United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Default RvP n Rooney

Who on here actually believes they will form a partnership

Rapey will be played as the front man so Rooney will be given a 'free/false/whatever shite is en-vogue' role

As most of us have been grumbling about for the last couple of yrs, Rooney isn't a No.10 so how are these two gonna work

I fear frogspawn will play Rapey & welbers, Rooney & pea

I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong but either way RvP won't be winning the golden boot next season because we won't be targeting him with the first touch like they were last season. Hopefully less dependence on him will see him flourish!

Unread 17-08-2012, 01:56 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling

Rapey will be played as the front man so Rooney will be given a 'free/false/whatever shite is en-vogue' role

As most of us have been grumbling about for the last couple of yrs, Rooney isn't a No.10 so how are these two gonna work

I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong but either way RvP won't be winning the golden boot next season because we won't be targeting him with the first touch like they were last season. Hopefully less dependence on him will see him flourish!
To be honest, I think one of the positives to come out of this transfer will be it's effect on Rooney's psyche. He has been the big, undroppable fish for too long and that leads to complacency, complacency that has been evident in his form from time to time. A little competition, uncertainty and fear might do him the world of good.

To answer your question I think RVP/Rooney up top is the default pairing to start, but if either falter I hope Fergie has the 'nads to give Welbs and Cheech their due.

Unread 17-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Alan

How about seeing how it pans out before predicting mega doom already? ffs

Unread 17-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Stickman

Default at home

they should both be pushed right up with Kagawa playmaking ahead of the midfield.

The signing rasies more questions in my eyes as with what to do with Nani/Valencia/Young.

Its a teaser but a nice one because at the end of the day, the perceived best 11 players are seldom ever fit at the same time.

Look at the CL final in Moscow, first time that side had ever started together yet it was without doubt the strongest we could put out.

Unread 17-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
How about seeing how it pans out before predicting mega doom already? ffs
Mega doom? Get a grip

Your Fred cliche bingo generator needs recalibrating pol

There isn't a single instance of 'doom' in my post

Or are you not allowed to discuss what the manager might do now for fear of being labelled a doomer or shoot-crewer

By your reckoning we should all shut the £#%&! up until May because only then we will 'see how it pans out' :£#%&!er:

Unread 17-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Coracao

So, he's bringing in van Persie and not bothering to play him with our best player?

Can't see it tbh.

Unread 17-08-2012, 09:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Mega doom? Get a grip

Or are you not allowed to discuss what the manager might do now for fear of being labelled a doomer or shoot-crewer

By your reckoning we should all shut the £#%&! up until May because only then we will 'see how it pans out' :£#%&!er:
I don't think you are tbh.

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:08 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
So, he's bringing in van Persie and not bothering to play him with our best player?

Can't see it tbh.
Rooney has the ability to be our best player but seldom delivers performances that warrant being labelled as that IMO.

However, the additions of two quality footballers in Van Persie and Kagawa will hopefully prove a catalyst for Rooney to rediscover his ability to play football at his top level, consistently.

For me Van Persie is a much more gifted footballer and should be our main focal point going forward and thus played more centrally. However, the fluidity of our forward players has always been a feature of Ferguson's best teams so with the options he's got now with RvP, Rooney, Nani and Welbz, all of whom have the ability play across the front, we could see some good football again

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Can't see it tbh.
You would hope not, but have you seen the quotes from yesterday?

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:18 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:

What time EXACTLY do you stop drinking ? ...Threads and texts only seem to appear from you around the early hours of the morning

Normally incoherent ramblings too

Unread 17-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
What time EXACTLY do you stop drinking ? ...Threads and texts only seem to appear from you around the early hours of the morning

Normally incoherent ramblings too
Get £#%&!ed ears!

Not had a drop this week

Unread 17-08-2012, 11:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
To be honest, I think one of the positives to come out of this transfer will be it's effect on Rooney's psyche. He has been the big, undroppable fish for too long and that leads to complacency, complacency that has been evident in his form from time to time. A little competition, uncertainty and fear might do him the world of good.
Agreed, I think it will help Rooney hugely. Despite all the talk about him being motivated by money, I reckon he genuinely did become frustrated and disillusioned at the drop-off in quality of his team-mates post Rome. I'm not sure it'll be so much about extra competition, but bringing in a world-class player like van Persie (and Kagawa) will hopefully spark him into regaining that form he showed in 09/10.

Unread 17-08-2012, 11:59 AM
believe

Rooney will thrive off the arrival of van Persie nqat. I think Rooney has had a lot to handle at United over the last two or three years seeing as he's been expected to be our star player as well as being the educator and experience in a transitional side. You could tell in almost every game last season that the burden was carrying heavily on his shoulders.

This signing should take all that pressure away and the challenge now for Rooney, is to prove that his rant two years ago means something. He's threatened to be one the all time greats since he was 16 and never he came close despite having some very good seasons. Now is his time imo, he's reaching what should be his prime and he's got a squad around him that should allow him to express himself the most.

If the midfield can steer clear of injuries this year and certain people, Anderson being the prime suspect, step up the challenge this could be potentially Uniteds best footballing side since 2008.

It's going to be heartbreaking when it all goes to shit in October and Carricks and Fletcher are playing at centre half in front of Giggs and Scholes.

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Alan

Quote:
Mega doom? Get a grip

You've said you think they won't form a partnership, and RVP will be less effective. How do you know what's going to happen?
They're both good all round players who can score and create, so there's no reason they can't play together.
United sign last seasons player of the year and people are being negative before he's even kicked a ball ffs.
Well done on getting some abuse in though, nice touch.

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Liu Jian

------Van Persie
----------------Rooney
Kagawa-----------------Nani

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Rooney will thrive off the arrival of van Persie nqat. I think Rooney has had a lot to handle at United over the last two or three years seeing as he's been expected to be our star player as well as being the educator and experience in a transitional side. You could tell in almost every game last season that the burden was carrying heavily on his shoulders.

This signing should take all that pressure away and the challenge now for Rooney, is to prove that his rant two years ago means something. He's threatened to be one the all time greats since he was 16 and never he came close despite having some very good seasons. Now is his time imo, he's reaching what should be his prime and he's got a squad around him that should allow him to express himself the most.

If the midfield can steer clear of injuries this year and certain people, Anderson being the prime suspect, step up the challenge this could be potentially Uniteds best footballing side since 2008.

It's going to be heartbreaking when it all goes to shit in October and Carricks and Fletcher are playing at centre half in front of Giggs and Scholes.
Giggs and Scholes sweeping .

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:02 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Get £#%&!ed ears!

Not had a drop this week
:shakehead: Bit touchy this morning hey pal ....sleep it off mate, be ok after a couple more hours and a glass of oj and paracetamol

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
------Van Persie
----------------Rooney
Kagawa-----------------Nani
2-1 Wigan

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
You've said you think they won't form a partnership, and RVP will be less effective. How do you know what's going to happen?
They're both good all round players who can score and create, so there's no reason they can't play together.
United sign last seasons player of the year and people are being negative before he's even kicked a ball ffs.
Well done on getting some abuse in though, nice touch.
How have I abused you in that post I certainly didn't mean to sorry

I think they can form a partnership, my worry is though that they won't be permitted to

I'm over the moon about the signing mate I really am! If the tone of my first post comes off as doomy it wasn't meant to I just worry that tinkering and what not may mean we don't see the best out of both of them (e.g my worry that Rooney will be seen even more as a #10)

Unread 17-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
:shakehead: Bit touchy this morning hey pal ....sleep it off mate, be ok after a couple more hours and a glass of oj and paracetamol
Bite me!

I've been up all bastard night with George so stick your drunk/hangover jokes up your arse
Closed Thread