United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2015, 10:02 AM
92ToBury

If it sees the end of Rooney or simply gives us a winger that we so desperately need, I don't see the debate. Get the magnificent bastard back and we'll recover the transfer fee on merch and success in two seasons.

Unread 23-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
If it sees the end of Rooney or simply gives us a winger that we so desperately need, I don't see the debate. Get the magnificent bastard back and we'll recover the transfer fee on merch and success in two seasons.
Yeah because Rooney and Ronaldo never linked up well did they ?

Unread 23-11-2015, 01:51 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Who really gives a £#%&! what fee or wages are involved? We've pissed away £30m on Fellaini FFS, we'll be lucky to get 10% back for him when he's £#%&!ed off.

You'd see results on and off the pitch, United make millions every year without anybody decent to market, give them the best in the world and he'd pay for himself. Not only that he's THE ONE every fan wants, the buzz seeing him return would be immense.

Unread 23-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I agree with you, but I'm not sure he would...Chelsea and City have all the history most modern, high profile players need (i.e. very recent success and other high-profile players). Zlatan has already paved the way at PSG for other big stars. If they want him and make a serious offer, he may well go there.
If United are genuinely interested in him and we are willing to pay him £250/£300k a week then I would expect him to rejoin United. PSG would not even get a look in unless they are willing to break the £400/£500k a week mark.

As long as United are serious and we don't go in with some half arsed offer he will be ours once again IMO.

As for Zlatan, as good a player as he has become in recent years he aint no tren setter for the likes of Ronaldo.

Unread 23-11-2015, 02:39 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
If United are genuinely interested in him and we are willing to pay him £250/£300k a week then I would expect him to rejoin United. PSG would not even get a look in unless they are willing to break the £400/£500k a week mark.

As long as United are serious and we don't go in with some half arsed offer he will be ours once again IMO.

As for Zlatan, as good a player as he has become in recent years he aint no tren setter for the likes of Ronaldo.
Money isn't a problem for United. PSG would struggle but would get the deal together but it'd be a huge risk for them. The league is a complete farce it's basically Scotland with a bit more money.

Would love to see him end his career at United.

Unread 23-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron

Ronnie loves the club, nqat. According to Rio's book, he complained about Manchester every day he was there. If he chooses based on clubs, it's not even close. I'm just not convinced modern players focus solely on that.

He's not leaving Madrid anyway.

Unread 23-11-2015, 02:47 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Ronnie loves the club, nqat. According to Rio's book, he complained about Manchester every day he was there. If he chooses based on clubs, it's not even close. I'm just not convinced modern players focus solely on that.

He's not leaving Madrid anyway.
It's not his decision anymore imo.

Unread 23-11-2015, 02:53 PM
TheFatGoth

Unfortunately my lasting memory of Ronaldo at OT will be that ghastly ARG-POR friendly last year.

Unread 23-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Unfortunately my lasting memory of Ronaldo at OT will be that ghastly ARG-POR friendly last year.
Who could forget it?

Unread 23-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Who could forget it?
Ruined my entire year

Unread 23-11-2015, 06:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Who really gives a £#%&! what fee or wages are involved? We've pissed away £30m on Fellaini FFS, we'll be lucky to get 10% back for him when he's £#%&!ed off.

You'd see results on and off the pitch, United make millions every year without anybody decent to market, give them the best in the world and he'd pay for himself. Not only that he's THE ONE every fan wants, the buzz seeing him return would be immense.
For me, he'd have to come back a much more humble person and player. The former in order to fit into LvG's team ethic, because there's no doubt Ronaldo has become far more of an egomaniac in Madrid. The latter because he's not the player he was when he left; he'll want to play increasingly in the final phase and therefore needs to accept that the world cannot revolve around him in the same way.

Personally, I'd look to the future with signings, rather than someone who unless he alters his approach massively could disrupt the progress of others. I'm just not sure he's capable of adjusting to the club not being all about him, even in the autumn of his career when a more collective outlook could prolong his career by years. If he took the Giggs/Scholes approach he could do 5+ years here

Unread 23-11-2015, 07:06 PM
dunk

Only getting £3m for Felli then? Alright pal.

Unread 23-11-2015, 11:04 PM
puressence

If he stays im going 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂❌❌⚽️⚽️

Unread 24-11-2015, 12:44 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yeah because Rooney and Ronaldo never linked up well did they ?
Not exactly working with the 2008 Rooney though, are we?

Unread 09-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Cream

Scored 4 in a remarkable 'come and get me' performance last night.

One of them was a free kick, which brings his tally to 3 goals in his last 97 dead ball attempts.

Benzema bagged a mere hat trick.

Unread 09-12-2015, 01:16 PM
silv

no chance he is coming to play in this team

he wants to break every record going and if PSG are creating chances and winning things he will go there

Unread 09-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
no chance he is coming to play in this team

he wants to break every record going and if PSG are creating chances and winning things he will go there
Van Gaal is insistent that a player of his quality will score in one of his teams.

He's all we're lacking, the final piece in the unicorn jigsaw.

Unread 09-12-2015, 03:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Van Gaal is insistent that a player of his quality will score in one of his teams.
van gaal is insistent that his teams need a player of that quality to cover up the essential shittiness of his team.

Unread 09-12-2015, 04:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
van gaal is insistent that his teams need a player of that quality to cover up the essential shittiness of his team.
Bit like Real Madrid now, you mean?

Unread 09-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Let's not split hairs.
Closed Thread