United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Zorg

Football How long will the next Chelsea manager last?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...illas-boas-row

Quote:
The manager tore into his players, who had pockmarked their display with sloppy errors, but he found that some of them gave back as good as they got. In the blow-up, they told him exactly what they thought of him and his tactics, to lay bare the tensions at the club.

What on earth is he playing at with Cahill? As the article says, he's played once since he got there yet isn't even injured.

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:07 PM
forzagarza

He looks healthy. I'll go with 87

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:13 PM
armchair

None of the older players respected him from day one so Abramovich was a bit naive bringing him in and expecting wonders immediately. He needs to get rid of all the older players and bring in his own. He probably won't get the chance.

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:13 PM
taff

he's a #@&%! but i do have a bit of sympathy for him; that squad is riddled with disruptive @#%&!s who think they're entitled to special treatment 'cos they had a decent season six years ago.

this story getting leaked is a case in point. big gobs everywhere and an owner too willing to listen to them.

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Ginners

he hasnt got a chance. excellent manager but not being allowed to sign who he wants and JT & lamps etc basically running the dressing room.

to answer your question, as soon as they get knocked out of europe

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:16 PM
The Watcher

Ancheloti is an excellent manager who they never should've sacked. Ridiculous decision.

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

seems like anyone who goes there will be handicapped by abramovich sticking his oar in and forcing his computer game ideology of signing big names for the sake of it.
Hopefully same happens to city.

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
he's a #@&%! but i do have a bit of sympathy for him; that squad is riddled with disruptive @#%&!s who think they're entitled to special treatment 'cos they had a decent season six years ago.

this story getting leaked is a case in point. big gobs everywhere and an owner too willing to listen to them.
It must be a nightmare for him there tbf. He's smart enough to see that there's no way forward if they stay beholden to Lampard-Terry-Drogba-Cole etc. And really, to him, why should those names mean anything? He was brought in to do a job and found these aging players and wants rid. But he can't drop them without major problems. I would think behind the scenes there are major brainstorming sessions going on about how to show some of them the door this summer.

Unread 14-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Zorg

Assuming the article is accurate, he seems to have Abramovich's ear more than previous managers. Maybe Abramovich has finally twigged that the problem lies with players like Terry and Lampard rather than people like Ancelotti. I reckon Torres will be out in the summer too, this is no 'blip' in form. He's £#%&!ing lost it.

Unread 14-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
he hasnt got a chance. excellent manager but not being allowed to sign who he wants and JT & lamps etc basically running the dressing room.

to answer your question, as soon as they get knocked out of europe
Totally. Still can't believe he left Porto. Similar story with Hughes going to City. Obviously, the new club offers more but the old clubs - Blackburn/Porto - are on the up and had an exciting future. Plus city and Chelsea are hardly going to be positions that would disappear for 10 years if you didn't accept straight away because of the risk of sacking that the jobs come with. That risk would make it a less appealing job in the first place for me.

Unread 14-02-2012, 11:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Totally. Still can't believe he left Porto. Similar story with Hughes going to City. Obviously, the new club offers more but the old clubs - Blackburn/Porto - are on the up and had an exciting future. Plus city and Chelsea are hardly going to be positions that would disappear for 10 years if you didn't accept straight away because of the risk of sacking that the jobs come with. That risk would make it a less appealing job in the first place for me.
Blackburn "on the up"?

Are you sure??

Unread 14-02-2012, 11:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Blackburn "on the up"?

Are you sure??
When Hughes was managing them they were.

Convoluted metaphor but I know what he meant.

Unread 14-02-2012, 11:53 PM
redhegemony

Current rumours involve players texting Mourinho. Big job to turn Chelsea round.

Unread 14-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Pop

Mourinho is staying at Madrid apparently.

Unread 15-02-2012, 12:02 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Current rumours involve players texting Mourinho. Big job to turn Chelsea round.
If so, it shows how delusional they are.

Unread 15-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Blackburn "on the up"?

Are you sure??
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
When Hughes was managing them they were.

Convoluted metaphor but I know what he meant.
What ^^^ said.

I could have phrased it better but was doing something else and just wanted to post it.
I couldn't understand AVB taking the Chelsea job especially with what he did last year at Porto and how they were now in the CL and they were still a young side. And also a move to Chelsea isn't exactly a once in a decade thing like United would be.

It's why I think Redknapp would be a fool to leave Spurs. You would have to be some kind of recluse to do that job to the best of your abilities because the press want so much of a say in it. Mind you, with the way he talks about modern technology he probably he is some kind of recluse.

I don't think england is a full time job tbh.

Anyway, AVB. Think a CL semi with be enough to keep him his job as well as an FA Cup semi. A FA Cup win and a CL qtr will be enough too. If they're not challenging for the league this time next year he's a goner.

Unread 15-02-2012, 12:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Ancheloti is an excellent manager who they never should've sacked. Ridiculous decision.
this. (with correct spelling of course )

AVB is a flavour of the month manager. no real pedigree except for a couple of good seasons at porto. the idea that he was suddenly one of the best managers in europe was a ludicrous assumption.

I think he was signed because he would look good in GQ and reminded the chelsea fans of a certain somebody...

edit: just noticed that he had one single season at Porto. Although he did also mange the Brotish Virgin Islands at age 21 Got to like him for that.
Also, his grand mother is from Stockport. Like him less now.

Unread 15-02-2012, 01:03 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
seems like anyone who goes there will be handicapped by abramovich sticking his oar in and forcing his computer game ideology of signing big names for the sake of it.
Hopefully same happens to city.
Like MUFCOnelove/Sparky/other ones want us to do you mean?

Unread 15-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Stickman

If we'd scored again the other week hed have been out that evening.

Hes gone, its just a matter of when really.

Unread 15-02-2012, 08:47 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
If we'd scored again the other week hed have been out that evening.

Hes gone, its just a matter of when really.
this

as soon as abramovich starts turning up at training you're £#%&!ed really. the thing is, avb may well be what they need there. he's clearly a talented manager and his porto side were great to watch as well as being successful. the problem is with the squad, not the manager.
Closed Thread