United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:50 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
agreed ...how stupid of me to think Pogba could have won us those games when we've scored four goals in seven games this season that he's played in

agreed on Shitty ..it was a red card for Kompany and shocking defending by that tit Simpson for their first goal
As I said, Pogba played last season at Watford. The whole team were shit that day just as they were at Huddersfield, & if I remember right he also played at Liverpool & in the 4-0 defeat at Chelsea, a very similar bad run to the one we have just been on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s the same every year. These people drown in their own hyperbole because they think drama separates them from their competition and keeps them hired. Then when City tail off -and I’m not saying they will- they just act like they never said these ludicrous things early doors. If it’s not “unbeaten” it’s quadruples.
2 bad results for City [including a loss at OT] & the pundits will be all over Utd & saying City lack heart

Same with this Pogba issue. last season he was an overpriced fraud, he played poorly in big games & was getting the same flak Lukaku was for not scoring in 7 games, now we cant play without him ! . Too many pundits are too shortsighted & seem to have goldfish like memories . Probably the same pundits who carp on about the type of football we are used to at Utd, seemingly forgetting the last few seasons of SAF's reign, when after that drubbing by City at OT he went every bit as pragmatic as Mourinho

Unread 20-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Saw professional idiots Keown and crooks lavishing ridiculous praise on city including 'we've never seen this kind of football before' (2-0, wasn't It?...) and the inevitable 'they could go the whole season unbeaten'.

Why do pundits have this weird obsession about going unbeaten all season? Like it's anything other than an impressive footnote stat? It's never 'most points' 'most goals' or more important stuff like how much they'll actually win.

Keown even said 'it looks like they'll go unbeaten'

How can it 'Look like' they're going to go unbeaten when there's over half a season left, you stupid ape?

They are always just in the moment. Like they've never observed the swings of form in football. Which is why only one team has gone unbeaten in 120 years.
Obviously it's very easy to sound churlish (and childish) by refusing to give them any credit at all, but I was honestly surprised when I saw their first goal at Leicester earlier. From what I'd read, I was seriously expecting to see one of the all-time great team goals. Instead it was a quite straightforward couple of one-twos through a static defence going to sleep.

Unread 20-11-2017, 02:51 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Obviously it's very easy to sound churlish (and childish) by refusing to give them any credit at all, but I was honestly surprised when I saw their first goal at Leicester earlier. From what I'd read, I was seriously expecting to see one of the all-time great team goals. Instead it was a quite straightforward couple of one-twos through a static defence going to sleep.
They deserve plaudits. They're playing great stuff and are comfortably the best team in the league. You'd have to be a dick to not acknowledge that...... but it's for now. We've seen loads of teams down the years look the business and fall away.

I'm not saying they Will, but maybe wait to see how this season goes before committing their name to the history books.

Best team ever? We don't even know if they're the best team this season yet.

Unread 20-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Making it look simple is the trick.... committing enough men forward & to go beyond the ball is high risk. It's also not quite so high risk as it used to be, as teams are all utter shit at defending these days. United included.

Won't be long before sides physically refuse to leave their box vs City & we'll see how they do then.

Unread 20-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Making it look simple is the trick.... committing enough men forward & to go beyond the ball is high risk. It's also not quite so high risk as it used to be, as teams are all utter shit at defending these days. United included.

Won't be long before sides physically refuse to leave their box vs City & we'll see how they do then.
It's not really high risk for City as if they lose the ball and are vulnerable to a counter attack then they just foul the opposition and end the move, like Barcelona used to do. It enables them to commit people forwards, suffocate teams and win the ball off them in their own half.

It's why, despite people pointing out time and time again what a terrible defence they have, they don't concede many goals because they don't let the other team near their goal with the ball.

Unread 20-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's not really high risk for City as if they lose the ball and are vulnerable to a counter attack then they just foul the opposition and end the move, like Barcelona used to do. It enables them to commit people forwards, suffocate teams and win the ball off them in their own half.

It's why, despite people pointing out time and time again what a terrible defence they have, they don't concede many goals because they don't let the other team near their goal with the ball.
We can all thank Arrigo Sacchi for that addition to the game.

Refs are incapable of understanding how important those innocuous little bumps & whatnot are. Additionally sides are too pathetic to ride one or two out & realise you need to break the first press to get at sides like City.

Unread 20-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Yep.

Same with Barca. When teams actually got in their half, you'd think '£#%&!ing hell, it's 3 on 2 here' but that would happen maybe twice in the whole game and the team would often shit themselves and panic because they hadn't seen the ball for fifteen minutes.

Or score. Once. Not enough.

They don't concede many because they don't do much defending.

Helps when you get let off the hook by the ref too. That would have made it a bit more interesting.

Unread 20-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Refs are incapable of understanding how important those innocuous little bumps & whatnot are. Additionally sides are too pathetic to ride one or two out & realise you need to break the first press to get at sides like City.
Or just play more direct. Get the ball forward really quick from the back to front and hold the ball up.

Teams like Liverpool and City RELY on you trying to 'out football' them and pass out from the back all the time. Then they can press you and get the ball off you. When you don't do that, they get the hump.

Unread 20-11-2017, 03:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Agreed. Everyone uses the tactical foul and lets be honest - more often it's the reactionary side. City get fouled far more than they foul yet it doesn't stop their football.

If you're only going to have 30% of the ball you're not going to create much, but that composure on the break is everything. Teams (including United) have tried to foul Hazard out of games to stop him springing the counter, which has been key for Chelsea in recent years. With great players it usually isn't enough.

Quote:
Or just play more direct. Get the ball forward really quick from the back to front and hold the ball up.

Teams like Liverpool and City RELY on you trying to 'out football' them and pass out from the back all the time. Then they can press you and get the ball off you. When you don't do that, they get the hump.
City are more varied than Liverpool. Klopp wants to make the game frantic and scrappy. He wants a game full of mistakes and wayward passing. Heavy Metal football etc. And once you've been dragged into that, he expects his side to be better prepared. When the game is more controlled, be it by a team parking the bus or being solid positinally, he struggles.

The big concern about opponents of City is that Guardiola, unlike Klopp, keeps finding new answers.

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:13 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The big concern about opponents of City is that Guardiola, unlike Klopp, keeps finding new answers.
its football not £#%&!ing Mastermind

"score more goals than them"

"ok boss"

jesus £#%&!ing christ

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
its football not f***ing Mastermind

"score more goals than them"

"ok boss"

jesus f***ing christ

Forgot to mention passion etc.

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Give Klopp £500m to spend in 12 months and he’d have answers as well I’m sure.

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Give Klopp £500m to spend in 12 months and he’d have answers as well I’m sure.
Perhaps, but I do think he is a bit one dimensional. When he tried to vary the gameplan at Dortmund he nearly relegated them.

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:23 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Forgot to mention passion etc.

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:27 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
I take they were all over Lukaku getting his shirt ripped off his back?
nope didn't even show it

when I watched the highlights on BT even Graham £#%&!ing Poll said it was a stonewall pen

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
nope didn't even show it
Surprise!

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:35 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Surprise!
you can bet if it happened in the other penalty box they would have shown it

Unread 20-11-2017, 04:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
you can bet if it happened in the other penalty box they would have shown it
Goes without saying, would likely have referred to it another half dozen times in the rest of the commentary too.

And they wonder why United fans think they aren't impartial

Unread 20-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Baron

Just watching on catch up & they clearly did show Lukaku’s shirt being ripped off & the commentator stated “you’d certainly seen those given”.

Nothing in the post match analysis as we scored four so

Unread 20-11-2017, 07:35 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Just watching on catch up & they clearly did show Lukaku’s shirt being ripped off & the commentator stated “you’d certainly seen those given”.

Nothing in the post match analysis as we scored four so
it was 1-1 when the incident happened and it could have been pivotal had we not scored again

but thankfully big Poggers and Co remembered Newcastle are £#%&!ing shite
Closed Thread