United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Default Brentford FC Evolving in Modern Day Football

Some of you may already know that I occasionally go watch Brentford FC when I can. A few years back the club decided to start to looking at ways to think differently about its scouting of players and transfer strategy. To be honest things have been going pretty well on that front.

A year ago they decided to close down its youth academy on the basis it was costing £2m a year and they were not getting anything from it. As soon as they had a hot prospect on their hands one of the big boys swooped in and took him away for peanuts..... Joshua Bohui to United was the straw that broke the camels back. Since then they embarked with scouting young reserves not quite good enough at the top clubs around Europe and things are now starting to pay dividends.

It will be interesting, to for me anyway to see where they are in three years when they move on to the new stadium and have 3-4 years under their belt with this new club structure.

This article is a decent read and explains some interesting points about how they now operate. Makes a refreshing change from the typical situation of small clubs over spending in the hope they get lucky with the promised land.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...eague-outcasts

Unread 05-04-2017, 07:03 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
It will be interesting
Not thread worthy though mate he'll bite

Unread 05-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Not thread worthy though mate he'll bite
I wondered who the first negative norris smart arse would be

@#%&!

Unread 05-04-2017, 07:14 PM
waynes ear's

Good read though tbh

Unread 05-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Sparky***

Can't be arsed reading it. Hope they go bankrupt and they bulldoze the ground to make room for a new runway at heathrow.

Unread 05-04-2017, 07:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can't be arsed reading it. Hope they go bankrupt and they bulldoze the ground to make room for a new runway at heathrow.

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:12 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Wow

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:15 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:51 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
I wondered who the first negative norris smart arse would be

c***
No need for that.

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Switching Off

Related article I read earlier.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rformance-plan

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:58 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

I £#%&!ing hate two team Tommy's. Yhbr.

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:46 PM
MagnificentSeven

i saw they caused a slight dent in scum's promotion hopes last night

Unread 05-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i saw they caused a slight dent in scum's promotion hopes last night
Yep, pissed all over the sheep £#%&!gers. Was gonna go but decided to stay home to watch another United home draw

Unread 06-04-2017, 08:07 AM
redhegemony

Worked with Brentford on the original Lionel Road project which was a terrific idea - collapsed with the property crash. Had lots of good ideas about building a proper community stadium.

Unread 06-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Worked with Brentford on the original Lionel Road project which was a terrific idea - collapsed with the property crash. Had lots of good ideas about building a proper community stadium.

This just gets better......

Unread 06-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Spock

Quote:
Some of you may already know that I occasionally go watch Brentford FC when I can. A few years back the club decided to start to looking at ways to think differently about its scouting of players and transfer strategy. To be honest things have been going pretty well on that front.

A year ago they decided to close down its youth academy on the basis it was costing £2m a year and they were not getting anything from it. As soon as they had a hot prospect on their hands one of the big boys swooped in and took him away for peanuts..... Joshua Bohui to United was the straw that broke the camels back. Since then they embarked with scouting young reserves not quite good enough at the top clubs around Europe and things are now starting to pay dividends.

It will be interesting, to for me anyway to see where they are in three years when they move on to the new stadium and have 3-4 years under their belt with this new club structure.

This article is a decent read and explains some interesting points about how they now operate. Makes a refreshing change from the typical situation of small clubs over spending in the hope they get lucky with the promised land.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...eague-outcasts
good read that, fair play to them

Unread 06-04-2017, 08:45 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

This just gets better......
integrated health (Dr's surgery) and education on site - a local authority gym i seem to remember - then the figures didn't add up due to declining property values.

Unread 06-04-2017, 08:48 AM
andyroo

Wish United would

Unread 06-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
I £#%&!ing hate two team Tommy's. Yhbr.
same here pal
Closed Thread