United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2015, 07:16 AM
puressence

smalling was £#%&!ed wont see him till January I reckon hopefully im wrong ..

Unread 09-12-2015, 08:01 AM
angrydimaria

we won't be hammering anyone under LVG. Maybe a 1-0 or 2-1 win if we are lucky.

Unread 09-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
smalling was £#%&!ed wont see him till January I reckon hopefully im wrong ..
Surprising he lasted this long, think he has played every minute of every game, even the bloody league cup matches.

Anyone know when Schweinsteiger is likely to be banned?

Unread 09-12-2015, 10:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Anyone know when Schweinsteiger is likely to be banned?
The sooner the better tbh.

Unread 09-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The sooner the better tbh.
He has not been great has he? We might need 2 midfielders in the summer, maybe a Gundogan for his passing quality from deep and a more industrious type to challenge Schneiderlin.

Schweinsteiger was always going to be a stopgap, needed to manage his games to get the most out of him, he could still contribute with top quality around him but he is not at the stage of his career where he can carry that area, especially not paired with an oaf like Fellaini.

Unread 09-12-2015, 10:41 AM
dunk

Pretty much every fear I had about him and was chastised for airing has come to pass, with the exception of injuries. Wouldn't be so bad if he was a supporting act, but first choice senior players like him and Mata having to be hooked after 70 minutes in a must win game is an indicator of the problems LvG is facing. He can't rely on any £#%&!er to play 90 minutes

Buying old men is not the way forward.

Unread 09-12-2015, 10:44 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Pretty much every fear I had about him and was chastised for airing has come to pass, with the exception of injuries.

You'd think we'd have learned after the Falcasco. But Schweini was supposed to be a "the others will learn from him" type like Larry White was.

Unread 09-12-2015, 10:48 AM
Der Kaiser

Schweinsteiger would have been fine if he was playing in a real 3 man midfield, unfortunately van Gaal likes to have a second striker in there, which exposes his lack of mobility. Both Shweinsteiger and Carrick are looking well over the hill in this formation, and when they start together it's a £#%&!ing mess.

Tiberian

Quote:
Pretty much every fear I had about him and was chastised for airing has come to pass, with the exception of injuries.

I hoped he would bring the leadership that was lacking so badly last season when Carrick was out. That was the on pitch value, especially given how much experience was lost in recent years. At times he has shown that, but he has been a major contributor to the overly pedantic style of play. LVG was talking a few days back about how he has under-performed in every match he has played this season, especially compared to the player he was at Bayern, so it not just fans who have been questioning him.

Behind the scenes his presence in bringing on young players could be very valuable, his attitude seems spot on to be fair to him.

Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
You'd think we'd have learned after the Falcasco. But Schweini was supposed to be a "the others will learn from him" type like Larry White was.
He'd have got the same abuse Basti's currently getting from the outers, had this forum been around then.

Shudder to think what they'd have said about Larsson.

Unread 09-12-2015, 10:49 AM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Pretty much every fear I had about him and was chastised for airing has come to pass, with the exception of injuries. Wouldn't be so bad if he was a supporting act, but first choice senior players like him and Mata having to be hooked after 70 minutes in a must win game is an indicator of the problems LvG is facing. He can't rely on any £#%&!er to play 90 minutes

he bought them ffs

all of these are his decisions. Rooney being captain, prominent role for carrick, mata on right wing...

Unread 09-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Neo

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen anyone congratulate themselves as much as you do.

Shweini was immense at Villa Park, btw. A game we won. Doubt you even saw it tbfBottomRed.

Unread 09-12-2015, 11:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
he bought them ffs

all of these are his decisions. Rooney being captain, prominent role for carrick, mata on right wing...
He's not telling them to get injured ffs

There's only Schweinsteiger and Carrick who are too old. What's the excuse for the rest of them.

Mata was embarrassing btw, bright and lively opening 10 minutes or so, lovely pass from Martial, a few glimpses here and there towards the end of the half and in the first 10 minutes of the second half, mostly in Wolfsburg's area, which is fine, the rest of the time he was being completely nullified by his opposite number, too slow, too weak, needs too much time and too many touches... It was like watching a chubby 13 year old with a bit of ability playing with his dad and his dad's mates at 5 a side. MOTM people were saying.. Not sure if that is or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I don't think I've ever seen anyone congratulate themselves as much as you do.

Shweini was immense at Villa Park, btw. A game we won. Doubt you even saw it tbfBottomRed.
£#%&! off Neo, you're an irrelevant £#%&!tard who is as self aggrandising and self congratulatory as anybody that has ever £#%&!ing walked.

Unread 09-12-2015, 12:10 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
£#%&! off Neo, you're an irrelevant £#%&!tard who is as self aggrandising and self congratulatory as anybody that has ever £#%&!ing walked.
he's not irrelevant to me.

Unread 09-12-2015, 12:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
he's not irrelevant to me.
He tends to be alright most of the time tbf, got a proper bee in his bonnet about me atm though.

Unread 09-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Neo

Quote:
He tends to be alright most of the time tbf, got a proper bee in his bonnet about me atm though.
Pretty sure you made an anti-Tigre remark recently. All stems from that.

Feel free to apologise any time.

x.

Unread 09-12-2015, 12:20 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
didn't know that.. but tbf he's offering an olive branch now....:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

x.

Unread 09-12-2015, 12:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

x.
Falcao?

Think you'd probs have to narrow it down a bit pal

Wait! Are you mad because I won't admit that Falcao isn't shit?

Unread 09-12-2015, 12:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Is dunk still pretending that Schweinsteiger's shit?

Unread 09-12-2015, 12:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Is dunk still pretending that Schweinsteiger's shit?
Not shit. Old. Not pretending either.
Closed Thread