United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Because it's not part of his game and never has been! He was just the same on this score last year, I can't remember anybody having a pop at him for it then though. It's the 80/20 rule, he saves his energy so he can use it where he is most effective.
I just think he should at least show a sign that he's interested.If you think chasing back isn't part of his game (which I disagree about) maybe he should add it and show every @#%&! that although it isn't happening for him, he's at least trying.

And to be fair, what/when was he saving his energy for last night?

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
"It's cold and I wanna be in Madrid!"
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:19 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Incidentally, I'm not subscribing to the OTT viewpoint that Ronaldo is only thinking about Real and can't be arsed with us.I'm just saying that he's out of form and isn't trying hard enough.Or, that's how it looks anyway.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Ether

He is trying though

He had more shots than anyone last night. What I want to see from him is an improvement in his finishing, not fannying about in his won half just to convince some people that he's 'interested'.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
He is trying though

He had more shots than anyone last night. What I want to see from him is an improvement in his finishing, not fannying about in his won half just to convince some people that he's 'interested'.
I'm not talking about him being in his own half!

I'm talking about him losing the ball in his position/in the oppo's half and not even looking at the player as he's running off with the ball.

Anyway, lets agree to disagree. But I'm right.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:25 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I think anyone criticising Ronnie for not 'chasing back' is missing the point somewhat.
That makes a great player though. If you charge about the field and 'work hard' you've had a great game. This means Carrick, Berbatov and Ronaldo are shite.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm not talking about him being in his own half!

I'm talking about him losing the ball in his position/in the oppo's half and not even looking at the player as he's running off with the ball.

Anyway, lets agree to disagree. But I'm right.
I know exactly what you mean. Chasing back towards, and eventually into, his own half. I'm just saying I would rather him save his energy and wait for the next attack where he will be most effective, rather than chase someone all over the place to get the ball back. We have other players to do that.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:32 PM
It's just a flesh wound

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. Chasing back towards, and eventually into, his own half. I'm just saying I would rather him save his energy and wait for the next attack where he will be most effective, rather than chase someone all over the place to get the ball back. We have other players to do that.
Not any more can that word be used with him.

When Park looks more dangerous an attacking option than you, then you know you are in trouble.

Time to get shut of the Madrid-loving, judas @#%&!.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's just a flesh wound
Not any more can that word be used with him.

When Park looks more dangerous an attacking option than you, then you know you are in trouble.

Time to get shut of the Madrid-loving, judas @#%&!.

He's out of form.He'll get back to being a brilliant player soon enough.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:46 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

He's out of form.He'll get back to being a brilliant player soon enough.
Hmmm, in a Madrid shirt?

Unread 30-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

ok his finishing isn't up to his standards but to accuse him of not being interested is harsh.
even though he may be off form he hasn't gone into hiding on the park.he still gets plenty of the ball and is never afraid to have a shot or take an apponent on.
even though he does seem to be struggling atm he is still performing head and shoulders above the majority of our squad.
Closed Thread