Roy Carroll 5 11.90%
Fabian Barthez 5 11.90%
Mark Bosnich 13 30.95%
A.N. Other 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 20-12-2023, 10:21 AM
Zorg

Of those I've seen, Leighton.

He was a total liability and taking that bold step of binning him was a key moment on the way to success for Frogger. Most managers would have taken the easy decision, kept him in and possibly lost the replay.

Unread 20-12-2023, 10:29 AM
Rorschach

Thumbs up

A little positivity - by no means the best keeper but by far my favourite (sorry, Edwin) is the late, great Mad Les Sealey. Love the guy. If you get a chance, I recommend his rescued autobiography.

Unread 20-12-2023, 10:38 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
A little positivity - by no means the best keeper but by far my favourite (sorry, Edwin) is the late, great Mad Les Sealey. Love the guy. If you get a chance, I recommend his rescued autobiography.
What a man. You'd never put him at the top ability wise but his sheer presence and personality made up for it and spread confidence throughout the team. Brilliant guy.

Unread 20-12-2023, 11:02 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Tbf to Barthez, he made one of the greatest saves I've ever seen in the shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZml5oa-h_U
A United supporting mate of mine gave him absolutely no credit for that because he hated him so much.

"It only looked good because he's small"

Unread 20-12-2023, 11:55 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Onana or Paddy Roche. Probably Onana.

Unread 20-12-2023, 12:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Taibi?

Bosnich awful, Barthez terrible. Roy Carroll was the worst for me.
Carroll gets a bad rep for some reason. Seem to remember him playing a couple of games vs Arsenal at the height of the rivalry and didn't let us down. Not a chance I'd be confident of Onana doing the same

Unread 20-12-2023, 12:41 PM
Ethers

I think Carroll gets a bad rep because people immediately think of that £#%&! up versus Spurs. But you’re right, he was generally pretty solid as far as I can remember.

Onana for me. I’ve never seen anyone flap so much when a ball goes into the box. He’s shit. His shot-stopping is below average and that’s being extremely generous.

I feel sorry for him because he seems a decent guy.

Unread 20-12-2023, 01:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think Carroll gets a bad rep because people immediately think of that £#%&! up versus Spurs. But you’re right, he was generally pretty solid as far as I can remember.

Onana for me. I’ve never seen anyone flap so much when a ball goes into the box. He’s shit. His shot-stopping is below average and that’s being extremely generous.

Certainly a better keeper for Utd than the likes of Bosnich, PIG, Taibi, Foster...and probably quite a few more.

Unread 20-12-2023, 01:38 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Leighton was bad. Got dog's abuse from Redissue. Seemed to be constantly in no man's land. Barthez also really poor and positionally unreliable. Though gets a very easy ride on here, de Gea last year was probably the worst i can recall (golden glove notwithstanding!), not least in gifting a goal in the first ever all-Manchester cup final the utter #@&%!
Captain Condom

Unread 20-12-2023, 09:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Milan at home is my worst memory of him.

Unread 20-12-2023, 09:57 PM
no fun

John O’Shea