United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2018, 09:56 PM
The taste of...

Can’t abide having a United centre forward that can’t trap an anvil

Having said that even I sat back in awe at his shinned twenty yard square pass to Tony V second half

Unread 21-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Billy Redface

I didn't think he was *that* bad.

Nice cross for Lingard header first half. Not much went right for him, but he kept at it. That's all you can ask when it's not your day.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:34 PM
sub three hours

It's been almost a full season now and I'm still not fully convinced that Big Romelu is our best option.

For sure, he's bagged a lot of goals and definitely offers size and presence up front but he lacks basic football skills and his first touch isn't brilliant for a main striker at a club like United with European expectations.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Sparky***

His replacement didn't exactly set the £#%&!ing world alight either.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
It's been almost a full season now and I'm still not fully convinced that Big Romelu is our best option.

For sure, he's bagged a lot of goals and definitely offers size and presence up front but he lacks basic football skills and his first touch isn't brilliant for a main striker at a club like United with European expectations.
I think we got to see what joses tactics would look like without him. Granted rashford was thrown in a dead rubber he was never in the game, jose needs that big physical presence. Its the reason why he brough fellaini on. As of now, lukaku is the best option for joses style of play.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:48 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think we got to see what joses tactics would look like without him. Granted rashford was thrown in a dead rubber he was never in the game, jose needs that big physical presence. Its the reason why he brough fellaini on. As of now, lukaku is the best option for joses style of play.
You're right, it back to reconciling the Jose way with your own personal football ideology again isn't it?

You can see it on here, there isn't a right or a wrong, but some of us think football is all about winning trophies - others think it's about entertainment and ethos.

Jose definitely delivers the former but or me it's all about the latter - tin hat on time - but winning trophies is a bit hollow and forgettable the Jose way for me.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:50 PM
believe

Quote:
You're right, it back to reconciling the Jose way with your own personal football ideology again isn't it?

You can see it on here, there isn't a right or a wrong, but some of us think football is all about winning trophies - others think it's about entertainment and ethos.

Jose definitely delivers the former but or me it's all about the latter - tin hat on time - but winning trophies is a bit hollow and forgettable the Jose way for me.
You’re in for a rough couple of years

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:58 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You’re in for a rough couple of years

I know, Jose has changed the expectations of some United supporters, I can even feel it on here.

Despite the fact that the prelude to a match is now more about fearful anticipation, entertainment is unimportant, everyone underperforms, Young gets man of the match, the stadium isn't full and a grotesque extra from the hobbit heads the ball into the net without knowing anything about it, we're winning and for some that is all that matters.

Unread 30-04-2018, 03:18 PM
browser

Quote:

I know, Jose has changed the expectations of some United supporters, I can even feel it on here.

Despite the fact that the prelude to a match is now more about fearful anticipation, entertainment is unimportant, everyone underperforms, Young gets man of the match, the stadium isn't full and a grotesque extra from the hobbit heads the ball into the net without knowing anything about it, we're winning and for some that is all that matters.
Utter bobbins. Why do people keep saying this? Was a great header.

Unread 30-04-2018, 03:20 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

I think people on here just look at Lukaku and see what they want to see, you could put Harry Kane or Aguero up front for us and they wouldn't score that many, the service to the striker is dog shit.

After an implausibly laboured build up, we have Young on one side who can only hit crosses accurately to an area just beyond the back post and even then it's 2 or 3 in 10 he actually manages to find someone and on the other side you have Valencia a man who can apparently calculate the ideal angle to hit a pullback that it will be out of the reach of all our players simultaneously, that's when he isn't hitting crosses like a playground bully in a cold PE lesson trying to give the first defender a "stinger" with a Mitre size 5.

The rest is Sanchez, Pogba and Lingard trying low percentage one twos or trying to dink balls with backspin in between defence and keeper from 20 yards out.

The idea that the way we play is to any sort of strikers strengths let alone Lukaku's is faintly comical.

Unread 01-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Billy Redface

Any news on how The Big Man has recovered after Sunday?

Unread 01-05-2018, 09:54 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Looks like he's gonna make it acc to the mirror.

Unread 01-05-2018, 09:59 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Don’t care one jot

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:03 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Don’t care one jot
Much rather him face chelsea than rashford. Do I even need a tin hat on? Don't think Rashy is ready to lead the line yet.

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Much rather him face chelsea than rashford. Do I even need a tin hat on? Don't think Rashy is ready to lead the line yet.
Like him or not, he's crucial to how we play.

He's scored 28 goals. I don't want us missing a 28 goal striker going into a major final.

He's done well recently. We need him fit.

Unread 01-05-2018, 10:18 AM
barca99

Some people on here

Not happy unless united make 10000000 passes before walking into to the net doing cartwheels. If scoring a header is so easy why aren't we all doing it for a living?

Young player, first season at united, a shed load of goals and people still moan. Get of your high horses thinking united have some god given right to be playing 'the best football in the world' Hes had a great season considering the services he has for the best part.

For me its all about winning, end of.

Anyone who wants Rashford or Martial up top v Chelsea needs sectioning.

'All he does it score goals' even that's not true his hold up play is brilliant. Going to score a ton of goals for united

Unread 01-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Coracao

Think you're stretching it saying his hold up play is brilliant If it was, then he'd get far less criticism. I think he has shown signs of improvement in his game as the season has gone on. Still needs work on his touch and he could be far more of a handful if he was more aggressive.

Unread 01-05-2018, 11:10 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Some people on here

Not happy unless united make 10000000 passes before walking into to the net doing cartwheels. If scoring a header is so easy why aren't we all doing it for a living?

Young player, first season at united, a shed load of goals and people still moan. Get of your high horses thinking united have some god given right to be playing 'the best football in the world' Hes had a great season considering the services he has for the best part.

'All he does it score goals' even that's not true his hold up play is brilliant. Going to score a ton of goals for united

Unread 01-05-2018, 11:17 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Some people on here

Couldn’t agree more

Plus he puts in a wicked cross from the right.

Unread 01-05-2018, 11:49 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Think you're stretching it saying his hold up play is brilliant If it was, then he'd get far less criticism. I think he has shown signs of improvement in his game as the season has gone on. Still needs work on his touch and he could be far more of a handful if he was more aggressive.
Not the finished article by any means but at times this season his hold up play has been brilliant.

Agreed hit touch needs work.

Not sure any of the lads on here who think he has been a good signing would say he is the finished article, but those that don't rate him fail to recognise any quality he has, namely his goal scoring ability
Closed Thread