United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That slaphead doesn't know anything

See's Mata and Blind starting games and thinks actually my bullshit articles about both being surplus to requirements was actually bullshit all along

He's about as ITK as Miguel Delaney and his "sources"
It's entirely plausible that mata and blind have won him over, at least as squad players.

Of course, it could also indicate any deals to replace them haven't worked out.

Unread 15-08-2016, 03:16 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

If one more person quotes a journo

Unread 15-08-2016, 03:18 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

Unread 15-08-2016, 03:24 PM
75Red

Quote:
It's a marginal improvement over quoting random Twitter mongs.
Save
Save

Unread 15-08-2016, 03:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
He'll always be a Moroccan to me. Like Mo Farrah will always be a Somalian
And you'll always be a @#%&! Tony.

Unread 15-08-2016, 03:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
He'll always be a Moroccan to me. Like Mo Farrah will always be a Somalian
UKIP voter, then?

Unread 15-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
It's entirely plausible that mata and blind have won him over, at least as squad players.

Of course, it could also indicate any deals to replace them haven't worked out.
it's entirely plausible that jose mourinho never had the slightest intention of ditching mata or blind as well, and that what people outside the club said was just %@#$&!s based on their own limited and hackneyed reference points.

Unread 15-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's entirely plausible that jose mourinho never had the slightest intention of ditching mata or blind as well, and that what people outside the club said was just balls based on their own limited and hackneyed reference points.
True.

Never made sense that he'd want to sell blind. Even if he doesn't think he's good enough to be first choice, every squad needs a player like him. Shown his use this season already.

Unread 15-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
True.

Never made sense that he'd want to sell blind. Even if he doesn't think he's good enough to be first choice, every squad needs a player like him. Shown his use this season already.
entirely plausible that he arrived knowing blind is good enough to be first choice and knowing that mata is good enough to be first choice - in a squad full of same.

also think people are wrong about our style being too slow last season. if anything mourinho will need some of them to slow down a touch and make better use of the ball. less haste more speed, basically. take an extra second, not an extra touch. play the right ball, don't just play it. we will look slicker and more dynamic, but really we'll just be more confident.

Unread 15-08-2016, 04:55 PM
tony tabletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
UKIP voter, then?
no total opposite, Remain voter and proud European

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
And you'll always be a c*** Tony.
Forum tough guy join date 2009

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:06 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
no total opposite, Remain voter and proud European
Good for you, then.

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Alan

Mou tried hard to sign Stones for Chelsea last summer, so it's entirely possible he sees Blind as a similar option as a ball playing centre half IMO.

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:38 PM
S/Side.Red

I'm a tiny bit worried about Mkhitaryan. Presumably Mou planned to play him right and was part of the reason Mata was somewhat dispensable. If Mata does stay you wonder if it's because Mkhi has already struggled in some way. He has a strange record of signing wide players and losing faith in them almost immediately. Mkhi also seems the quintessential confidence player, so this isn't ideal.

If both are on form we have great options in those areas. Mata and Mkhi together could be something

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm a tiny bit worried about Mkhitaryan. Presumably Mou planned to play him right and was part of the reason Mata was somewhat dispensable. If Mata does stay you wonder if it's because Mkhi has already struggled in some way. He has a strange record of signing wide players and losing faith in them almost immediately. Mkhi also seems the quintessential confidence player, so this isn't ideal.

If both are on form we have great options in those areas. Mata and Mkhi together could be something
Took him a while to settle in Germany, just easing the lad in I reckon.

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:50 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Most of those wide players he didn't sign but his club did

Reading way too much into it

Just slowly introducing him into English football

Give it a few games and he'll be starting and impressing

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Took him a while to settle in Germany, just easing the lad in I reckon.
He's 28 in January, hope we're not taking it too long term

Don't get me wrong, competition for places is great. Expected him to start with the shirt, though.

Still the possibility that one or two players are in the shop window, too.

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell mate, mata "was somewhat dispensable" but because mikhi hasn't been picked for game#1 and you speculate that he hasn't immediately settled - and then you project both these entirely made-up opinions to make-up another opinion that mourinho has changed his mind about the player.

stones will be a player if he carries on trying to be one. if he stops trying to play football i doubt he'll even be a PL level defender. would have been a quality signing for united to play with bailly or blind, but hey ho...

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Most of those wide players he didn't sign but his club did

Reading way too much into it

Just slowly introducing him into English football

Give it a few games and he'll be starting and impressing
Instead of who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

£#%&!ing hell mate, mata "was somewhat dispensable" but because mikhi hasn't been picked for game#1 and you speculate that he hasn't immediately settled you project both these entirely made-up opinions to make-up another opinion that mourinho has changed his mind about the player.
I'm not stating any opinion. Just wondering what will happen. We've signed an expensive right winger and atm prefer someone else

I still think there will be one or two major departures. I certainly don't assume Mou has changed his mind about Mata.

Unread 15-08-2016, 08:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Instead of who?

I'm not stating any opinion. Just wondering what will happen. We've signed an expensive right winger and atm prefer someone else

I still think there will be one or two major departures. I certainly don't assume Mou has changed his mind about Mata.
Mata obviously

Hopefully Rooney will be binned in the next couple of months but I'm not holding my breath
Still has friends in the media, exhibit a G Nev tonight
Closed Thread