United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2007, 03:51 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I just predict with 'worst case scenario' in mind.
I'm a fretting, pessimistic, stomach churning wreck of Woody Allen proportions before every single United game.

I shouldn't subject everyone else to my anxiety on here but I can't help myself!

However, I'm usually a lot clamer before European fixtures & if we had a full side out tonight I'd fancy us strongly to win.
But, that back 4 is an accident waiting to happen.
I think it'll be a score draw tonight.

I ws just thinking last night I almost can't wait until the seasons finished, such is the tension right now.

It's like enduring a month long champs league final !

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:07 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I ws just thinking last night I almost can't wait until the seasons finished, such is the tension right now.
I sympathise with you both, as I've felt the same for some time now!

It's strange, because in 99, I relished all the games. Was always a little nervous, but looked forward to the big games with great excitement. Inter and Juve in Europe. Chelsea, then Arsenal (twice) in the Cup. Add in a very tight League run. But this season, I feel sick just thinking of the games to come. Not to mention the constant feeling that we'll blow the title. The stress is getting worse with every game.

Either way, I can't wait for it to be all over!

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:12 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I sympathise with you both, as I've felt the same for some time now!

It's strange, because in 99, I relished all the games. Was always a little nervous, but looked forward to the big games with great excitement. Inter and Juve in Europe. Chelsea, then Arsenal (twice) in the Cup. Add in a very tight League run. But this season, I feel sick just thinking of the games to come. Not to mention the constant feeling that we'll blow the title. The stress is getting worse with every game.

Either way, I can't wait for it to be all over!
Going for the 2nd treble - Back in '99 there were a lot of people saying that would never be repeated.

Everyone knew back then. An established team with little or no injury problems. Aside from the closing moments of charlton away (Yorke scoring in the last minute) and the CL final, I was always confident we'd sweep the board.

This time there's that very real danger we could end up with £#%&! all.

Or, just as easily emulate '99 all over again. Would eclipse anything any team has ever accomplished imo.

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Cantona's collar

The difference between 99 and now is the fact that in 99 we believed we had the best team in the world (at least i did), whereas now most of us are perplexed just how we ended up in this situation.

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:19 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
This time there's that very real danger we could end up with £#%&! all.
I know

9 points away from winning the League

180 minutes away from the European Cup final

In the FA Cup final.

So near and yet, so far.

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:20 PM
puressence

how the £#%&! this squad is where its at is amazing

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Jack Duckworth

credit to fergie, eh pure?

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
how the £#%&! this squad is where its at is amazing
Absolutely.
It really has been an incredile season when you look at it objectively.

I honestly fear we'll finish the season empty handed, but unlike the last few years you can't say the players haven't given everything & entertained us.

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
The difference between 99 and now is the fact that in 99 we believed we had the best team in the world (at least i did), whereas now most of us are perplexed just how we ended up in this situation.
Cant argue with that!

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:49 PM
MUFC One Love

We're doing so well because we have got our swagger back and the players are expressing themselves. Ronaldo, Rooney are two of the best players in the world, not young players, but players.

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:55 PM
celtbion

I would agree. We have a few special players in the team but otherwise its a fantasy season.

Would suggest that perhaps the story of the last couple of years was a Utd squad with a host of players massively underachieving and finding their true form again now?

Take VDS even. A world class player pissing about at Fulham for years?

When was the last time Scholes threatened a PFA team of the year?

Or Giggs?

What was the last season when our defenders chipped in with a good handful of goals?

Or a midfielder got over 15 goals in a season.

A lot of things that weren't right have been put right.

Unread 24-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Looking at the way Milan play with 3-2-1 after defense then it's vital there is more than Chopper Scholes and Micheal Carrick covering 5 players.

There won't be too much space on the wings either with their fullbacks.
Closed Thread