United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2009, 03:08 PM
armchair

Another plus is United now know exactly what they need to do and even better what they have to do is win a game of football.

Unread 08-04-2009, 03:12 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Another plus is United now know exactly what they need to do and even better what they have to do is win a game of football.
Was saying that last night. It could work for us because we know we HAVE to win. Going over there with a 2-1 lead could have caused us to defend that and try to avoid defeat rather than going for a win.

Unread 08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'd be happy with the league. I take everything else as a bonus. The League Cup is a perfect example as a bonus trophy.

If we do go out next week, then so be it. It isn't £#%&!ing easy winning big ears when half of your team is missing through injury. One thing is for sure though - it ought to be a hell of a game.
Word.

Unread 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM
MUFC One Love

The more I think of the positives the more I think we can do it. Surely knowing we have to win will be better for the players on the night, win a football match and your through.

Unread 08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The more I think of the positives the more I think we can do it. Surely knowing we have to win will be better for the players on the night, win a football match and your through.

I dunno. Same situation as the semi against Leverkusen and that didn't go too well. In normal circumstances (the team not playing like a mid table side) I'd be reasonably confident of winning in Porto, but it's going to take something special at the moment.

Unread 08-04-2009, 03:56 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
We have now gone 22 games without defeat in the Champions League, which is a record.
A world record no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is it true SAF had the choice of moving Sundays game to Saturday but chose not too?
Probably not quite true...might be more likely that the Glazers wouldn't allow the Sunday afternoon fixture be moved because we'd have lost the TV revenue from the live match on Sky.

Unread 08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
kandred

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
A world record no less.

Probably not quite true...might be more likely that the Glazers wouldn't allow the Sunday afternoon fixture be moved because we'd have lost the TV revenue from the live match on Sky.
We would still have got the money for a dinner time kick off on the Saturday, it's not always the Glazers fault

Unread 08-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Your avatar.

Unread 08-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Your avatar.
Agreed.

Lovers is normally bang on as well.

Unread 08-04-2009, 06:38 PM
otbarney

I think we'll play for a 3-3 draw.
Closed Thread