United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Sanitary Man
Fair enough, as above said im a bit sensitive re FC (I used to go & watch them BTW)
What stopped you? Was it the trifid like grass?

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What stopped you? Was it the trifid like grass?

I will post a long, detailed reason one day. Too many people who I dont want to offend

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:58 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Fair enough, as above said im a bit sensitive re FC (I used to go & watch them BTW)
Fair enough, I'm not mud slinging or owt but i do find that some remarkably thick skinned forumists can get very easily upset by the merest hint of FC having a laugh at the expense of things that were it not from FC would not even appear on their radar.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Fair enough, I'm not mud slinging or owt but i do find that some remarkably thick skinned forumists can get very easily upset by the merest hint of FC having a laugh at the expense of things that were it not from FC would not even appear on their radar.
I am NOT anti FC BTW!

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:02 PM
HarkNowHear

Dont you bother at all now Samuel ??

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Dont you bother at all now Samuel ??
Not for ages although may pop down to meet for a beer or 6 if your going?

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:05 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
I am NOT anti FC BTW!
Not saying for a second that you are old bean, I fully understand that the level of football, the sillyness and some of the horifically hollier than thou attitudes at FC can put people off and I have no quibble with those it does.

I just commented that there does tend to be a bit of sensitivity around FC from time to time and also that some people seem to think that because one FC says something he is speaking for the club rather than just himself. I'm not accusing you of that either, I am just keen to point it out as I think it is that more than anything that has caused the kind of strife we saw with UWS a few months back.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:06 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Not for ages although may pop down to meet for a beer or 6 if your going?

Wont be this week mate. Potless and carless and I hate public transport Will catch up with you soon though.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Not saying for a second that you are old bean, I fully understand that the level of football, the sillyness and some of the horifically hollier than thou attitudes at FC can put people off and I have no quibble with those it does.

I just commented that there does tend to be a bit of sensitivity around FC from time to time and also that some people seem to think that because one FC says something he is speaking for the club rather than just himself. I'm not accusing you of that either, I am just keen to point it out as I think it is that more than anything that has caused the kind of strife we saw with UWS a few months back.
You would say that you Judas FC @#%&!!!!!

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Wont be this week mate. Potless and carless and I hate public transport Will catch up with you soon though.
Same as mate Im trying to get a Newcastle ticket that I can pay for at the end of the month at the moment

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You would say that you Judas FC @#%&!!!!!
Oh here comes another Glazer stooge

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Oh here comes another Glazer stooge
Badabing!

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

If you promise me that Jet will be in the Gladiators' team I will pay a tenner on the gate

Unread 11-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Child of Darkness

the fletcher remark was aimed specifically at beders who is a known anti fletcherite .

nowt more

I actually think hes good

then again I've been watching none league football for 3 years

Unread 11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Will Diane Youthingy be in Matlock's team or not

Unread 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM
kandred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I never expected us to go up last season, but losing the players we have this year it will be feat to finish in the top half to be honest.
Just out of interest why have you lost players and not replaced them with similar or better players ?

Unread 11-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandred
Just out of interest why have you lost players and not replaced them with similar or better players ?

Cash.

We have one of the smallest budgets of any team in our league.

Our highest paid player gets about £150-£175 a week. Bradford Park Avenue, who are in our league, offered Patterson a £5000 signing on fee and £350 per week if rumours are to be believed.

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

It's encouraging to see the progress Bradford Park Avenue are making.

I really would love to see them follow Accrington (and Aldershot to a lesser extent) back into League football. Their history and tradition deserves a wider audience.

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

I really would love to see them follow Accrington (and Aldershot to a lesser extent) back into League football. Their history and tradition deserves a wider audience.
Agreed.

Unread 11-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Zorg

Some players have also dropped down a level (or even two) to get more money than they can at FC. At that level of football I don't blame them - an extra £100 per week can mean so much more to a guy with a young family to support who has accepted he's never going to turn pro.

It all means that we've lost at least four excellent players, but the new ones are looking good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Their history and tradition deserves a wider audience.
I agree with your last statement 100%, but it is worth bearing in mind that their recent success has come directly from one guy with a bagful of cash. No other club at our level can afford £3k signing on fees, and our best player going there for double his money is a clear illustration of how BPA are operating. So I myself wouldn't call it encouraging.
Closed Thread