United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Whalefish

Quite possible. However, I've still seen him roam all over the pitch during a game so he's still got that freedom to express himself or pop up someplace to affect the game.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Coracao

If you don't think he played well today, you don't know a great deal about football.

Unread 30-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yes he has a nice touch, he's very skillful and links up well. Would be nice, you know, just a bonus or whatever if, as a striker he actually chipped in with a goal sometimes.
Very nearly did today if it weren't for a fantastic save from Hart.

Unread 30-11-2008, 10:14 PM
The taste of...

I'm more perturbed as to why he was replaced with a (albeit legendary) pair of thirty three year old pins that were shown a clean pair of heels by two tonne in a one v one.

If he was looking for the release ball to frustrate their build ups and turn their defenders surely Nani was the choice?

Still we got the result so the old bugger obviously got it right.

Unread 30-11-2008, 10:15 PM
taff

in terms of looking like he's putting some graft in, i thought he was a lot better today. seemed to have more energy, wasn't as listless as he has been on some occasions. maybe ferguson had said "if you go missing against these @#%&!s i'm going to take away your leonard cohen records, plus park is first choice for the rest of the season". and so Berbiturates turned it up a notch. at one point we lost possession on the edge of their area and he turned and started bombing it back towards their half, chasing the ball. remarkable.

Unread 30-11-2008, 10:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
I'm more perturbed as to why he was replaced with a (albeit legendary) pair of thirty three year old pins that were shown a clean pair of heels by two tonne in a one v one.

If he was looking for the release ball to frustrate their build ups and turn their defenders surely Nani was the choice?

Still we got the result so the old bugger obviously got it right.
That would be thirty five year old, as of yesterday.

Unread 30-11-2008, 10:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the ball just stuck to him like glue today and allowed our attack to revolve around him. i thought it was a magnificent display of how to hold up the ball and release teamates in the first half; second half he faded a bit but then really showed how to play the lone striker role. motm for me was carrick, rooney, evra, vidic and berbatov all close behind.
They couldn't get the ball off him, a majestic display of close control and balance, not to mention the vision and passing variety he showed. A bit careless in certain good situations, and when he and Rooney were 2 on 2 with Dunne and whoever, he should've driven at them rather than letting it peter out, but I think that is probably a bit of a churlish complaint.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red

Would love to see some statistics on ground covered in comparison to Rooney, Ronaldo & Tevez.

You'd be very suprised.

His stats aren't inferior to 2 of the players you've mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yes he has a nice touch, he's very skillful and links up well. Would be nice, you know, just a bonus or whatever if, as a striker he actually chipped in with a goal sometimes.

He's our second leading goalscorer.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:37 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick

He's our second leading goalscorer.
averaging one goal every 490 minutes in the league.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:46 AM
KikTheDog

Would like to see stats on passes completed.
Thought he played well but made bad passes towards the end. Although he didnt have anyone to pass to with only 10 on. And my Tv was on the blink and I couldnt see that well.
So I should probably just shut up and go to bed.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
averaging one goal every 490 minutes in the league.

What does that actually prove?

It was a goal every 198 minutess for Spurs last season, better than 2 of our strikers.

How many chances does he create every 490 minutes in the league?

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:54 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
What does that actually prove?

It was a goal every 198 minutess for Spurs last season, better than 2 of our strikers.

How many chances does he create every 490 minutes in the league?
a striker who has played 10 full games and 82 minutes of an 11th game should have more than 2 league goals.

he may create chances for other players and have a hand in a few of the goals scored but he needs to get more goals as he is a striker.
he averaged one in 198 minutes for spurs and should be improving on that not getting worse.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Tumescent Throb

Berbatov plays the game like the football artist he is - absolute pure class

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
a striker who has played 10 full games and 82 minutes of an 11th game should have more than 2 league goals.

he may create chances for other players and have a hand in a few of the goals scored but he needs to get more goals as he is a striker.
he averaged one in 198 minutes for spurs and should be improving on that not getting worse.
you never know, maybe klubfoot the second will chip in with a goal or two to make up the shortfall

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:59 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you never know, maybe klubfoot the second will chip in with a goal or two to make up the shortfall
abit harsh on giggs that.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
abit harsh on giggs that.
is that the best you've £#%&!ing got

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:02 AM
marlo

Quote:
is that the best you've £#%&!ing got
is this the best you've £#%&!ing got?

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

I could tell you that Tevez averaged a goal every 218 minutes last year and 540 this year - both inferior to Berbatov's - but that would be unfair.

Do the stats tell you that he has played in our hardest games, all away from home?

Do they tell you that he has come into a team and is adapting to a new style of play?

Do they tell you he had to play catch up with his pre-season?

He was brought in as a creator and that's what he's doing. His goals will come, you read too much into statistics sometimes mate.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
is this the best you've £#%&!ing got?
that @#%&! marlo was far better than you

toodle pips sweet pea

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
that @#%&! marlo was far better than you

toodle pips sweet pea

You're a grown man mate, no need to get childish.
Closed Thread