United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 08-05-2023, 10:36 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He's fine but he's not a miracle worker. He's gone from Kroos and Modric to trying to cover for Fred.

Best midfielder we've had for years and people are now giving it the "not arsed if he goes"

Yes, he hasn't been great since the suspensions, but one of the first names on the team sheet. Just try and get some better names on there with im.

And if he goes to Bayern, you except a decent fee?
I genuinely struggle to understand where people are coming from sometimes.

If he goes he goes, but people acting like they're happy about it. Really bizarre.

I'm far more concerned about our managers inability to pick a decent set-up away from home than casemiro at the moment.

Unread 08-05-2023, 10:46 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

If he goes he goes, but people acting like they're happy about it. Really bizarre.

I'm far more concerned about our managers inability to pick a decent set-up away from home than casemiro at the moment.
Totally. ETH has £#%&!ed up a lot post World Cup.

Odd though that Dunk thinks a smart club like Bayern would pay more than we did for Casemiro, when he himself was moaning pre season that we overpaid for a past it player who was only turning up for a pay check.

Unread 08-05-2023, 10:53 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Where has this casemiro is off talk come from?

Really strange tbh.

Having said that, if they wanted a swap deal with Mane i think about it.

Unread 08-05-2023, 10:56 AM
dunk

You just completely ignored the ‘if’ re: the fee if selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Really strange tbh.

Been a few snippets that Tuchel wants him at Munich, someone said he looks like he’s given up (not me). I just said I wouldn’t be devastated if he left and we got our money back. Controversial obvs.

Unread 08-05-2023, 11:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Really strange tbh.

Twitter no doubt.

He's not going anywhere.

Unread 09-05-2023, 08:15 AM
puressence

its coming from @#%&!s s like marlo

Unread 09-05-2023, 09:46 AM
windy waffles

People coming for The Big Dog.

Clueless.

He's the best midfielder we have had since Roy Keane.

The whole team has been shit for the past couple of months not just him.

Unread 09-05-2023, 11:03 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Keane was never shit. Regardless of the rest of the team. Robson wasn’t either.

Case-meh-ro…

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:01 PM
The taste of...

I’m not convinced his form has dropped as much as we hadn’t seen
a midfielder for ten years…. and we’ve now become a bit more accustomed
to him

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
I’m not convinced his form has dropped as much as we hadn’t seen
a midfielder for ten years…. and we’ve now become a bit more accustomed
to him
He’s a good player but “best midfielder since Keane” is laughable. Carrick was better.

I said it in silvs thread but I think Martinez has been more important for the team than Casemiro.

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s a good player but “best midfielder since Keane” is laughable. Carrick was better.

I said it in silvs thread but I think Martinez has been more important for the team than Casemiro.
Yup and yup.

Bruno, Rashers and Martinez are our most important players.

Unread 09-05-2023, 10:13 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yup and yup.

Bruno, Rashers and Martinez are our most important players.
100%. Martinez (and to a lesser extent, Varane) allows the team to relax. Both Martinez and Varane have a sublime range of passing allowing for a quick transition from defence to attack, which really plays into Rashford’s strengths too (pace, aggression etc).

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:30 PM
NedKelly

Anyone else feeling a bit ‘meh’ about him atm? Definitely need another defensive mid in the summer (alongside a striker obvs).

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:36 PM
red in cumbria

Far too soon to write him off, can see him bouncing back from this spell of poorer form next season.

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:37 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Anyone else feeling a bit ‘meh’ about him atm? Definitely need another defensive mid in the summer (alongside a striker obvs).

More concerned about if he can tot enough points up for a Wembley suspension. Looks like a booking a game from now. How does it add up?

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Far too soon to write him off, can see him bouncing back from this spell of poorer form next season.
I’m not writing him off, I just think we need competition for his place and someone who can play instead when he’s being as reckless as he currently is.

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:44 PM
red in cumbria

Competition is (almost) always good, that's not quite the same as saying Casemiro is "meh".

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Competition is (almost) always good, that's not quite the same as saying Casemiro is "meh".
But his performances lately have been a bit ‘meh’ you finding him a joy to watch atm then pal?

Oh wait, you don’t even watch football

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yup

Although I think it down to being £#%&!ed after the season we’ve had, I know he’s missed like 37 games through suspension but the mid season WC has had its toll on a lot of players.

But if he getting that Brighton lad in, he looks rather good.

Unread 13-05-2023, 06:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
But his performances lately have been a bit ‘meh’ you finding him a joy to watch atm then pal?

Oh wait, you don’t even watch football
I mean, did you see my previous post?

People are too short-termist these days nqat.