Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Ramos
Essien
Pato
I must be the only person who thinks Ramos is the most overrated footballer known to man.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Ok.

I still think I am right though.

Uniteds midfield has always placed its emphasis on having atleast one player who has an extensive passing range, can manipulate the ball well and be available for the ball coming in it at speed from all angles.

Essien and Hargo, for all there strength, power, speed and ability to make things happen, simply aren't good at getting the ball in deep lying areas and controlling the pace of the game with short/long/one touch/left and right footed passes.

That's why players like Xavi, Alonso, Pirlo and Carrick are worth there weight in gold.

jmo.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I must be the only person who thinks Ramos is the most overrated footballer known to man.
You're probably not.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Uniteds midfield has always placed its emphasis on having atleast one player who has an extensive passing range, can manipulate the ball well and be available for the ball coming in it at speed from all angles.

Essien and Hargo, for all there strength, power, speed and ability to make things happen, simply aren't good at getting the ball in deep lying areas and controlling the pace of the game with short/long/one touch/left and right footed passes.

That's why players like Xavi, Alonso, Pirlo and Carrick are worth there weight in gold.

jmo.
Exactly my opinion aswell.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Rossi the Red

Oh yeah...

Pique
Rossi
Forlan

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:31 PM
magic_cantona

Xavi
Benzema
A fit Owen Hargreaves

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:31 PM
armchair

looks like with the money from Ronaldo and Vidic that money will be no object.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
what's all this then?

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:36 PM
wonky no

Quote:

jmo.
hargy's range of passing is splendid. his positional sense is amazing and he has a football brain the size of several smaller football brains put together. he and he alone is all we need to both set this squad in stone as a solid unit of unbreakable winners and allow the rose of carrick to bloom.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:36 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
what's all this then?
real, ac, and barca all in for vidic. It was 30m earlier it's down to 25m tonight.

I'm convinced the story started as a wum as the original story originated in northern ireland.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:37 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
hargy's range of passing is splendid. his positional sense is amazing and he has a football brain the size of several smaller football brains put together. he and he alone is all we need to both set this squad in stone as a solid unit of unbreakable winners and allow the rose of carrick to bloom.

I'm one of Hargo's biggest fans but that's %@#$&!s wonks.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Sandman

De Rossi
Benzema
Eden Hazard

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
wonky no

Quote:
I'm one of Hargo's biggest fans but that's %@#$&!s wonks.
we'll see. i said it before we signed him, he's the closest thing to robbo we've had. a true leader in all aspects of the 'modern' game. he has the terrier of robbo, the thrust of robbo and an eye for a pass (give or go) like robbo and can score goals. he has the injuries too!

what robbo did in the tackle can't be done in this day and age but hargy makes up for that by being in the right place, i don't think i've ever seen a player intercept as many passes without actually needing to tackle than hargreaves. lets not forget his freekick ability either. him and carrick would be perfect for each other. like dempsey and makepeace.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:57 PM
armchair

I think you may have gone through the wrong channel in customs wonks.

Unread 04-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Baron

Iniesta
Messi
Benzema

Unread 04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
we'll see. i said it before we signed him, he's the closest thing to robbo we've had. a true leader in all aspects of the 'modern' game. he has the terrier of robbo, the thrust of robbo and an eye for a pass (give or go) like robbo and can score goals. he has the injuries too!

what robbo did in the tackle can't be done in this day and age but hargy makes up for that by being in the right place, i don't think i've ever seen a player intercept as many passes without actually needing to tackle than hargreaves. lets not forget his freekick ability either. him and carrick would be perfect for each other. like dempsey and makepeace.

They are two of my favourite players but as a partnership (2 in midfield) they've shown nothing to suggest it's gonna work, there is no real chemistry between them. I really hope i'm wrong.

Hargo's variation and range of passing would need to improve if we were to play Carrick forward like some people are suggesting.

I think long term we are more likely to see a slight variation in tactics with this

Carrick

Hargo ------ Ando

Berbatov

Ronaldo -----------Rooney

At the moment, I wouldn't like to see him in Carrick's position unless he was doing a man marking job on someone decent.

Just like Essien does for Chelsea, he'll be used a bit higher up the pitch to press the opposition and get the the best out of his athleticism and power

Unread 04-06-2009, 12:25 AM
marlo

Quote:
hahahahahahahahaha

log out . just £#%&!ing log out.

his positioning and passing are his weakest areas ffs.

Unread 04-06-2009, 12:28 AM
marlo

Quote:

robbo????

hargreaves doesn't even play cm for united.

did well with anderson in tough away games but made to many mistakes so was moved out from being the hub of our midfield.

i like hargreaves but some of the stuff I've read lately about him makes me i must remember a different player or absence has made your hearts grow fonder.

carrick is our midfield general and hargreaves won't ever be as valuable to our team as carrick. never.
-

Unread 04-06-2009, 12:42 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
hahahahahahahahaha

log out . just £#%&!ing log out.

his positioning and passing are his weakest areas ffs.
agreed. passing definitely not his strength. very one footed so has a tendency to turn onto his better foot and miss the quick release. makes up for it in other areas.

absence really does make the heart grow stronger. I remember some of the eulogies on RI in the wake of butt and neville (P). If they were even half as good as other people's memories we never would have got rid.
Closed Thread