United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:16 AM
marlo

Default will anyone else admit our squad is far to thin....

its almost suicidal how much lvg has stripped our squad down.

the only injuries players we have are rojo, shaw and herrara!

our bench yesterday was

fellani
romero
jones
wilson
valencia
schneiderlin
mcnair

we literally have no proper attacking options from the bench.

if the first 11 don't work....you can even say we have impact subs who will make the difference. with the money spent i don't think its good enough to be honest.

hernandes, nani and as much as i hate him adman should have been kept on.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:19 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
its almost suicidal how much lvg has stripped our squad down.

the only injuries players we have are rojo, shaw and herrara!

our bench yesterday was

fellani
romero
jones
wilson
valencia
schneiderlin
mcnair

we literally have no proper attacking options from the bench.

if the first 11 don't work....you can even say we have impact subs who will make the difference. with the money spent i don't think its good enough to be honest.

hernandes
, nani and as much as i hate him adman should have been kept on.
Auto-correct?

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:20 AM
dunk

Mate, I was pointing out the frighteningly low number of players on the last day of the window.

16 senior outfield players, 4 goalkeepers and Wilson, Pereira and McNair is all we have..

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:28 AM
magic_cantona

I think we all will tbh.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:29 AM
jem

the main reason for the lack of attacking options on the bench was the attacking options on the field instead of a midfield. we have attacking options. playing rooney in an attacking midfield role shouldn't be one of them.

having more players like nani or cheech wouldn't help. I like nani, but the problem was the balance of the team. the team we started with was a team you might switch to if 3-0 down and desperate. maybe.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Reno

LVG doesn't help going on about how 'tired' they should be. Playing 3 times a week shouldn't tire an athlete out imo. Not physically anyway. If they are tired now, its going to be a long old season

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:33 AM
MJ Ramone

zero fullback cover is insane.
Young & Valencia have both cost us a goal in the last couple of games due to not knowing the role properly - understandable really (although tbf Rafael was more than capable of similar errors)

The lack of attacking alternatives is a big worry too. The only 'change' we seem to have is Fellaini.
Pretty grim.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Bunker Buster

At least we gave Wilson a new deal.......

LVG's zaha.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:53 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
zero fullback cover is insane.
Young & Valencia have both cost us a goal in the last couple of games due to not knowing the role properly - understandable really (although tbf Rafael was more than capable of similar errors)

The lack of attacking alternatives is a big worry too. The only 'change' we seem to have is Fellaini.
Pretty grim.
united are usually top heavy with 4 senior strikers + a few teenagers.....we now have literally 1 striker and a half.

Unread 05-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Switching Off

I'm going for option B.

Unread 05-10-2015, 10:12 AM
browser

it's a lot thinner without Ando and Shaw in it tbf tbs tbs

Unread 05-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Der Kaiser

The squad isn't too thin, it's just got a few too many average players still in it, and the younger talented players aren't really being used to great effect. Top players aren't going to sit on the bench, so the idea you can have two for each position is silly.

Unread 05-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Lok

Of course it's too thin.

We could have survived with another full back and a squad striker but as it is we're short.

Hernandez is the obvious one, unless he was desperate to leave we shouldn't have let him go. We should have replaced him.

Perhaps the club think that long term Varela is going to be good enough to provide cover at full back.

Unread 05-10-2015, 11:13 AM
puressence

I have no interest in what a fan of whoever nasri plays for has to say on mufc ...

Unread 05-10-2015, 11:15 AM
forzagarza

WHen we had Anderson everyone was slagging him off for being fat

Unread 05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
WHen we had Anderson everyone was slagging him off for being fat
It's been shit since he was sold.

As for the squad. We've three injuries (two of which look out of favour with the manager) and we're a mess defensively.

The lack of defensive cover is unreal.

Unread 05-10-2015, 11:21 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
It's been shit since he was sold.

As for the squad. We've three injuries (two of which look out of favour with the manager) and we're a mess defensively.

The lack of defensive cover is unreal.
not really

Valencia and Darmian RB

Shaw, Rojo, Blind as LB

McNair, Smalling, Jones, Blind, Rojo as centre halves

Varela as a youth backup.

We've just been very unlucky with injuries and in our last game, LVG picked the wrong side imo.

Unread 05-10-2015, 11:25 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
not really

Valencia and Darmian RB

Shaw, Rojo, Blind as LB

McNair, Smalling, Jones, Blind, Rojo as centre halves

Varela as a youth backup.

We've just been very unlucky with injuries and in our last game, LVG picked the wrong side imo.
Read those players back, 75% are not good enough for a team that wants to win domestic and European competitions.

It's dreadful. The defence is the new midfield, Chelsea showed last season a half decent defence wins you titles and we've continued to neglect that.

Unread 05-10-2015, 11:30 AM
browser

The question was about the squad being thin though, not experience or quality. Nice of you to interpret it in a way that enables you to have a dig at United again though.

And the first choice back 4 is very strong imo when all at the top of their game.

Unread 05-10-2015, 11:34 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
The question was about the squad being thin though, not experience or quality. Nice of you to interpret it in a way that enables you to have a dig at United again though.

And the first choice back 4 is very strong imo when all at the top of their game.
It is thin, no strength in depth. Loads of players none of them good enough.

Oh what a shame, i'm having a dig at United, least we've backup in McNair and Jones though. Meant to be one of the biggest clubs in Europe.
Closed Thread