Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
ok - I'm out

Already looking forward to watching him play at OT for Spurs though obv
Maybe he'll score a hat-trick, boss the match and prove how good he is. More likely he'll get slightly more touches than Bale and basically do £#%&! all.

Unread 29-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry the Berry
People on here are too quick to pigeon hole midfielders as either attacking or defensive.

The good thing about Dembele is that he isn't just a Defensive midfielder or an attacking one. He's both.

He's just an excellent midfielder who can function well in different positions and formations.

Spurs have got a top player, nqat.
bullseye. there's some @#%&!s on here that could work for the vatican for the amount of spin and bullshit they come out with.

Unread 29-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
this is bizarre now. the whole thread is like one enormous stinking pile of straw in the shape a very big man.

United have signed Kagawa.

United need a fighter in the midfield. If people think that's Dembele then fine. He'd be a decent signing instead of Anderson. But as I said already, people have moaned about the midfield for a decade now and just about the only time there was agreement that the midfield was sorted was 2007 - when Anderson £#%&!ing signed in the first place!

Maybe you have evidence of Dembele's fighting spirit and leadership? Maybe you know of his tactical prowess and his superb defensive decision-making maintaining the shape of the team and commanding the pitch from central areas... feel free to share if so. Spurs have bought him in the wake of Modric's departure.
That's my take on it - Chip is reluctant to go for a player who is quite similar to one he already has ... albeit a major improvement as they currently stand. Maybe the plan is to give Anderson the chance to get his monumental arse into gear, and become the player that Dembele already is - hence no need for Dembele?

I personally don't see Anderson getting in shape and staying in shape long enough to hit the level it looked like he could have reached - but I'm not the manager and it isn't up to me.

Much more pissed off about Martinez because he's bang on the button for what we need - his Club has let him leave, he's willing to leave, we have the £30M that didn't go on Hazard or Moura ... yet we're nowhere to be seen?

SAF obviously thinks he needs another quick attacking player as opposed to a stronger more defensive one for some reason...

Unread 29-08-2012, 03:40 PM
red in cumbria

IMO, it is Anderson - rather than, as some allege, Scholes and Giggs - who is the real problem.

Amazingly, incredibly, unbelievably, SAF *still* seems to think that he will somehow come good - every few months he will chunter on about his "potential". It has been said before (not least by me) but bears repeating - he has now been here longer than Cantona was :shakehead:

Does anybody out there (OK, Tibs aside ) still share Freggles faith??

Unread 29-08-2012, 03:42 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
IMO, it is Anderson - rather than, as some allege, Scholes and Giggs - who is the real problem.

Amazingly, incredibly, unbelievably, SAF *still* seems to think that he will somehow come good - every few months he will chunter on about his "potential". It has been said before (not least by me) but bears repeating - he has now been here longer than Cantona was :shakehead:

Does anybody out there (OK, Tibs aside ) still share Freggles faith??
I haven't written him off but I've long since given up defending him on here.

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:15 PM
captain scarlet

Agree with throb. He'll probably do nothing just like last.........wait..........

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:18 PM
charliesharkey

no faith in anderson. no poise and also brainless.

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:18 PM
saffers

Martinez would cost 55m euros when you add on the tax for paying his buyout clause. Value??

Explains why even City couldn't pull it off.

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Agree with Scarlet tbh, Dembele was second best for most of the game to Cleverley and Kagawa...

bit harsh blaming him for the 2nd United goal though seeing as he was nowhere to be seen... oh wait...

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:30 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Agree with Scarlet tbh, Dembele was second best for most of the game to Cleverley and Kagawa...

bit harsh blaming him for the 2nd United goal though seeing as he was nowhere to be seen... oh wait...
Shame you can't be as critical with some of our midfielders tbh

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Tottenham Hotspur‏@SpursOfficial

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Fulham for the transfer of Mousa Dembele. More details to follow
Quote:
Henry Winter‏@henrywinter

Javi Martinez is a great signing by Bayern Munich. He's a ball-winner, a ball-user, a centre-half, a central-midfielder and a leader
Have i missed any players also mentioned in this thread?

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:38 PM
captain scarlet

Why are we even bothering to debate this non-entity of a player?

Close the thread.

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Shame you can't be as critical with some of our midfielders tbh
eh? this forum is like a twilight world sometimes

i've dismissed anderson long since and have been calling for fletcher to be £#%&!ed off since well before his arse fell out ffs

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:40 PM
JakeB

Quote:
eh? this forum is like a twilight world sometimes

i've dismissed anderson long since and have been calling for fletcher to be £#%&!ed off since well before his arse fell out ffs
I thought you were an advocate of not really needing a midfielder? Maybe I'm wrong. Apologies if I am.

If I'm not, that means you're happy with Carrick, Cleverley and Scholes. Alright then.

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
Why are we even bothering to debate this non-entity of a player?

Close the thread.
I don't really agree with about dembele being £#%&!ing gash

he's a good player ffs

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Sloppy

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 29-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Unread 29-08-2012, 05:01 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
love that one

Unread 29-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

at least after this summer we know the blame for midfield has nothing to do with the debt.
Closed Thread