United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
You're a grown man mate, no need to get childish.
sometimes you just have to stoop to base forum thought processes

it's a sad fact of cyber geekdom

if hollowman isn't the marlo then i take it back

but really, what sort of a @#%&! would even joke about Giggs in comparison with a bloke who hasn't been here 5 minutes and whose shooting is Hackney £#%&!ing Marshes standard - on a good day

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
The Return of JC

Strange to think we won the double without him last season, because we don't look right without him this season.

I thought he was outstanding in the first half yesterday. Second half was unfortunate because circumstances dictated that he was always going to struggle to impose himself. Bringing on Giggs worked surprisingly well. I thought the way we managed to comfortably run down that last 20 minutes was superb. Yesterday pleased me so much because we saw two sides to United and the reason that they're the best side in the country: First half we played great football and second half we ground out the result. The red card changed the tone of the game and what looked like it would be a cruise suddenly soured, but where most teams would have whinged and crumbled, we just adapted to the situation and shut up shop brilliantly.

Everybody contributed too. I thought it was our best performance of the season.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

I think the midfield of Fletcher and Carrick is really starting to gel for us and that makes a massive difference. I thought the pair of them were superb yesterday. We were up against a three man midfield again yesterday and that was the first time I have seen us totally dominate the midfield this year away from home. There were patches in the Villa game where we did but we looked in total control yesterday. They cover so much ground and just compliment each other so well. That would be my first choice midfield pairing anyway tbh. It shows what a difference Fletcher makes. I hope our ragged midfield performances at Anfield and at Arsenal are a thing of the past.

Park also put in an excellent shift down the right.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:43 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I think the midfield of Fletcher and Carrick is really starting to gel for us and that makes a massive difference. I thought the pair of them were superb yesterday. We were up against a three man midfield again yesterday and that was the first time I have seen us totally dominate the midfield this year away from home. There were patches in the Villa game where we did but we looked in total control yesterday. They cover so much ground and just compliment each other so well. That would be my first choice midfield pairing anyway tbh. It shows what a difference Fletcher makes. I hope our ragged midfield performances at Anfield and at Arsenal are a thing of the past.

Park also put in an excellent shift down the right.
Agreed. In fact, I thought everyone was superb. The back four is looking rock solid again and that was the foundation of our success last year.
Carrick just gets better and better. He's playing with more authority and maturity now. He's 28 and is playing like someone with experience and medals under his belt. I feared Fletcher might get sent off towards the end, but overall he was very good. His development over the last two years into a genuinely important player who you can trust, is quite remarkable.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Agreed. In fact, I thought everyone was superb. The back four is looking rock solid again and that was the foundation of our success last year.
Carrick just gets better and better. He's playing with more authority and maturity now. He's 28 and is playing like someone with experience and medals under his belt. I feared Fletcher might get sent off towards the end, but overall he was very good. His development over the last two years into a genuinely important player who you can trust, is quite remarkable.

From today's Times....Player of the Weekend - Michael Carrick - Manchester United

"Played only three times before the end of October but he has made up for lost time with a series of imperious displays. He dominated midfield yesterday in United's comfortable victory over Manchester City."

Top red.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:53 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
His development over the last two years into a genuinely important player who you can trust, is quite remarkable.
I'm amazed. I used to be gutted when he was picked...now I consider The Dazzler to be a first choice midfielder!

He's done really well and proved no nothing @#%&!s like myself and Roy Keane wrong. Fletchers Zone of Terror

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:55 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'm amazed. I used to be gutted when he was picked...now I consider The Dazzler to be a first choice midfielder!

He's done really well and proved no nothing @#%&!s like myself and Roy Keane wrong. Fletchers Zone of Terror
And that we should trust Fergie.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Gog Coch

When Berbie is in the line up you cant have Fletch and Carrick in midfield. Tevez or Anderson have to be on in that situation.
You have to have more than a minimum critical energy level in the team.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
When Berbie is in the line up you cant have Fletch and Carrick in midfield. Tevez or Anderson have to be on in that situation.
A bit like yesterday. A game that we won?

Erm, ok....

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

At least you admit it mate. I would probs say you know more than Keano tbh.

I'v always loved Fletch and I am not all that surprised he has come on like he has. He got a serious knee injury just after he was supposed to make his first team debut at Villa at 16 and then that seemed to hamper his progress from what I hear. The fact that he was stuck out on the right for nigh on two years hardly endeared him to United fans as he is not a right winger. I too consider Carrick and Fletch to be our first choice midfield pairing.

I was very impressed with young Raphael again yesterday. What a player that lad looks. Big Paddy and Vida were very good too. In fact the whole back four was. That berk VDS nearly cost us just before half time but he seemed to recover some composure after that.

Three clean sheets away from home on the bounce. Bodes well.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch

Clown.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:03 PM
armchair

I think he's a joy to watch.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:15 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'v always loved Fletch and I am not all that surprised he has come on like he has. He got a serious knee injury just after he was supposed to make his first team debut at Villa at 16 and then that seemed to hamper his progress from what I hear. The fact that he was stuck out on the right for nigh on two years hardly endeared him to United fans as he is not a right winger. I too consider Carrick and Fletch to be our first choice midfield pairing.
I think that was the main problem - whenever he'd start, it'd mean Ronaldo was on the bench. Around 04/05, Ronnie and Rooney were usually the only reasons to watch United, such was the dire nature of our football. I remember giving him (and most of the team tbh) tons of abuse after the debacle in Paris against Lille. I'm quite ashamed of myself, looking back

But the lad took the stick (some of it from his Captain ffs!) and proved all his doubters wrong. That shows real character and I really admire him for it. Proper United player.

Quote:
I was very impressed with young Raphael again yesterday. What a player that lad looks. Big Paddy and Vida were very good too. In fact the whole back four was. That berk VDS nearly cost us just before half time but he seemed to recover some composure after that.

Three clean sheets away from home on the bounce. Bodes well.
I wanted Rafael to start and was surprised he did. I though he did very well too, I already love the kid I remember him being compared to Danni Alves (a player I really like) before this season, but was dubious about such hype. However, the similarity in their play is striking at times. Given that we were linked with a £20+ million move for Alves, we've done very well finding the twins. Huge talent.

Best performance of the season and we're finally starting to look like the side we were last season. Just hope we haven't left it too late to get our shit together.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:

Clown.
Fermi .

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Whalefish

Our midfielders aren't robust enough.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
i dont like berbatov but i thought he played well today. First 'worthy' performance ive seen from him since we signed up imo.

He still needs to improve but at least he is looking abit better and his ball retention is brilliant and helped us alot.
Reminds me of zlatan in a way but not as good.
gtf

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
gtf
Ignore it. Don't bite.
Closed Thread