United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Default Our fixtures until the end of Jan.

Never works out this simply in reality. But i fancy a bit of this:

Everton (H)
Pompey (A)
West Ham (A)
Villa (H)
Wolves (H)
Fulham (A)
Hull (A)
Wigan (H)
Birmingham (A)
Burnley (H)
Hull (H)

20 points ahead of the scouse by then

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:38 AM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: Our fixtures until the end of Jan.

We also have Liverpool and Chelsea at home as well.

I think we can go on a good run. I think we need to buy in January though.

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:41 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

I think we can go on a good run. I think we need to buy in January though.
Like who?

Hargreaves should be back into the groove. Obertan looks like he's gonna make the left side his own.

We have Llajic coming in (and Diouf )
Where do we need to strengthen?

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Liverpool will be fighting for Europa League by then (20th March) admittedly, but as ever the big one is Chelsea in April. Think we'll go into it needing a win to overtake them in the league.

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:47 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Like who?

Hargreaves should be back into the groove. Obertan looks like he's gonna make the left side his own.

We have Llajic coming in (and Diouf )
Where do we need to strengthen?
Why are people making out Llajic is gonna come in and be go into the first team? It's doubtful Hargreaves will get to the level he was at tbh.

We definitely need to strengthen the team, if you can't see that you must be mad.

For me we could do with a striker, an attacker, like Silva, who will make things happen from central positions, and he can play out wide to can't he? Or in a front 3 out wide? and we could do with a 'combative' midfielder imo. Of course we won't buy all 3, and we don't have to buy all 3 in January but that's what we need in the next 12 months. And probably more with Giggs and Scholes retiring soon.

I just think we're getting by at the moment and it will bite us on the arse eventually, we're also very soft in midfield.

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Top of the list would be a goalscoring central midfielder, who could play equally well in a 2 or a 3. I am struggling to think of one.

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Why are people making out Llajic is gonna come in and be go into the first team? It's doubtful Hargreaves will get to the level he was at tbh.

We definitely need to strengthen the team, if you can't see that you must be mad.

For me we could do with a striker, an attacker, like Silva, who will make things happen from central positions, and he can play out wide to can't he? Or in a front 3 out wide? and we could do with a 'combative' midfielder imo. Of course we won't buy all 3, and we don't have to buy all 3 in January but that's what we need in the next 12 months. And probably more with Giggs and Scholes retiring soon.

I just think we're getting by at the moment and it will bite us on the arse eventually, we're also very soft in midfield.
Didn't we just dominate Chelsea's much vaunted midfield?

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:50 AM
armchair

We need Arsenal to do us, and football, a favour. I think they'll get at least a draw. Other than that everton might scrape a draw away to them too. They've got to go to city too but I expect that to be an easy win.

Pity they've such an easy fixture after the internationals - Wolves.

Unread 10-11-2009, 11:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Top of the list would be a goalscoring central midfielder, who could play equally well in a 2 or a 3. I am struggling to think of one.
I think that's a point, is there someone out there who is available, affordable and good enough in January?

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think that's a point, is there someone out there who is available, affordable and good enough in January?
Hamsik
Fabregas

One of them two please.

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:13 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Hamsik
Fabregas

One of them two please.
I think you forgot the first 2 requirements. available and affordable. certainly fabregas fall into that category.

not seen enough of hamsik to comment.

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I want Diego but he won't be available or affordable.

The squad will look really strong once Hargreaves is back and the injuries clear up.

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Hamsik
Fabregas

One of them two please.
Dunno much about him but is he gonna turn up and go straight in as a first choice midfielder and thus make a big impact on the final 4 months of the season?

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Sparky***

In an ideal world we'd go out in January and buy a proper goalscorer like Villa - somebody who shows the cool calm ability in the 18 yard box to finish chances with genuine pace.

We don't need anymore wide players like Silva. And despite what some would have you believe, we aren't THAT soft in midfield - sunday showed that perfectly. We were up against arguably one of the strongest midfields in europe and comfortably held our own, even dominating them in patches.

diouf, ljajic ffs? Come on. If any of these makes even a small impression on the first team i shall be stunned. They'll be out on loan before you can say 'Manucho'.

And it seems people now think Heid is going to set the world alight? what does that say about zoran tosic ffs? Who does he have to kill to be given a chance?

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Dunno much about him but is he gonna turn up and go straight in as a first choice midfielder and thus make a big impact on the final 4 months of the season?
For me yes. Assuming he adapts to the English game and doesn't do a Veron/Shevchenko etc.

He is better than all the midfielders we have at present.

Saying that, I would wait until the Summer to make a move for him.

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
For me yes. Assuming he adapts to the English game and doesn't do a Veron/Shevchenko etc.

He is better than all the midfielders we have at present.

Saying that, I would wait until the Summer to make a move for him.
We have some rather good midfielders too so he must be some player.

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Didn't we just dominate Chelsea's much vaunted midfield?
Ah yes, just 1 game then, and we can say we don't need a midfielder. Let's forget the games when poor teams dominate in midfield against us.

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:14 PM
n48

Cheeky bid for Cattermole?

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Ah yes, just 1 game then, and we can say we don't need a midfielder. Let's forget the games when poor teams dominate in midfield against us.
I was just suggesting that we proved we aren't "very soft" in midfield, don't think that could be true given what happened on Sunday. I think if we stick to those three or two of those three we are fairly strong in that area, particularly if Hargreaves then comes back.

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Cheeky bid for Cattermole?
Isn't he shit?
Closed Thread