it was merely offset by how truly £#%&!ing awful Watford are.

Unread 01-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If Ronaldo had gone to City, he’d have 20 goals, 15 of them inside the six yard box and city would be 12 points+ clear.
Perhaps. The more I watch him though the more I see he’s lost his edge in front of goal.

That Leeds tap in for instance and when he went round the keeper at home to Southampton I think it was. He needs to be finishing those types of chances to justify starting every week.

Unread 01-03-2022, 05:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Perhaps. The more I watch him though the more I see he’s lost his edge in front of goal.

That Leeds tap in for instance and when he went round the keeper at home to Southampton I think it was. He needs to be finishing those types of chances to justify starting every week.
His confidence is definitely at a low ebb, but so is most players right now.

That’s what we do to players. We’ve seen them plenty do well when they first arrive or break into the first team and then we gradually sap the life out of them.

Unread 01-03-2022, 05:06 PM
jem

Quote:
His confidence is definitely at a low ebb, but so is most players right now.

That’s what we do to players. We’ve seen them plenty do well when they first arrive or break into the first team and then we gradually sap the life out of them.
except sancho. and bruno.

sorry, I am not having it that ronaldo has a confidence issue or that united is too big for him or any other crap. he is a £#%&!ing slug and shouldn't be playing.

Unread 01-03-2022, 07:42 PM
Joe Biden

Any chance that @#%&! cavani could lend a hand

Unread 02-03-2022, 01:31 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
More chance than that @#%&! Greenwood.

Unread 02-03-2022, 08:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
except sancho. and bruno.

sorry, I am not having it that ronaldo has a confidence issue or that united is too big for him or any other crap. he is a £#%&!ing slug and shouldn't be playing.
So two examples. One of whom is still in his first season and the rot is yet to set in and has produced about 3 decent games anyway. And Bruno’s form has come into question plenty.

The majority of our players look any or one of lost, pissed off, unmotivated, unconfident and it tends to get worse the longer they’re around.

Most players best spells are usually when they return from injury. Pogba looked better after a break. Elanga hasn’t yet had the enthusiasm sapped out of him and even Phil Jones didn’t look awful when he came back.

Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane were all meant to elevate us. All have struggled.

It’s hard for anyone to shine in this mess, which is why so few do.

Unread 02-03-2022, 01:22 PM
Luffy

Ronaldo has missed opportunities, that alone proves he can hack it. You can't really legislate for players missing open goals and 1 on 1s though, it's just something that happens. The fact it's happening to all our strikers at the same is honestly £#%&!ing weird.

But a striker who is missing chances just needs to tweak their finishing. A striker who is invisible is a much worse problem ie Mr 7 touches in a game Lukaku.

Unread 02-03-2022, 01:33 PM
jem

Quote:
So two examples. One of whom is still in his first season and the rot is yet to set in and has produced about 3 decent games anyway. And Bruno’s form has come into question plenty.

The majority of our players look any or one of lost, pissed off, unmotivated, unconfident and it tends to get worse the longer they’re around.

Most players best spells are usually when they return from injury. Pogba looked better after a break. Elanga hasn’t yet had the enthusiasm sapped out of him and even Phil Jones didn’t look awful when he came back.

Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane were all meant to elevate us. All have struggled.

It’s hard for anyone to shine in this mess, which is why so few do.
I think that there is a danger that your argument is shaped to meet your conclusion.

varane and sancho are doing fine. ronaldo is shot. it's not simply a question of him missing the odd chance - he contributes very little to our game and he's not even close to getting chances most of the time. our game is not geared around a ronaldo type player. the comparison with lukaku is laughable. maybe compare him to jamie vardy.

Unread 02-03-2022, 02:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think that there is a danger that your argument is shaped to meet your conclusion.

varane and sancho are doing fine. ronaldo is shot. it's not simply a question of him missing the odd chance - he contributes very little to our game and he's not even close to getting chances most of the time. our game is not geared around a ronaldo type player. the comparison with lukaku is laughable. maybe compare him to jamie vardy.
Out of Europe and 11 points worse off in the league with out him....

Unread 02-03-2022, 02:42 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden

Unread 02-03-2022, 04:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Not really mate. Doesn’t take much mental gymnastics or cognitive dissonance to contend that most of our players underperform and haven’t improved in the time they’ve been here and I’d hardly cite Jadon Sancho as an exception. He’s largely struggled all season.

As for Ronaldo, I’m not suggesting he’s covering himself in glory and he’s clearly tired. That says a lot about our management of him though and he’s massively frustrated with the supply line, which is affecting him. He’s one of many who look miserable out there. That, again, reflects on us.

If our game isn’t geared around a Ronaldo type, then that’s hardly his fault. Despite all of this, he still hit the post, had a goal disallowed and looked as likely to anyone to score.

Most of the issues we’re seeing with him are to do with us.

Seriously, does anyone think he wouldn’t have scored more, been managed better and generally look less pissed off if he was playing bang up top for City?

We’re running the guy into the ground.

Unread 07-03-2022, 08:58 AM
Drexl

Has he flounced?

Or is he gen injured?

Unread 07-03-2022, 09:07 AM
Dasilvatwins

I’m one of his biggest fans but if he has £#%&!ed off to Portugal even if he is genuinely injured I hope ralf bins him and doesn’t play him in the champions league. £#%&!ing sick of these prats.

I don’t care if we get kicked out by atletico. You have to have control and discipline in and team based environment to get results .

Unread 07-03-2022, 09:58 AM
marlo

what a suprise

not a word about him being 100 percent fit and flying to Portugal because he want in the starting 11.

Unread 07-03-2022, 10:02 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
what a suprise

not a word about him being 100 percent fit and flying to Portugal because he want in the starting 11.
Literally the post above yours you massive fanny.
Closed Thread