United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-05-2024, 05:57 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Unfortunately won't be when they get found not guilty which makes it even harder to stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
is there a precedent? most charges ever filed to then be found not guilty of every one? if it does happen i suspect it will be a first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Really hope I am proved wrong but can't see it
Most of the charges are non co-operation. You would think that carry’s a harsher punishment like refusing to blow on a breath test does?

Anyway Leeds more modest achievements seem to be considered ill gotten and tainted… especially thanks to the court of Cloughie

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:57 PM
Zorg

Seems weird there’s no mechanism for immediate punishment for non-cooperation. If a player misses a drugs test they don’t launch a court case.

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:59 PM
Mou Mou Land

Ask Rio.

Unread 15-05-2024, 10:54 PM
The taste of...

Was goading some Bert’s on this the other day

One sent me this ……. 2014

https://amp.theguardian.com/environm...roach-fracking

Unread 16-05-2024, 01:06 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
Was goading some Bert’s on this the other day

One sent me this ……. 2014

https://amp.theguardian.com/environm...roach-fracking
Clueless if he is comparing INEOS to Abu Dhabi

Unread 18-05-2024, 01:20 PM
no fun

Disassociation?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...atest-29193649

Unread 18-05-2024, 01:33 PM
Whip Hubley

The absolute state of that article

"And the absence of an explanation for his decision this year allows for unnecessary speculation to fester – rather like the Premier League charges against the champions."

They can't be this stupid. Can they?

Unread 18-05-2024, 01:53 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
The absolute state of that article

"And the absence of an explanation for his decision this year allows for unnecessary speculation to fester – rather like the Premier League charges against the champions."

They can't be this stupid. Can they?
Yes.

Reach are absolutely on their arse. The MEN'll be sucking the #@&%!s of the @#%&!s driving the Abu Dhabi gravy train right up until they're convicted, at the very least.

Unread 18-05-2024, 02:22 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Yes.

Reach are absolutely on their arse. The MEN'll be sucking the #@&%!s of the @#%&!s driving the Abu Dhabi gravy train right up until they're convicted, at the very least.
Yeah they certainly will unfortunately

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:02 PM
Sparky***

Yeah, they won’t be punished.

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:14 PM
NedKelly

Remember a few on here saying they’d prefer City to win 4 in a row over Liverpool winning the league because “they’ll have their titles rescinded”.

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:25 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Remember a few on here saying they’d prefer City to win 4 in a row over Liverpool winning the league because “they’ll have their titles rescinded”.

I think most people said they’d rather City won 4 in a row than Liverpool because there would always be an asterisk, and they despise Liverpool more. (Also my own view)

If anyone thought they’d be rescinded then that’s pretty naïve.

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post

For me personally it's nothing to do with if they have their titles taken away or not - it just means £#%&! all. Regardless of the outcome, every man and his dog in the football world knows that the titles are illegitimate and they've financially doped their way. Does anyone, outside of city fans, think they're a great/big club? Do they £#%&!. They're the flagship of a conglomerate, nothing more than a UAE promotional advert dressed in blue.

Also, get used to it - if there are no serious repercussions, they'll have caught up to our 13 PL titles in the next decade. The game has changed immeasurably, it's not like they've won it using a core of home grown players, they've won it by spending £2bn of quite frankly illegitimate cash and cherry picking playing and coaching staff from top to bottom.

Give me a Bert "4 in a row" any day of the week over a £#%&!ing 20th for the dippers

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:30 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Give me a Bert "4 in a row" any day of the week over a £#%&!ing 20th for the dippers

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:31 PM
Sparky***

If they’re aren’t punished then I think it’s on the remaining premier league clubs to take the premier league to court.

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:38 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
If they’re aren’t punished then I think it’s on the remaining premier league clubs to take the premier league to court.
The decision to charge them isn't on the Premier League is it? Well not officially. Isn't it up to an independent commission (not that I honestly believe it is completely independent). But the Premier League can say they had nothing to do with any punishments, or lack thereof.

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:40 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
For me personally it's nothing to do with if they have their titles taken away or not - it just means £#%&! all. Regardless of the outcome, every man and his dog in the football world knows that the titles are illegitimate and they've financially doped their way. Does anyone, outside of city fans, think they're a great/big club? Do they £#%&!. They're the flagship of a conglomerate, nothing more than a UAE promotional advert dressed in blue.

Also, get used to it - if there are no serious repercussions, they'll have caught up to our 13 PL titles in the next decade. The game has changed immeasurably, it's not like they've won it using a core of home grown players, they've won it by spending £2bn of quite frankly illegitimate cash and cherry picking playing and coaching staff from top to bottom.

Also, and nobody in the press or tv media ever mentions this, they never lose any players in their prime do they? Never any links for Aguero, Silva, KDB etc to go to Real, Barca or any other club like we had at our peak or like the scousers or other bigger teams. Why aren't they linked? Because everyone knows, from foreigns teams to agents it's not worth enquiring as nobody can match their off the book wages

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
Also, and nobody in the press or tv media ever mentions this, they never lose any players in their prime do they? Never any links for Aguero, Silva, KDB etc to go to Real, Barca or any other club like we had at our peak or like the scousers or other bigger teams. Why aren't they linked? Because everyone knows, from foreigns teams to agents it's not worth enquiring as nobody can match their off the book wages
This.

They have £100 million Jack Grealish on the bench. 3 goals all season, fewer than Antony. Nobody says a word, because nobody really gives a shit. They're a small club of cheats, basically.

It's a farcical situation when despite the best efforts of the pundits to pretend everything's normal, all news items on their win are met with a tidal wave of fans calling them cheats. The premier league is a complete joke.

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:47 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
The decision to charge them isn't on the Premier League is it? Well not officially. Isn't it up to an independent commission (not that I honestly believe it is completely independent). But the Premier League can say they had nothing to do with any punishments, or lack thereof.
They've been charged, by the Premier League, the independent commission decides whether or not they are guilty. If found guilty, I have no idea who decides the punishment.

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
They've been charged, by the Premier League, the independent commission decides whether or not they are guilty. If found guilty, I have no idea who decides the punishment.
A committee made up of Noel Gallagher, Johnny Marr and Curly Watts.