United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2008, 09:50 AM
fergieslovechild

Default How 'uniterested' was Ronaldo last night?

"It's cold and I wanna be in Madrid!"

Unread 30-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Gruber

I thought he tried a bit too much to be fair.

It wasn't as though he was out on the wing sulking all game. In the first half he looked quite desperate to bag one.

Unread 30-12-2008, 09:57 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
I thought he tried a bit too much to be fair.

It wasn't as though he was out on the wing sulking all game. In the first half he looked quite desperate to bag one.
Nah, he was just going through the motions.

He's playing at about 60% at the moment, which to be fair is about the same level as most premiership players but he's one of out big match winners and he is vastly underperforming.

Unread 30-12-2008, 10:06 AM
borsuk

he's off form. why on earth anyone would interpret that as wanting away or not trying, i don't know. if he really wanted away any one of the twenty or so times he gets clattered every game would provide an excuse.

fwiw, i think we're now seeing the effect of the injury and the lack of pre-season. not unusual for a player to come back and hit form for a while before slipping back.

Unread 30-12-2008, 10:08 AM
puressence

he reminds me of hughsey back in 1985/86 just b4 he went to barca

Unread 30-12-2008, 10:09 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he's off form. why on earth anyone would interpret that as wanting away or not trying, i don't know. if he really wanted away any one of the twenty or so times he gets clattered every game would provide an excuse.

fwiw, i think we're now seeing the effect of the injury and the lack of pre-season. not unusual for a player to come back and hit form for a while before slipping back.
You're kidding yourself mate, he's going through the motions in his compromise 'one more season' wake up and smell the coffee....

Unread 30-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
You're kidding yourself mate, he's going through the motions in his compromise 'one more season' wake up and smell the coffee....
Do people still say this? Quite incredible.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:20 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
Do people still say this? Quite incredible.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

If he was anything like the Stoke game he can go and £#%&! himself. I'd like to have given him a dig in the face after that game, spoilt little #@&%!. I hate the £#%&!er.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:29 AM
puressence

the sooner he £#%&!s off the better

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:46 AM
keano's love

I wonder without being "interested" he had most number of shots on target in the match. He also went into a fight with pogatetz being "uninterested"

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:50 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
I wonder without being "interested" he had most number of shots on target in the match. He also went into a fight with pogatetz being "uninterested"
Fight with Pogatetz.......was all about his ego, do you know who I am, how dare you dirty my socks!

Most shots on Target.....I would have guessed Rooney but I suppose you've got some opta stat or other that shows otherwise, the Ronaldo of last season would have had about 2 or 3 goals last night, how many 'simle' chances in front of goal did he put wide of the target have a look in your stats for me....tia.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
You're so £#%&!ing thick it's unreal.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:58 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
Fight with Pogatetz.......was all about his ego, do you know who I am, how dare you dirty my socks!

Most shots on Target.....I would have guessed Rooney but I suppose you've got some opta stat or other that shows otherwise, the Ronaldo of last season would have had about 2 or 3 goals last night, how many 'simle' chances in front of goal did he put wide of the target have a look in your stats for me....tia.
now you are quoting his missed chances for justifying your "disinterested" comment.

by that way park, rooney and tevez are always "disinterested" in united matches.

Unread 30-12-2008, 12:05 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
now you are quoting his missed chances for justifying your "disinterested" comment.

by that way park, rooney and tevez are always "disinterested" in united matches.
Park, Rooney and Tevez aren't the best player in the world but actually try to their full ability in every game to mixed results.

Unread 30-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Pewster

There was no prospect of the preening Portuguese #@&%! chasing back or putting some work in when he hadn't got the ball, especially in the first half.

Unread 30-12-2008, 02:58 PM
magic_cantona

He's off form, yes.

Does that mean that chasing back is off the menu?Or acknowledging the supporters as you come off is?

Being out of sorts can be forgiven, not scoring goals for fun can be forgiven, trying to have a dig at Pogatit can be applauded , being lazy and acting like a slapped arse is something else.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Ether

I think anyone criticising Ronnie for not 'chasing back' is missing the point somewhat.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I think anyone criticising Ronnie for not 'chasing back' is missing the point somewhat.
How?

edit:I'm too stupid to see it.

Unread 30-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
How?

edit:I'm too stupid to see it.
Because it's not part of his game and never has been! He was just the same on this score last year, I can't remember anybody having a pop at him for it then though. It's the 80/20 rule, he saves his energy so he can use it where he is most effective.
Closed Thread