United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 26-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Switching Off

Default Jason Park

Retiring.

RIP LEDGE

Quote:
QPR midfielder Ji-Sung Park is set to retire from football at the end of next season, according to his father.

The 32-year-old has struggled since signing from Manchester United in a £2m deal last summer and is ready to call an end to his career even if QPR avoid relegation from the Premier League.

The South Korean, who signed a two-year contract at Loftus Road, has failed to find the fitness and form that saw him win a Champions League medal and four Premier League titles at Old Trafford.

His father Sung-jong Park said: "Nobody knows the future; maybe he could play one more year with a new team after next season. But I think [Ji-Sung] has made his mind up to retire. He thinks he's played enough.

"He's never had times like this with PSV Eindhoven or Manchester United. My son has had difficult times at QPR this season; it was a new experience to him.

"Ji-sung said it's difficult to keep his feel for the game as his playing time is inconsistent, but he doesn't have any hard feelings."

Unread 26-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Ginners

10 years too late

Unread 26-03-2013, 02:50 PM
elhombre

4 four £#%&!ing PL medals and a CL medal. i mean he's been OK for us, but that is some haul considering his ability.

Unread 26-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Jethro

£#%&!ing hell Leaving us must have hit him hard

Unread 26-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Zorg

Unread 26-03-2013, 02:56 PM
dodger

This might suggest we held on to him a bit too long

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:00 PM
naes_sean

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
This might suggest we held on to him a bit too long
New to Froggles pal?

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Jez Quigley

Football Some

embarrassing revisionism going on here.

JSP was a crucial player for us who allowed Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney etc the chance to express their talents.

I liked him, I like him and dammit, I will always like him (Ji) sung (park) in my best Whitney Houston voice

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:11 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley

JSP was a crucial player for us who allowed Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney etc the chance to express their talents.

I liked him, I like him and dammit, I will always like him (Ji) sung (park) in my best Whitney Houston voice
Fair shout but they both left a few years ago. He didn't do a lot in his last 3 or so seasons.

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:

That's all true but I still think he played far too many games for someone of such limited ability.

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Ginners

Quote:
JSP was a crucial player for us

jez cracks me up

proper comedian

wasted in the oil industry

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

a squad player, a grafter that was then elevated to something he wasn't while also coinciding with a slide in his abilities and strength.

Watching him chase after toure at the ethihad was not a nice image, was like a fly with injured wings chasing after a horse. Pointless.

But the other games, the ones that weren't supposed to be that much of a challenge, where he fell over by himself, time after time. It was like he forgot how to run. Shocking to witness.

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:30 PM
MJ Ramone

He scored far too many crucial goals against despised opponents for me to have anything other than fond memories of him.
Down to earth, quiet guy as well which is another plus point in these days of self promotion & obscene ego.

He stayed at United a season too long.
His involvement last year was a shambles, particularly away at City..Fergie playing him in European Cup Finals out of sentiment was equally ridiculous.

All the best Ji

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:31 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
He scored far too many crucial goals against despised opponents for me to have anything other than fond memories of him.
Down to earth, quiet guy as well which is another plus point in these days of self promotion & obscene ego.

He stayed at United a season too long.
His involvement last year was a shambles, particularly away at City..Fergie playing him in European Cup Finals out of sentiment was equally ridiculous.

All the best Ji
I genuinely don't remember him doing anything in that match other than falling over :shakehead:

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I genuinely don't remember him doing anything in that match other than falling over :shakehead:
Shocking performance & a scandalous decision from Fergie to pick him.
He'd been out injured for months in advance iirc
Fergie places too much stock in good luck charms & omens these days. Park was in no fit state to start a Title decider like that:shakehead:

Unread 26-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Sparky***

can't even shine in a dogshit outfit like QPR.

scored a couple of goals against arsenal but on the whole was £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 26-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
can't even shine in a dogshit outfit like QPR.

scored a couple of goals against arsenal but on the whole was £#%&!ing shite.
Word.

Unread 26-03-2013, 04:06 PM
carlosartorial

Had some good games but the overriding memory of him is that he was genuinely terrible at not falling over.

Unread 26-03-2013, 05:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Fair shout but they both left a few years ago. He didn't do a lot in his last 3 or so seasons.
Even in 2010-11 he had his share of good games - it was only in his final season that he outstayed his welcome here, really.