United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2017, 08:21 AM
Switching Off

Question Mata contract situation

Out of contract in the summer, free to sign a Bosman in January. Are we getting him signed up?

Unread 20-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Stickman

You'd have to be mental to let contracts expire these days with the market the way it is now.

Unread 20-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You'd have to be mental to let contracts expire these days with the market the way it is now.

Unread 20-11-2017, 08:44 AM
waynes ear's

Mata back to Valencia as part of the Soler deal?

Unread 20-11-2017, 08:44 AM
RedMenace

United have another year’s option don’t they?

Unread 20-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Hope so

Unread 20-11-2017, 08:57 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
would take ghoulam chiellin robben barkley messi

Unread 20-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Stickman

Barkley?!

Wouldn't even swap Jones for Barkley.

Unread 20-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Mr_Ed

Surely the club are on it and are covering this off. They wouldn’t be as foolish to let people leave unless they didn’t want them. I assume there’s another year option.

Unread 20-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Surely the club are on it and are covering this off. They wouldn’t be as foolish to let people leave unless they didn’t want them. I assume there’s another year option.
Not according to this.

Unread 20-11-2017, 11:20 AM
RedMenace

The length of the contract doesn’t appear to have been confirmed by United at the time but it was around that time they started adding the option of an extra year as standard.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...m-Chelsea.aspx

Unread 20-11-2017, 12:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Yeah and will be taking it up, as they will with Young, Shaw and Blind, apparently.

United should be all over Goretzka and Meyer ffs

Unread 20-11-2017, 12:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah and will be taking it up, as they will with Young, Shaw and Blind, apparently.

United should be all over Goretzka and Meyer ffs
Woody will spend the summer chasing Bale and Griezman only to miss out on them. No matter who the manager is, he's the biggest problem. Need someone who actually knows football in his role

Wonder what happened to that atletico director we were linked with last summer? Looks more and more likely that Mourinho was leaking that story to the press because he could see how much of a waste of space Woody is.

Unread 20-11-2017, 01:25 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Woody will spend the summer chasing Bale and Griezman only to miss out on them. No matter who the manager is, he's the biggest problem. Need someone who actually knows football in his role

Wonder what happened to that atletico director we were linked with last summer? Looks more and more likely that Mourinho was leaking that story to the press because he could see how much of a waste of space Woody is.
The same Woodward who was hailed a king for bringing di Maria and Falcao in?

Unread 20-11-2017, 01:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The same Woodward who was hailed a king for bringing di Maria and Falcao in?
That's him.

Unread 20-11-2017, 01:47 PM
AnthonyMartial

Would love to see Angel Gomes play.

Brilliant player and left footed.

Unread 20-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/sta...01409565560834

The following players can sign pre-contracts in 6 weeks:

Messi, Alexis, Mata, Goretzka, Özil, Balotelli, De Vrij, Ghoulam, Giménez, Can, Meyer, Shaw, Blind, Wilshere, Ribery, Juanfran, Fellaini, Miranda, Robben, Subotić, Özyakup, Bernard, Chiellini, Barkley. #BosmanBargains

Unread 20-11-2017, 01:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
Would love to see Angel Gomes play.

Brilliant player and left footed.
He's going by the sounds of it..

Unread 20-11-2017, 02:47 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's going by the sounds of it..
I've read a lot to regarding this and I £#%&!in hope not.

He has grown up in Manchester and loves the club I suppose it just depends on whether he thinks he will get in the first team more quickly at Barca which I doubt.

With 7 subs I think he should be definitely getting some of the bench but players are generally not starting at 17.

I think it's his friend Sancho getting in his ear and telling him to move.

Unread 20-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Bobda

Woodward delivered 75% of what the manager asked of him in the summer. The notion that he spends every transfer window chasing after Bale and Ronaldo is a bit silly.

Having said that, contract management is something he should be spending more time on. £100m+ worth of players (what we paid, not what they're worth today) potentially signing pre-contracts with other clubs and rocking the boat in 6 weeks time, in an inflated market - very bizarre.
Closed Thread