United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2012, 09:48 PM
kandred

2nd August 2011 United sent a side out to play Marseille in Monaco. About 7 of us there. Fergie managed the side and Evra was captain. Beat that

Unread 14-12-2012, 04:11 PM
elephantstone

Celtic away about 5 years ago, it was a preseason midweek and there was about 300 reds. Loads were getting thrown out for drunkeness can you believe it in Glasgow?

Unread 14-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Argentina

The 2-0 Roma game with Ronnie's header there were hardly any of us there.

For about 30 minutes we were just pelted with coins, stones and food by the Roma fans from our left

Unread 14-12-2012, 04:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
The 2-0 Roma game with Ronnie's header there were hardly any of us there.

For about 30 minutes we were just pelted with coins, stones and food by the Roma fans from our left
Do they even watch the game?

Unread 14-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Do they even watch the game?
It was class. I remember Viva Ronaldo was going from about the 20th minute until about the 36th minute. It died down a bit then he scored around 38th minute and it went back up for the rest of the half.

Good times all round

Unread 14-12-2012, 11:25 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Inter away in 97 preseason friendly. Fat Ronaldo's debut. I was on a trip around Europe with the ex and by sheer co-incidence we happened to be in Milan when I realised United were in town (lucky hey?). Seen two lads on the tram in the day getting tickets one red one Everton fan, a Gothenburg Reds flag in the ground and one lad with a United top who when I started speaking to him said he was Italian and he couldn't understand a word I said. That's it. There must have been more but £#%&!ed if I could see them.

Unread 15-12-2012, 06:30 AM
bcred

Vancouver Whitecaps v United in 82 I think.
I'd just moved here a year earlier and United played in Vancouver.

Maybe 14 k in the crowd,no idea how many reds,loads of plastics though.
Funny thing about that game,they announced that United would be "in attendance" at a local hotel bar. Of course we show up and spent the evening drinking with Buchan Birtles and a few others. (memory is going)

I found this on you tube,maybe you eagle eyes can spot who's playing for us.

Shite quality vid,sorry.

Unread 17-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Alty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
Inter away in 97 preseason friendly. Fat Ronaldo's debut. I was on a trip around Europe with the ex and by sheer co-incidence we happened to be in Milan when I realised United were in town (lucky hey?). Seen two lads on the tram in the day getting tickets one red one Everton fan, a Gothenburg Reds flag in the ground and one lad with a United top who when I started speaking to him said he was Italian and he couldn't understand a word I said. That's it. There must have been more but £#%&!ed if I could see them.
Millwall away in the 2nd Division. It was a night match and the special from Piccadilly broke down or something. Just a handful of cockney Reds and others were there but not many from M/Cr.

Unread 17-12-2012, 03:46 PM
numbnuts

Southampton away monday nite dion dublin scored last couple of mins , 1st sky tv match , jibbed the day of school and was seen on Tv as there were so few utd there .

Unread 17-12-2012, 03:48 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alty Red
Millwall away in the 2nd Division. It was a night match and the special from Piccadilly broke down or something. Just a handful of cockney Reds and others were there but not many from M/Cr.
I remember that. Didn't the same happen for Cardiff away the same season

Unread 17-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Alty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I remember that. Didn't the same happen for Cardiff away the same season
Could be. I was living dahn saarf at the time and used to travel to games with the cockney Reds back then.

Unread 17-12-2012, 08:09 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Could be. I was living dahn saarf at the time and used to travel to games with the cockney Reds back then.
The train mysteriously fixed its self later in the evening apparently

Unread 17-12-2012, 08:09 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
For me I reckon it's Forest away in the league in 1990, a few weeks before the cup final. Can't have been more than 400 reds there.

We got stuffed 4-0 and a group of lads behind us sang "We've got a song that'll get on your nerves" all the way through the game.

Unread 17-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Alty Red

Went to one game at Loftus Road in 1978 for somebody or other's testimonial. He couldn't have been that popular because the turnout was abysmal. I had a seat near the tunnel and a few of us carried on a running conversation with Steve Coppell every time he ran up the touchline.

Unread 17-12-2012, 08:43 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Went to one game at Loftus Road in 1978 for somebody or other's testimonial. He couldn't have been that popular because the turnout was abysmal. I had a seat near the tunnel and a few of us carried on a running conversation with Steve Coppell every time he ran up the touchline.
why were you talking about running and not football

Unread 17-12-2012, 08:51 PM
elephantstone

Unread 17-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Chorlton74

how many was at the Tom Boyd game at parkhead in 2000? loved that Alavez chant

Saw United play PNE in the lancashire cup at deepdale in the summer of 1993. the 1st team were in South Africa at the time. possible 100/150.
Closed Thread