United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:22 AM
armchair

Willian brace sinks United

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
This.

Don't expect logic to get through to thick @#%&!s though.
Ciddy unbeaten with a points tally never before achieved. Jose one and a half seasons in, but not top. Waaaaaaaah, sack the manager.

Who’s the thick @#%&!, pal?

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:27 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Ciddy unbeaten with a points tally never before achieved. Jose one and a half seasons in, but not top. Waaaaaaaah, sack the manager.

Who’s the thick @#%&!, pal?
Their manager's "one and a half seasons in" too.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:32 AM
Tiberian

Conte can be even more negative than Mourinho so expecting them to create a micro-climate of hypersomnia spreading out from OT.

Hope they go against type and it is close to watchable.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:34 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Brentford, possibly?
Don't class brentford as London tbh. Middlesex.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:42 AM
Part 36 Offer

Can see us losing this. It’s a must win but best we can hope for is a dire draw.

How’s it come to this?

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:51 AM
armchair

Williian coming into form.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:56 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Can see us losing this. It’s a must win but best we can hope for is a dire draw.

How’s it come to this?
It's not a must win. And since when were we confident of beating Chelsea at home?

We beat them last season and before that it was draws and losses for a good few seasons.

They're a good side, it'll be a tight game.

Unread 25-02-2018, 01:30 AM
goldfinger II

Would be happy enough to see us "turn up" for a big league game for the first time in Mourinho's tenure, regardless of result.

Unread 25-02-2018, 01:34 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Would be happy enough to see us "turn up" for a big league game for the first time in Mourinho's tenure, regardless of result.
This fixture a year ago??

Unread 25-02-2018, 01:47 AM
utd99

Can’t remember a big game I’ve been less arsed about. I think we’re a poor team with weak characters, and as such my expectations -even for a bit of entertainment- have dwindled to zero. I feel more like I’m bearing witness than following my team these days.

Unread 25-02-2018, 01:57 AM
Stickman

Nil £#%&!ing nil

Twenty times twenty tiiiiiiimes......

Unread 25-02-2018, 02:11 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This fixture a year ago??
Fair enough. Any others?

Unread 25-02-2018, 02:21 AM
Cream

Quote:
Fair enough. Any others?
Arsenal away, Spurs home x2.

Unread 25-02-2018, 02:27 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Arsenal is a good shout. Don't agree about Spurs though. We won but weren't good. Fair enough, there are a couple of exceptions so I was wrong to say it hasn't happened before. I think it is fair to say that it hardly ever does, though.

Quote:
Arsenal is a good shout. Don't agree about Spurs though. We won but weren't good. Fair enough, there are a couple of exceptions so I was wrong to say it hasn't happened before. I think it is fair to say that it hardly ever does, though.
Pay no attention to me, man. Had a load of wine and going to have more.

Unread 25-02-2018, 03:20 AM
Shade

Quote:
The Chelsea game at OT last season is really the only one against the decent sides where Mourinho's United genuinely turned up, played quite well and convincingly beat them.

In the Arsenal away game, despite the goals, United basically played poorly, hung on for dear life for most of it and if Arsenal could finish they would have got something or possibly even won the game.

The last two Tottenham games at Old Trafford, United were unconvincing with Spurs dominating most of both games. Lucky to win both.

As usual, the scoreline alone does not tell the whole story about the performance of the football on the pitch.

These three games have been the Top Red's desperate go-to excuse to try and convince people that United are awesome against the Top 6 and that there's nothing wrong. How about the last 2 away games against Tottenham? Or the last 2 aways at Chelsea? Or even away at Arsenal last season? lmao.

Unread 25-02-2018, 03:26 AM
dunk

Wasn’t it the Chelsea game that was just after Zlat did his knee meaning he had to play Rashers up top and he put Lingard with him, almost 4-4-2, and Pogba was splendid in an sort of diamond midfield of 4?

His preferred tactic wasn’t an option and he got one of, if not the, best result and performance of his tenure thus far..

Unread 25-02-2018, 08:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Moaning @#%&!s

“Oh well, we won but didn’t play well.... not good enough for me”

Is that worse than playing well and not winning? Or you want both. Then you want both as well as yoof from the academy.... then you want us to spend more but not happy because the big money player is keeping the young un out or the big money player must be shit because the young un is keeping him out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Not good enough pal. Need to beat rats home and away, ditto Berts with 10 youth players cos Mou doesn’t give em a chance

Martin £#%&!ing Atkinson reffing his fave team again.

The fa obvs impressed with his past gifts to this lot

Unread 25-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Harri Jaffa

We are gonna get dry butt £#%&!ed. Agree with armers, Willian is gonna do well, we can't handle players running with the ball.

3 - 1 Chelsea. Put the 1 in just as hope more than anything though tbph

Unread 25-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Denis Irwell

Not confident. No momentum leading up ....