wonky no

Default how much would ronaldos

Ferrari be worth now? who gets it?

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Pop

Only God knows.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Spiffy

£30K or something. The insurance company will sell it to a breakers who will sell it on and it will be repaired and back on the road. There's too much profit in it to be broken up. If it costs £30K to fix it, there's a tidy profit in it even though it will be a Cat D (on the insurance right off register). I wouldn't be surprised if some @#%&! rung it with someone else's tbh. Someone with a Ferrari might be getting car jacked soon.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:06 PM
redloner

Insurers will sell it on to a salvage firm who will then break it for parts I'd imagine. Depending on what category of write-off it is, someone might buy it with the intention of repairing it as it might still be profitable because of its ownership history.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:07 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
£30K or something. The insurance company will sell it to a breakers who will sell it on and it will be repaired and back on the road. There's too much profit in it to be broken up. If it costs £30K to fix it, there's a tidy profit in it even though it will be a Cat D (on the insurance right off register). I wouldn't be surprised if some @#%&! rung it with someone else's tbh. Someone with a Ferrari might be getting car jacked soon.
30k taking into consideration it's ronaldo's?

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Wez

That looks pretty un-fixable to me, front end write off

Get it down to Davidsons in Broadheath and get the £#%&!er scrapped.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
Insurers will sell it on to a salvage firm who will then break it for parts I'd imagine. Depending on what category of write-off it is, someone might buy it with the intention of repairing it as it might still be profitable because of its ownership history.
The fact he famously smashed it up won't help. If you're in the market for a Ferrari, you don't want an ex-write off even if it's Ronaldo's. The trouble with breaking it is that there aren't enough Ferrari's to be able to sell the bits. Who wants a Ferrari interior? If it was a Focus there's loads of people who might be interested, Ferrari's are too rare.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

I had a Boxster and spun it on the motorway, I hit the central reservation and mine looked worse, the front wheels came off and snapped in half. It cost £14K to fix it. I thought they'd write it off but they said it "superficial". The engines are at the back, it's only boot space, wings and bonnet when you think about it.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:14 PM
HarkNowHear

textin I bet

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Wez

Quote:
I had a Boxster and spun it on the motorway, I hit the central reservation and mine looked worse, the front wheels came off and snapped in half. It cost £14K to fix it. I thought they'd write it off but they said it "superficial". The engines are at the back, it's only boot space, wings and bonnet when you think about it.

Didnt even think of that.

Wings and bonnet as you say; a touch of T-Cut as well

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:21 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
textin I bet
nah, he was trying to keep up with a golf gti

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

I reckon they'll repair that and not write it off. The roof isn't bent, looking down the side it's not twisted and the wheels even look straight. It has to cost more than 60% of the value to fix for the to write it off. I can't see that costing £60K to fix.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:25 PM
kandred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
nah, he was trying toGET AWAY FROM a golf gti
Edwin has a Bentley

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Spiffy

Edwin does have a Bentley but Wonky has a Golf Gti. Golf>Bentley.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:30 PM
wonky no

i think it was a murder attempt. someone has fidgeted with it. i can think of a few suspects can't you?

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Wez

I think Ronnie may have been speeding*

* Getting away from Wonks in his Golf, because he was singing his songs at him when they pulled up at the lights

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

* Getting away from Wonks in his Golf, because he was singing his songs at him when they pulled up at the lights
It's a 50 limit there but I suspect he was going faster, tunnels would make that Ferrari sound fantastic. I bet he had his window down and was hammering it.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:33 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Wez

Quote:
It's a 50 limit there but I suspect he was going faster, tunnels would make that Ferrari sound fantastic. I bet he had his window down and was hammering it.

I bet he does it every morning, I know I would.

The noise in the tunnel , you wouldnt need a car stereo

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
I bet he does it every morning, I know I would.

The noise in the tunnel , you wouldnt need a car stereo
You'd soon put your window up if you hear a Bolton accent killing Viva Ronaldo though.
Closed Thread