United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not sure how much of that is born out of low confidence. He's deffo struggled with the move.

Ashley £#%&!ing Young forgot he was still here.
The squad is just too bloated.

Young, Bastian & Memphis take home over £400k a week between them and none of them are any where near the first team. Ridiculous.

We could cut £500k a week off the wage bill without even noticing the players have gone. That's before you consider Rooney.

Unread 02-01-2017, 09:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Hearing the Rooney love brigade have run out of excuses.
There's a Rooney love brigade?

Who's in it?

Unread 02-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
There's a Rooney love brigade?

Who's in it?
Colleen

Unread 02-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Lok

It's always felt like a marriage of convenience. We were the biggest team Rooney could play for as he didn't want to leave the north west. We knew he would do the job for us and getting him at the age we did meant longevity and stability.

There's been very little love between the two (transfer requests etc..).

Maybe it's because he's scouse, maybe it's because he's a bit of a @#%&! but I doubt many will shed a tear when he goes.

Unread 02-01-2017, 09:58 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's always felt like a marriage of convenience. We were the biggest team Rooney could play for as he didn't want to leave the north west. We knew he would do the job for us and getting him at the age we did meant longevity and stability.

Maybe it's because he's scouse, maybe it's because he's a bit of a c*** but I doubt many will shed a tear when he goes.
I do think it's odd that people who wouldn't piss on Rooney if he was on fire start twanging their tummy bananas whenever a Ronaldo coming back rumour pops up. Ronaldo treated the club like a pissy rag the last 12 months he was here.

Unread 02-01-2017, 09:58 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Because he has his agent whoring out stories everytime something doesnt go his way
says who?

In any case, I suggest you stop listening to tabloid 'stories' if they upset you that much.
You're a grown man aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Maybe it's because he's scouse, maybe it's because he's a bit of a @#%&! but I doubt many will shed a tear when he goes.
what a massive £#%&!ing tart you are ffs
Embarrassing.

Unread 02-01-2017, 10:26 PM
magic_cantona

When he's 'fit' again, who does he replace then? Certainly nobody out there today. All have something more to offer than Rooney at the moment. Usually, a club suffers when it's captain (and usually their best player) is out - we've thrived.

Martial, Rashford, Zlatan, Mata, Miki - he can't push them out. Jesse's been inconsistent but still makes way for Martial or Rashford if dropped.

He sure as shit doesn't replace Zlatan, so then we're talking just behind Zlatan. Would you have him ahead of Mata or Miki?

He's good to come off the bench if we're down to the bare bones and it's clear we're better without him. Loved what he's done for us but he just doesn't warrant a place, let alone the captaincy (Herrera).

Unread 02-01-2017, 10:42 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
I do think it's odd that people who wouldn't piss on Rooney if he was on fire start twanging their tummy bananas whenever a Ronaldo coming back rumour pops up. Ronaldo treated the club like a pissy rag the last 12 months he was here.
He also scored 25+ goals that season.

I wouldn't mind a few more players treating us like a pissy rag if that's what it is.

Unread 02-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
what a massive £#%&!ing tart you are ffs
Embarrassing.
The biggest tart on here calling people a tart

We're talking about a bloke that has tried to leave us twice but you've still got him on your bedsheets.

Unread 02-01-2017, 10:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The biggest tart on here calling people a tart

We're talking about a bloke that has tried to leave us twice but you've still got him on your bedsheets.

Unread 02-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

You actually wrote that...

Marriage of convenience

Unread 02-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You actually wrote that...

Marriage of convenience

Twelve years. Won all there is to win. Clubs record goalscorer by the end of the season.

Give me 'convenience' any day of the week

Unread 02-01-2017, 10:58 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Our options appear to be to try and force him out to China, or to keep him and use him as and when required and hope that a team in good form with confident players will help give him a platform to find form.

Considering our top scorer is 35 and played just about every minute he's been available for and there's a fair chance we've got a shit ton of games to come, and that if he did leave he certainly wouldn't be replaced in this window, I think it would actually be foolish to sell him.

He's no longer automatic first pick, and there's no longer any pretence about him being a CM, so I'm happy. If he can force his way back in on merit, we all win.

Unread 02-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

tell you what, the fact we've got carrick and zlatan both absolutely bossing it aged 35 kind of puts rooney's predicament into perspective.

normally you'd maybe bring a veteran captain on to manage the game last 20 mins or so, but that's hardly rooney's strength anyway cus he's too sloppy on the ball...

would be very surprised if he wanted to leave in this window regardless of the record and would be even more surprised if mourinho would let him if he doesn't have to. loads of games coming up and this season has potential to turn into something big.

Unread 02-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Our options appear to be to try and force him out to China, or to keep him and use him as and when required and hope that a team in good form with confident players will help give him a platform to find form.

Considering our top scorer is 35 and played just about every minute he's been available for and there's a fair chance we've got a shit ton of games to come, and that if he did leave he certainly wouldn't be replaced in this window, I think it would actually be foolish to sell him.

He's no longer automatic first pick, and there's no longer any pretence about him being a CM, so I'm happy. If he can force his way back in on merit, we all win.
No.....

Our options aren't China or play him till an offer comes in...

Are you this stupid IRL ? You absolute thicket...

Unread 02-01-2017, 11:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No.....

Our options aren't China or play him till an offer comes in...

Are you this stupid IRL ? You absolute thicket...
Who said anything about waiting for an offer to come in? Or playing him until an offer comes in

Are you this thick IRL?

Unread 02-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

This.

As ever on here, it's extremes. He's just not an automatic pick. Doesn't mean he can't have a role to play. He will. As you say, if he's there on merit and does well when selected, then win win.

Unread 02-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Mr_Ed

We've won 6 on the spin without the fat, non ball controlling, wayward passing £#%&!tard in the side and people are surprised?

Unread 02-01-2017, 11:08 PM
utd99

I think I'm starting to see who's in the Rooney love brigade btw..

They get really aggressive when their love interest is criticised huh?

Unread 02-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We've won 6 on the spin without the fat, non ball controlling, wayward passing £#%&!tard in the side and people are surprised?
Shhhhhh, the fan club will call you a tart and ridicule you.
Closed Thread