Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2017, 05:30 PM
irk

Connor macgregor

Unread 26-05-2017, 05:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Absolutely mental. Lost the plot of the last 18 months. S2C.
Do you not see Rashford as a pure, leading the line striker? I do tbh, and I'd show some faith in him.

If we could get a Griezmann to lessen the goalscoring load, rather than another out and out striker, for me that's ideal.

Don't see why that's so absurd.

Unread 26-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Do you not see Rashford as a pure, leading the line striker? I do tbh, and I'd show some faith in him.

If we could get a Griezmann to lessen the goalscoring load, rather than another out and out striker, for me that's ideal.

It's absurd because he doesn't appear remotely ready to do so to me. I would suggest that Rashford is a good 2-3 years away from getting 20 plus in the league, and his finishing will have to improve a fair bit to get there. His all-round game is improving, but for me it would be idiocy to start with him as the main man next season and would see us nowhere near competing. You do not sacrifice your entire side for the development of one player. He would still get plenty of games from the left and when the other striker is out.

Unread 26-05-2017, 05:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It's absurd because he doesn't appear remotely ready to do so to me. I would suggest that Rashford is a good 2-3 years away from getting 20 plus in the league, and his finishing will have to improve a fair bit to get there. His all-round game is improving, but for me it would be idiocy to start with him as the main man next season and would see us nowhere near competing. You do not sacrifice your entire side for the development of one player. He would still get plenty of games from the left and when the other striker is out.
Don't think that did him any good for six months this season, until Zlat got badly injured.

And an Italian lad from a mid-table Serie A side who has only just started scoring prolifically would also be a huge gamble.

I think given full trust, Rashford is nearer to being ready than some think. I think Mou will go for a high-scoring second-striker.

Unread 26-05-2017, 05:46 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Don't think that did him any good for six months this season, until Zlat got badly injured.

And an Italian lad from a mid-table Serie A side who has only just started scoring prolifically would also be a huge gamble.

I think given full trust, Rashford is nearer to being ready than some think. I think Mou will go for a high-scoring second-striker.
Mourinho loves Rashford and his attitude and has said on a few occasions so I wouldn't be worried about him being sidelined.

Unread 26-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:

I'll trust my judgement re Belotti. He is far more rounded than Rashford at this stage, as you would expect.

I would be amazed if Mourinho does not bring in a centre forward. The type of decision which could cost him his job. He is two down with Zlatan and likely Rooney.

Unread 26-05-2017, 05:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'll trust my judgement re Belotti. He is far more rounded than Rashford at this stage, as you would expect.

I would be amazed if Mourinho does not bring in a centre forward. The type of decision which could cost him his job. He is two down with Zlatan and likely Rooney.
Me too, I just think the Zlat thing attracted Mou because it was short-term and an experienced option. He might look for similar.

The good thing about Belotti is that he would presumably arrive without the demand to play every game straight away, either.

Relying on two young strikers is not a Mourinho trait. Griezmann or someone similar does feel likely.

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:01 PM
LFOD

Quote:

Don't see him as a lead the line striker, he should play with one and he'd be better for it. Jose likes a big boy up top.

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:02 PM
saffers

Quote:
Absolutely no less a gamble than getting another Torino lad to do a Darmian on us.

Imo.
Would put 100m on the table right now if it meant Belotti would be our man of the match in the cl final next season whoa

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Marvel7

Lewandoski nft

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:18 PM
sa7

Dybala

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Dybala

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:21 PM
red in cumbria

Shaun Goater.

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:31 PM
waynes ear's

Dybala is a shout. However i still think Kane is the one. Proven premier league striker, bangs them in for fun, looks thick as pigshit. Should slot right in.

Couldnt give a fiddlers £#%&! how much he'd cost, United are swimming in money so spend it.

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:38 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Dybala is a shout. However i still think Kane is the one. Proven premier league striker, bangs them in for fun, looks thick as pigshit. Should slot right in.

Couldnt give a fiddlers £#%&! how much he'd cost, United are swimming in money so spend it.

I have to be honest and say I was wrong about Kane. But if we brought Kane in (not that Levy would entertain it tbh) what do we do with Rashford? It'd be criminal to see him playing left back for the next few years

Unread 26-05-2017, 06:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke

I have to be honest and say I was wrong about Kane. But if we brought Kane in (not that Levy would entertain it tbh) what do we do with Rashford? It'd be criminal to see him playing left back for the next few years
Plenty of games for the two of them, Rashford to play in cup games and the odd league games. We need competition within the squad

ATM plays his best football from the left imo.

Unread 26-05-2017, 07:42 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Couldn't you of done a poll ffs ?
I'd have to watch a bit of football to do that wouldn't i

Unread 26-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Vedder

Kane all day

Unread 26-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Baron

Mbappe just looks like a special, special talent to me.

Him, Rashers & Martial doing a 2017 variation on Rooney, Ronaldo & Saha would do me. Red Arrows.

Would rely on a seriously worldie passing midfielder such as Verratti or Kroos though. No point not having the ammunition.

Unread 26-05-2017, 08:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
Don't see him as a lead the line striker, he should play with one and he'd be better for it. Jose likes a big boy up top.
How tall is Rashford? Either way, I think he does fit the profile, especially with his work ethic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Mbappe just looks like a special, special talent to me.
Balls on the line stuff from Baron
Closed Thread