dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He isn't improving....I cannot deny that
Apology accepted.

Unread 24-09-2014, 04:35 PM
saffers

TBF team rooney dont even dare to bring up ronnie these days.

Talk about being left for dead.

Unread 24-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
TBF team rooney dont even dare to bring up ronnie these days.

Talk about being left for dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quite A Lot of Freds when Ronnie left
TBH if we had to lose one of them I think keeping Rooney is the best option. Younger, English and will get much better.

Unread 24-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Throb, mauled.
in your dreams

when comes to talking about rooney, there's more bs and strawmen in ramone's posts than there is in lawless' posts about, well, everything.

Unread 24-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quite A Lot of Freds when Ronnie left
TBH if we had to lose one of them I think keeping Rooney is the best option. Younger, English and will get much better.
Tbf quite a lot of Fredsters are on hard drugs.

Unread 24-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

the game changes all the time so i never liked the ronaldo v rooney comparisons tbh - how can you compare players from different eras like that

Unread 24-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
and can i tickle a little u-turn on the rooney ronaldo era given their ages?

come on now, for old times
Sorry, I went out round the park.

No u-turns allowed here moped Mike....different era completely, two completely different players asked to play incomparable positions and roles.

Unread 24-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Sorry, I went out round the park.

No u-turns allowed here moped Mike....different era completely, two completely different players asked to play incomparable positions and roles.
were you sniffing glue on the swings?

Unread 24-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
were you sniffing glue on the swings?
Can of fosters and a one skin...

Unread 24-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It's one of the reasons why I'd like to see Januzaj playing more, ideally in a wide role, as he is a player that can inject pace, take people on, and pose a direct threat with his dribbling from all angles. I'm not sure I like this idea of developing him into a striker. Use his pace from the wings, ffs. Add that to Di Maria rampaging through the middle, and we have two very dangerous outlets of penetrative attacks.
Did no one tell you januzaj is slow and shit now?

Unread 25-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Different era pal.

Unread 25-09-2014, 02:31 AM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

£#%&!ers.

Unread 25-09-2014, 02:52 AM
utd99

In all the years I've been watching footy Rooney has to be the most difficult player to pin down. All the 'experts' say he's world class. His stats are most impressive, and we can all recall times where he has performed magnificently in some magnificent teams.

Then match day comes around and too often he's £#%&!ing crap.

The term 'world class' is bandied around a lot, mostly by people who couldn't define it if pressed. I don't know if Rooney is world class or not, but I can say that I don't recall many times where players in that rarefied category play as poorly, with as much frequency, as I've seen our Wazza at times.

Unread 25-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Bellers won't like that

P.s. if wazza was still world class, there'd have been a £#%&! load more clubs in for him the past couple of seasons, rather than 1 derisory bid from Chelsea.

To all intents and purposes he's not going anywhere until the 'twilight' of his career, so we may as well try and get the best out of him - and that's as a striker.

Unread 25-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Moysies P45

Quote:
Goodbye
Log off and don't come back. HTH

Unread 25-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
In all the years I've been watching footy Rooney has to be the most difficult player to pin down. All the 'experts' say he's world class.
It's pretty simple, tbf. He's vastly overrated because he's English.

There was a time when people were comparing him with Ronaldo, but it's arguable that Rooney isn't even in the level below the level below Ronaldo now.

When was the last time that he truly bossed a game against a top-class opposition? One of the last I remember was Chelsea in the Champion's League way back in 2011.

He's capable of sporadic moments of world-class ability, but he is just far too inconsistent to be labelled as world-class. Half the time his basic touch and control is lacking, let alone any kind of ability to run a game against elite opposition.

Unread 25-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Mr Castro

He was under a lot of scrutiny in the second half of that season, following on from the first half after his transfer stuff. The overhead kick against City was obviously the bright spot, but then the "elbow" at Wigan, swearing down the camera at West Ham. But it made him triumph in the face of adversity. He scored at Chelsea twice after those two incidents, and scored a couple more important goals.

He's had his moments since and scored a few important goals, but his ability to impact games has gradually gone down. When Rooney plays badly, he's so frustrating to watch.

He'll probably score a couple on Saturday but then pull his usual disappearing act against Everton.

Unread 25-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Bellers won't like that

P.s. if wazza was still world class, there'd have been a £#%&! load more clubs in for him the past couple of seasons, rather than 1 derisory bid from Chelsea.

To all intents and purposes he's not going anywhere until the 'twilight' of his career, so we may as well try and get the best out of him - and that's as a striker.
trouble he's currently dropped as a striker

Unread 27-09-2014, 02:20 PM
saffers

Cannot believe this cretin stays in the team. He truly is a cancer.

Unread 27-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Cannot believe this cretin stays in the team. He truly is a cancer.
Mata on the bench 9 goals in 11 games.
Closed Thread