United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 03-01-2018, 10:11 PM
armchair

Apparently this is an official statement from trump re bannon

Quote:
Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isnít as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesnít represent my baseóheís only in it for himself.

Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down.
So much for trump being bannon's puppet

Old 03-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Read it before....

Absolute pearler this...

Quote:
Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isnít as easy as I make it look.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:17 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

Proper fall out.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:23 PM
armchair

milo throwing the digs and releasing emails to buzzfeed

Quote:
On Jan. 13, 2016, three weeks before the Iowa caucuses marked the beginning of the Republican primary election season, then-Breitbart tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos sent Bannon, along with Breitbart editor-in-chief Alex Marlow, a draft of a story titled "How Trump Can Win Iowa."

"Why r we doing this," Bannon responded.

"We want him to win, don't we?" Yiannopoulos wrote back. "Well, I do..."

"No," Bannon replied, and told his staffers to hold the story. "I'm totally indifferent. I'm darwinian...he who wins, wins."

Four days later, on Jan. 17, Yiannopoulos kicked the tires on the email thread, linking to a CNN video in which Trump discussed his relationship with God.

At the time of the Iowa primary, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz slammed Trump to the state's evangelical voters by saying that he had never asked God for forgiveness.

"He NEVER asks for forgiveness!!!" Bannon wrote back. "It's a joke having him discuss god."

Still, Bannon approved the story, on the condition that then-Breitbart editor-at-large Ben Shapiro write a dueling column in support of Cruz.

In response to Bannon's criticism of Trump's lack of humility before God, Breitbart's Washington political editor Matthew Boyle chimed in. "...He can't do anything wrong, at least in his mind," Boyle wrote. "Trump is a genius at showing absolutely no weakness whatsoever and projecting macho man confidence. He is a giant walking, living, breathing self-fulfilling prophecy."

"Narcissist," Bannon wrote back.

Seven months later, Bannon left Breitbart to lead the Trump campaign.
Bannon backing Moore in Alabama was a really stupid mistake.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Buck

Amusing to see Trump and his followers turn on a guy they championed for so long

"Bannon is going to be much more influential for Trump's agenda outside the White House than in it. It's 4d chess..."

Old 03-01-2018, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
milo throwing the digs and releasing emails to buzzfeed

Bannon backing Moore in Alabama was a really stupid mistake
Trump also supported him ISTR.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Trump also supported him ISTR.
His candidate was luther strange. strange lost the primary. moore was bannon's candidate.

trump went to Alabama for strange but he still lost.

Who is Luther Strange, who Trump keeps endorsing?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/luther-...a-senate-race/

Trump goes to Alabama to save Luther Strange -- and spare GOP from Roy Moore
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/22/po...nge/index.html

Moore is a f***ing crazy but he would've voted for trump every time.

i honestly think the gop dodged a bullet with moore. he was insane.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:31 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
In the official statement Trump says that Bannon "lost his mind" after being booted out of his White House role.

What the hell does this say about Trumps judgement considering he gave him a job running first his electoral campaign, then the bloody country?

Old 03-01-2018, 11:38 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
In the official statement Trump says that Bannon "lost his mind" after being booted out of his White House role.

What the hell does this say about Trumps judgement considering he gave him a job running first his electoral campaign, then the bloody country?
nope he was an adviser for the campaign and an adviser briefly in the administration - he didn't run either.

all it means is he didn't want his advice any longer.

bannon was a very influential media figure - that intel/influence was useful. probably more in the campaign (free pr) rather than after it. You are hardly going to ditch someone helped you win immediately are you?

Sean Spicer was part of the administration for a longer time and he was a total joke.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:43 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
nope he was an adviser for the campaign and an adviser briefly in the administration - he didn't run either.

all it means is he didn't want his advice any longer.

bannon was a very influential media figure - that intel/influence was useful. probably more in the campaign (free pr) rather than after it. You are hardly going to ditch someone helped you win immediately are you?

Sean Spicer was part of the administration for a longer time and he was a total joke.

I stand corrected armchair, strange as I definitely got the impression that Trump got in to power largely due to Bannon's skill at making paranoid, disconnected people believe bullshit.