United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:31 PM
Hyman_Roth

For all the mctom’s misgivings, you really think he would drop him after a mom performance if, as we’re led to believe, he’s trying to build fragile confidence and support within the dressing room?

Nah.

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:34 PM
atticusgrinch

We play these players who are shit at team play:

The Scottish Player - "OMG he scored 2 he has to start"
Rashford "OMG he scored 30 goals last season he has to play"

And wonder why the team looks disjointed and disorganised. We can probs get away with Bruno as a number 10. At least he works hard. The more of these 'mavericks' we play, especially if they're hiding from the ball or jogging around, the less the team will be playing as an effective unit.

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:36 PM
suedeshoes

Can't drop a lad who just won us the game.

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
For all the mctom’s misgivings, you really think he would drop him after a mom performance if, as we’re led to believe, he’s trying to build fragile confidence and support within the dressing room?

Nah.
He won't, but he should. Just like he should have dropped Rashford 3 months ago.

If we play The Scottish Player at Anfield, we will get brutalised.

It has to be Mainoo and Amrabat (in the absence of Casemiro) against the dippers.

Has to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Hate to admit it but i agree with this 100% doesn’t offer enough to start as a midfielder and historically would have been used was an impact sub
He's basically a white spotty Fellaini.

Unread 07-12-2023, 03:30 PM
armchair

Once you get past our press we are wide open, unfortunately. Chelsea could've easily scored a couple.

Apparently, Bournemouth are on a good run too.

Quote:
Stew: The team showed they can sit back and wait in the second half and did it well. It was good to see Kieffer Moore show what he can do as he has not had much playing time. His goal - set up by the other sub Philip Billing - was first class and very clean. Bring on United. We will surprise them.

Clive: We are beginning to adapt to Andoni Iraola's style and it reminds me of Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa side. Ryan Christie must be covering an enormous amount of ground each game.

Greg: Now we are playing Iraola-ball, things are starting to click. This season will not be a walk in the park but it will not be a close call either. Hoping for a mid-table finish with a few 'aces' to come back to the squad. Onwards and upwards!

Unread 07-12-2023, 03:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
We play these players who are shit at team play:

The Scottish Player - "OMG he scored 2 he has to start"
Rashford "OMG he scored 30 goals last season he has to play"

And wonder why the team looks disjointed and disorganised. We can probs get away with Bruno as a number 10. At least he works hard. The more of these 'mavericks' we play, especially if they're hiding from the ball or jogging around, the less the team will be playing as an effective unit.
Would be absolutely mental management to pick players based on them playing well.

Unread 07-12-2023, 03:56 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Would be absolutely mental management to pick players based on them playing well.
Are you saying Rashford and The Scottish Player are playing well? Don't really get your point, if you have one tbh.

Unread 07-12-2023, 03:57 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 07-12-2023, 04:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Are you saying Rashford and The Scottish Player are playing well? Don't really get your point, if you have one tbh.
How can you say The Scottish Player ISNT playing well ffs?

It's ok to say he's not the answer to our midfield problems but he's still playing well. Man of the match last night with two match winning goals and he's our top scorer - he's playing well. He had a very good game last night, no?

Unread 07-12-2023, 07:16 PM
pedr0

how do you fit in both Bruno and The Scottish Player in a free role, and still have some discipline and solidity in midfield?

the answer:

Ralf rangnicks 4-2-2-2

Unread 07-12-2023, 08:32 PM
Knockers

Taking my 6 year old for his second ever game. First was against Crystal bastard Palace. We’d better score ffs.

Unread 07-12-2023, 09:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
How can you say The Scottish Player ISNT playing well ffs?

It's ok to say he's not the answer to our midfield problems but he's still playing well. Man of the match last night with two match winning goals and he's our top scorer - he's playing well. He had a very good game last night, no?
Easily you daft @#%&!. He's playing in midfield and made 22 passes. It's not complicated.

Unread 07-12-2023, 09:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Easily you daft @#%&!. He's playing in midfield and made 22 passes. It's not complicated.
You alright, mate?

He scored twice which won us the 3 points, got man of the match but didn't play well.

OK mate, carry on with your stroke.

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Nah.
I wouldn’t change much given it’s one of our better performances this season, but he still isn’t the long-term solution. He’s started nearly every game since he got his 2 against Brentford.

Unread 08-12-2023, 12:18 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
You alright, mate?

He scored twice which won us the 3 points, got man of the match but didn't play well.

OK mate, carry on with your stroke.
Would you start him with Mainoo or Amrabat at Anfield?

Unread 08-12-2023, 11:04 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I'm the biggest advocate for beefing up the midfield but why change the team right after a great/huge performance like last night?

No, it wasn't Turin '99 but with this team now, surely we just need to keep it ticking over. I'd 100% change it for Anfield, mind
Quote:
Would you start him with Mainoo or Amrabat at Anfield?
As I said above.

I've been saying that Amrabat and Mainoo are what's needed for much better teams, especially away, so that's what I'd go for. What I will say though is The Scottish Player probably isn't being asked to sit and protect the back 4. So it'd be a tactical change and not because I don't like the lad. How it should be.

Unread 08-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Bruno one booking away from missing the Liverpool game, so I think we all know what’s coming tomorrow…

Unread 08-12-2023, 01:53 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Bruno one booking away from missing the Liverpool game, so I think we all know what’s coming tomorrow…
Played three, won none, scored none, conceded twelve with him at Anfield

Unread 08-12-2023, 01:55 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Played three, won none, scored none, conceded twelve with him at Anfield
He's always been a shit goalkeeper

Unread 08-12-2023, 06:30 PM
My Name is Heath

Reckon The Scottish Player will score tomorrow

Reminds me of The Running Man when the old lady in the audience is asked which person will get the next kill and she replies “Ben Richards”

Yes, effing The Scottish Player will score tomorrow. I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my bones