Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE1948
I see we won the loser trophy the one where you have to finish 5th/ 6th

or get knocked out of the champions leagu, the only thing missing is a

scoup of ice cream and a chocalate stick. Does that make us the number one

loser in Europe.

Not only did we win it we won in true Jose style fast accurate attacking

football leaving the opposition in a stae of shock. Those celebrations at

the end WOW the three fingers lifting to the heavens making sure the players do it as well, sorry Jose that is only s treble in Liverpool but maybe we should have a poll.

Anyway congratuations to Saffers and his nappy brigade we now have another seasonof this spectacular football.

Lets face it everyone is entitled to their 15 minutes of glory.
Correct. I've also always thought the 99 champions league we won shouldn't have been celebrated given we didn't qualify for it as champions.

Unread 25-05-2017, 08:21 PM
sa7

Quote:

loser in Europe.

the end WOW the three fingers lifting to the heavens making sure the players do it as well, sorry Jose that is only s treble in Liverpool but maybe we should have a poll.

Anyway congratuations to Saffers and his nappy brigade we now have another seasonof this spectacular football.

Unread 25-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

loser in Europe.

Unread 26-05-2017, 03:45 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I haven't got that long to catch you up tbf.
np have a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just as well the net basically didn't exist 26 years ago, I can imagine the whinging from certain people about getting a "tinpot trophy" whilst only finishing 6th in the league
Can you imagine when we went from the old 1st div. to the old 2nd div.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Now that is funny, reminds me of our players attacking the opposition goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Billy Billy Billy I see you made it before I did, you know that little person I stand next to .

Unread 26-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Tiberian

Read a suggestion elsewhere that the Europa League might become a significant trophy now, especially in England. Chelsea, City, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, 6 in to 4 does not go.

Most of the other leagues do not have that competition at the top end. Big clubs can have a poor season and still stroll to the CL . Without the award of the CL for the winners the Europa was just a pointless distraction.

Arsenal might be the favourites for it next season, already might be an easier job than top 4.

Unread 26-05-2017, 04:21 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Read a suggestion elsewhere that the Europa League might become a significant trophy now,

Arsenal might be the favourites for it next season, already might be an easier job than top 4.
Might is the key word .

This will open a can of worms imagine EPL teams fighting for 1st or 5th no in between.

Unread 26-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Might is the key word .

This will open a can of worms imagine EPL teams fighting for 1st or 5th no in between.
Made the slightly facetious point a few times during the league run in that Mourinho was probably frustrated that the City/Liverpool/Arsenal kept giving Utd chances to get back into the top 4.

Did not enjoy Mourinho giving up on top 4 but it is easily understandable . Only have look at the competition in the Europa after Spurs were knocked out, Utd were the overwhelming favourites. Only way we were losing that trophy is if chasing league points killed the squad through fatigues and injuries. Still had a fair share of those problems, but he made the correct purely tactical decision.

Unread 26-05-2017, 04:48 PM
rebelcountyred

Dementia is no laughing matter
Closed Thread